Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do?

• 16-06-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

I bought the new ipad (64GB with wifi + 3G) the first day it came out in PC World up in Carrickmines. I just realised a few weeks back that I should have bought the 32GB wifi only. I can't return it as I have opened it but not registered it. I haven't dropped it either I have the receipt for it. I have put it up on adverts.ie and gumtree.ie but no one came up with the right offer I'm asking.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

leemaree wrote: »
    I bought the new ipad (64GB with wifi + 3G) the first day it came out in PC World up in Carrickmines. I just realised a few weeks back that I should have bought the 32GB wifi only. I can't return it as I have opened it but not registered it. I haven't dropped it either I have the receipt for it. I have put it up on adverts.ie and gumtree.ie but no one came up with the right offer I'm asking.

Any suggestions?

Reduce your asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

whiterebel wrote: »
    Reduce your asking?

I reduced by €69 already

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

leemaree wrote: »
    I reduced by €69 already

Exactly. Its second hand, no matter how many times you've used it, and you don't seem to have a receipt. if I was buying one, I would spend the extra to have it brand new. The other option, of course, is to keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The money you'll loose selling it to buy a 32gb wifi only model, you may as well just keep it and call it a lesson learnt?
    3G is handy if you on holidays and buy a local sim too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The money you'll loose selling it to buy a 32gb wifi only model, you may as well just keep it and call it a lesson learnt?
    3G is handy if you on holidays and buy a local sim too

+1 you're looking to drop function and memory, not add something that you don't have so I'd query whether it's worth your while trying to downgrade.

I expect that what you're looking to do is sell and then buy secondhand and have money in your hands at the end of the day. If I was you I'd keep what I have, there's a high probability that you'll end up with a dud or a fake if you go buying secondhand to replace what you have, especially for the current model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

I dont get it...

You wanted 32GB Wifi....

You bought 64GB Wifi & 3G

You still have 32 GB WIFI

You dont have to use 3G

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,489 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

He wants to trade down and get some money for the features he doesn't want.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

coylemj wrote: »
    He wants to trade down and get some money for the features he doesn't want.
    And lose most of the cost of those features in the trade down in the process. Don't see the point, tbh.

Advertisement