Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is anyone elses sky tv cutting off?

Options
  • 16-06-2012 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

As the title says is anyone elses sky tv reception dissapearing in donegal today ? Mines has been coming off and on all day :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Was watching the 2 rugby matches this morning and sky news is on now and no bother with mine....twin towns btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah mine is every now and again.

Its the ****ty weather, the misty rain always fecks ours down by blacks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sounds to me like your dish might be slightly misaligned, which would result in signal breakup during rain or clouds. Since the signal comes from satellites in the sky, clouds and rain affect incoming signal, often called "rain fade"

The only real solution is to get in as much signal as possible to allow for rain fade, be it aligning the dish as well as possible, as well as ensuring the dish isn't deformed, or perhaps too small.

Indeed, I could argue that the 60cm Sky dishes are too small for NW Ireland, though they're fine usually, barring the worst of thundery weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

my sky is doing the same

Advertisement