Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drugs test

• 16-06-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭

Hope I'm in the right place to ask this. A friend of mine is taking a court ordered drug test next week. I'll leave the reasons why out they're not important.

The crux of the issue is that he very regularly hangs out with 3 lads that smoke a lot of weed on a daily basis and the room is regularly quite smokey from it. He hasn't smoked weed in about 3 and a half years but lets the lads smoke in his place.

2 days ago I told him to be careful and steer clear of the lads for a while as the fact that he is in a very smokey room passively smoking what they are smoking it may show up in the test. Would it show up on the test if he is only smoking it passively but regularly?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

it seeps into the blood capillaries so yeah it could show up but im not sure if thc can show up in such amounts,i checked it on google and it says theres not enough for it to show up in pee,maybe you should check all sources of information on the internet and elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

A friend you say......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

Big Steve wrote: »
    Hope I'm in the right place to ask this. A friend of mine is taking a court ordered drug test next week. I'll leave the reasons why out they're not important.

The crux of the issue is that he very regularly hangs out with 3 lads that smoke a lot of weed on a daily basis and the room is regularly quite smokey from it. He hasn't smoked weed in about 3 and a half years but lets the lads smoke in his place.

2 days ago I told him to be careful and steer clear of the lads for a while as the fact that he is in a very smokey room passively smoking what they are smoking it may show up in the test. Would it show up on the test if he is only smoking it passively but regularly?

If he doesn't smoke it the THC shouldn't show up, regular smokers need about 30 days to get it out of their system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

... I'll leave the reasons why out they're not important...
    Au contraire.

This is AH, and the reasons are of the utmost importance.

Make with the fucking reasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

It is rare, but occassionally if you are in a room covered with smoke you me test positively. Depends on the type of test done, where it is done will reflect this. A lot of test kits used by GP inhouse will not show THC, whereas if it is sent to a lab it is a different story. Need more info really.

Not all drug tests are the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Au contraire.

This is AH, and the reasons are of the utmost importance.

Make with the fucking reasons!

No as they don't affect the answers to the question I've posed.

Actually they might, we use tests in my clinics and the reasons for a court order test and how that is worded is important to try answer your question.

Then how do you expect us to make judgements on his character?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

If he's sitting in a smoke filled room for extend periods of time then there's the chance of it showing up, he might find sitting in the fresh air a better option for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

his 3 friends are lucky they can get their hands on any at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Come now, Big Steve. Even I'm not a big smoker, but I think I'd find it difficult to invite friends around to my house for three and a half years and sit with them while they smoked and I... I don't know... did some knitting or something.

Are you sure he didn't smoke? We're all friends here, we won't tell.

Odysseus wrote: »
    Actually they might, we use tests in my clinics and the reasons for a court order test and how that is worded is important to try answer your question.

Okay basically courts have taken the kids of him and his girlfriend as the Gardaí showed up one night and the lads were smoking weed downstairs when the kids were upstairs in bed and the house had previously been raided for drugs. The kids were taken and they were told they could have the kids back if they passed a drugs test.
    later12 wrote: »
    Come now, Big Steve. Even I'm not a big smoker, but I think I'd find it difficult to invite friends around to my house for three and a half years and sit with them while they smoked and I... I don't know... did some knitting or something.

Are you sure he didn't smoke? We're all friends here, we won't tell.

He hasn't smoked since he got with the missus. Because she had a kid already.

Okay basically courts have taken the kids of him and his girlfriend as the Gardaí showed up one night and the lads were smoking weed downstairs when the kids were upstairs in bed and the house had previously been raided for drugs. The kids were taken and they were told they could have the kids back if they passed a drugs test.

Are they brass monkeys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Even though he's not smoking that would have been a good reason to stay clear of others smoking.

Are they brass monkeys?

What???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Tell him to be very careful not to drink his housemate's piss as that could give a positive test. However, if he's into that he's got bigger problems. Sick f*cker

What???

Junkies.

Junkies.

I wouldn't go that far. But they smoke a good bit daily.

But anyway my question is: Will he pass or fail the drugs test as a result of all of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

I think you can get contaminated off toilet seats

Or is that just for crabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

But anyway my question is: Will he pass or fail the drugs test as a result of all of this?

So, he has had his kids taken away as some junkies use his sitting room as a crack house. He then proceeds to continue to let his "mates" do it. :confused:

Sounds like he should fail

• Advertisement

I don't know about the drug test but he sounds like he'll definitely fail the AH parenting test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

I would think he'd be very unlucky if he did but remember that ugly ginger swimming woman who won those medals. She failed a drug test after pissing whiskey from her vangetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

What kind of parents let druggies use their house to smoke weed while there are kids around? And what kind of parents store drugs in their house with kids around, as proven by the previous drug raids?

"Lets the lads" come over to smoke weed? Sounds like a great dad

Someone who doesn't smoke but sits around with others smoking for several hours and he happens to have court-mandated drug tests? Sounds legit.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    I don't know about the drug test but he sounds like he'll definitely fail the AH parenting test.
    Avox wrote: »
    What kind of parents let druggies use their house to smoke weed while there are kids around? And what kind of parents store drugs in their house with kids around, as proven by the previous drug raids?

See? I told you.

They actually don't store drugs in the house. what happens is the lads tend to have an issue about keeping quiet and if we were sitting out the back they would be shouting "will you throw us that bag of weed" or "xxx are you rolling a spliff" or "xxxx whats the craic with that spliff" and the next door neighbour works for the county council.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I know the answer.

Wait. What?

Opens bag of meanies.

They actually don't store drugs in the house. what happens is the lads tend to have an issue about keeping quiet and if we were sitting out the back they would be shouting "will you throw us that bag of weed" or "xxx are you rolling a spliff" or "xxxx whats the craic with that spliff" and the next door neighbour works for the county council.

So they are drug taking free loaders?

So they are drug taking free loaders?

No they don't do drugs but the lads do smoke weed in the house and the nextdoor neighbour works for the council

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭brosy

The best way to pass a piss test is to consumer a lot of water the day before and on the day of the test itself. On the day of the test, he should have consumed at least 3 or 4 litres of water, almost to the extent that he pisses and drinks more, pisses and rinks more etc. By the time he is then taking the test, he will almost essentially be pissing completely clear urine. The water dilutes the piss to such an extent that whatever trace amounts are in his system, even less will show up. And I hear, although I can't confirm, that halfway through the act of pissing is the best timeslot to give the sample, as this is when the piss is at its clearest/most diluted.

While I can't confirm the total accuracy of this method, it worked for me twice. Once was to do with school a few years back, and the other was for entry to the RDF. If the army doctor couldn't make it out even though I'd been smoking steadily up to 2 days before the test, then there must be something to the method.

On a related note, there was some urban myth that drinking lots of vinegar 'clears out' the system'. I can categorically state that this is not only untrue, but is one horrible experience!

Hope this helps and best of luck to your 'friend'.

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

Give a fake urine sample.Get some body to pee in a jar before he goes in to do the test and use theirs.

No they don't do drugs but the lads do smoke weed in the house and the nextdoor neighbour works for the council

why in God's name would they still allow this to happen?

Sound like neighbours from hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Lumbo wrote: »
    A friend you say......

It's always the friend. Got the love the stupid bastard, he's always getting himself in deep ****:p

He hasn't smoked since he got with the missus. Because she had a kid already.

Where is the test to happen? That will give us an insight into whether it goes to a lab or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

A charming tale of drug tests and a suspicious character called Big Steve.
    Did you get that name in the showers :D

• Advertisement

Why would the Gardai just show up?They must have had a warrant to enter so i assume this friend is known as some kind of druggie? If the test is done without a doctor or a garda actually standing holding the cup or looking over your shoulder then bring another persons fresh pee in a small jar.Those fumes rise up and the kid upstairs will be breathing in the fumes or when he comes down for breckfast in the morning he will breathe it in and see blokes stoned on the sofa it is not a good situation and i am glad the child is being looked out for by the athoritys

why in God's name would they still allow this to happen?

Sound like neighbours from hell.

Neighbours from hell would be a load of fellas drinking and shouting. Neighbours from heaven would be a load of fellas smoking and watching a DVD.

brosy wrote: »
    The best way to pass a piss test is to consumer a lot of water the day before and on the day of the test itself. On the day of the test, he should have consumed at least 3 or 4 litres of water, almost to the extent that he pisses and drinks more, pisses and rinks more etc. By the time he is then taking the test, he will almost essentially be pissing completely clear urine. The water dilutes the piss to such an extent that whatever trace amounts are in his system, even less will show up. And I hear, although I can't confirm, that halfway through the act of pissing is the best timeslot to give the sample, as this is when the piss is at its clearest/most diluted.

No this won't work, cannabis is stored int fat, it is not water soluble

While I can't confirm the total accuracy of this method, it worked for me twice. Once was to do with school a few years back, and the other was for entry to the RDF. If the army doctor couldn't make it out even though I'd been smoking steadily up to 2 days before the test, then there must be something to the method.

On a related note, there was some urban myth that drinking lots of vinegar 'clears out' the system'. I can categorically state that this is not only untrue, but is one horrible experience!

Hope this helps and best of luck to your 'friend'.

Neighbours from hell would be a load of fellas drinking and shouting. Neighbours from heaven would be a load of fellas smoking and watching a DVD.

really? Maybe read below again.

A guy i worked with did a random test in work and claimed passive smoking but the test showed up that the levil was too high for that and he got sacked.These scientists are very exact and they have to be as this could be used to take a child into care so it has to be done legally and carefully.Get your boxer shorts and a small spraying tube and just spray somebody's pee into the jar.When they see you take off ur jacket and pull down ur jocks they will assume you are really doing a pee as all you have on is boxers.
    Tell your friend to keep wasters and free loaders out of the house they are using his home as a doss house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

i don't think people should be advising on how to pass a drugs test. didnt think it was allowed on boards.

he shouldn't pass and these children should stay in care where they will be much better off and healthier. give them to someone who wants children and doesn't do drugs.

PM me and I will go through various testing procedures if you want.

Originally Posted by Big Steve
    And i would say they are up all night doing this and maybe taking xtc or god knows what.Glad my neighbours are quiet all they have is a bbq and a few pints for the match and are in bed early as they work.

Have no idea about the science behind it or how accurate the method is, only stating that I passed an army piss test and a school related piss test after using the method when I should have clearly failed and drew the conclusion from that.

Check this link OP
    http://www.marijuana.com/news/drug-test/detection-time/

PucaMama wrote: »
    i don't think people should be advising on how to pass a drugs test. didnt think it was allowed on boards.

he shouldn't pass and these children should stay in care where they will be much better off and healthier. give them to someone who wants children and doesn't do drugs.

You are right i should not be advising him I also think the kid should be taken into care.
    They should really be doing a blood test (i think its illegal for them unless you agree to take it) and then they will find out exactly what is going on.
    Your friend will fail if he has smoked it and passive smoking will be shown as a low amount.They will know if its passive or not.
    The point is not weather he has taken the stuff himself it is that drug users are using the home in this way and the kid should not be in that situation.

Tell your friend to keep wasters and free loaders out of the house they are using his home as a doss house.

I have said as much. I have studied some law including a bit of family law as part of my Diploma and told them this would happen on multiple occassions but I always got the age old response:

"you don't have any kids of your own so you don't know what you're on about"

I'm not looking for anything except to know whether or not he will fail the drug test the court ordered.

Have no idea about the science behind it or how accurate the method is, only stating that I passed an army piss test and a school related piss test after using the method when I should have clearly failed and drew the conclusion from that.

Check this link OP
    http://www.marijuana.com/news/drug-test/detection-time/

It sounds like a test card was used, often these do not test for THC

I'm not looking for anything except to know whether or not he will fail the drug test the court ordered.

Where is the test to happen? That will give us an insight into whether it goes to a lab or not

^^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What kind of parents let druggies use their house to smoke weed while there are kids around?
    Your assuming they smoke in front of the kids then? People keep alcohol in the same house as the kids, it's the same thing, alcohol is even more dangerous to have around because even if the kids found the weed and eat it nothing would happen you can't get high from eating unprepared weed.
    The best way to pass a piss test is to consumer a lot of water the day before and on the day of the test itself. On the day of the test, he should have consumed at least 3 or 4 litres of water, almost to the extent that he pisses and drinks more, pisses and rinks more etc.
    This worked for me too, you have all these chemicals in your system anyway so as long as your below the minimum level, you pass. You do have to be careful though, drinking that amount of water is dangerous. Most people that die taking ecstasy die from water poisoning. You should start slow and drink water constantly days leading up to the test (the normal daily healthy amount there's no need to over do it) instead of binging just before the test.

I have said as much. I have studied some law including a bit of family law as part of my Diploma and told them this would happen on multiple occassions but I always got the age old response:

"you don't have any kids of your own so you don't know what you're on about"

What's with the big writing?

When you pay for advice, then you can make demands.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement