Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drugs test

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Big Steve wrote: »
    I have said as much. I have studied some law including a bit of family law as part of my Diploma and told them this would happen on multiple occassions but I always got the age old response:

"you don't have any kids of your own so you don't know what you're on about"

I'm not looking for anything except to know whether or not he will fail the drug test the court ordered.

only your friend can tell that. and if he was realy wanting those kids back he wouldnt have to ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

^^^^^

I dunno where the test is going to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭brosy

PucaMama wrote: »
    he shouldn't pass and these children should stay in care where they will be much better off and healthier. give them to someone who wants children and doesn't do drugs.

Dear god, why don't you go away and ring Joe Duffy and spew your disgusting negativity elsewhere. How dare somebody make a statement that a parent should have their children taken away from them without knowing anything about them. What a truly disgusting and needlessly vindictive comment.

I suppose you don't let your children (presuming you have children) near sugar, trans fats, churches, walk on streets where cars spew their noxious gasses, watch tv, to ride in cars, or to ever be in the company of people who drink alcohol etc. etc. all of which are clearly and obviously extremely dangerous scenarios when compared.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Your assuming they smoke in front of the kids then? People keep alcohol in the same house as the kids, it's the same thing, alcohol is even more dangerous to have around because even if the kids found the weed and eat it nothing would happen you can't get high from eating unprepared weed..

and the smokes that seeps up to where the children sleep? thats harmless is it?

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

I have said as much. I have studied some law including a bit of family law as part of my Diploma and told them this would happen on multiple occassions but I always got the age old response:

"you don't have any kids of your own so you don't know what you're on about"

I'm not looking for anything except to know whether or not he will fail the drug test the court ordered.

Go into a chemist and buy a test its cheap and will show up any drugs in his pee then he will know.I think its 20euro or less and some parents make their kids take these tests.Its lke a pregnancy test only it shows up drugs.Boots chemist have them.

brosy wrote: »
    Dear god, why don't you go away and ring Joe Duffy and spew your disgusting negativity elsewhere. How dare somebody make a statement that a parent should have their children taken away from them without knowing anything about them. What a truly disgusting and needlessly vindictive comment.

I suppose you don't let your children (presuming you have children) near sugar, trans fats, churches, walk on streets where cars spew their noxious gasses, watch tv, to ride in cars, or to ever be in the company of people who drink alcohol etc. etc. all of which are clearly and obviously extremely dangerous scenarios when compared.

oh yes i am completely wrong to want a drug free environment for children :rolleyes: and i add that these drugs are illegal, and the examples you gave are not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Okay basically courts have taken the kids of him and his girlfriend as the Gardaí showed up one night and the lads were smoking weed downstairs when the kids were upstairs in bed and the house had previously been raided for drugs. The kids were taken and they were told they could have the kids back if they passed a drugs test.

He hasn't smoked since he got with the missus. Because she had a kid already.

What ?? is this f'ken true ? Over Weed !!! While Heroin addicts up and down the country are dragging their kids around the cities begging everyday....:mad:

Personally I failed one drug test in prison but passed the rest, I told the Circuit judge I just happened to be in the company of people smoking on the landing and she accepted it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Wtf?

If your kids were taken away from you because their home was being used as a drug den. Would you A, clean up your act for the sake of your family or B, continue letting their home be used as a place where drug use is common place?

Comparing it to fatty foods and going in cars is ridiculous .

Kids are not taken from their parents in this country very lightly.

Steve, tell your mate to cop on to himself for the sake of his children , before he damages them any more then he has with his selfish behaviour.

oh yes i am completely wrong to want a drug free environment for children :rolleyes: and i add that these drugs are illegal, and the examples you gave are not.

If food was illegal, People like you would starve ! ! !

• Advertisement

charlemont wrote: »

more support for useing illegal drugs :rolleyes: ive never understood why some people are so accepting of smoking drugs. even in this situation where it it affecting a childs life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If my children were taken from me because my home was being used as a drug den by my friends then I would get rid of my friends to get my kids back. Your friend may not be using dope but he is behaving as if he was as high as a kite by continuing to allow these feckers to use his home.
    He either wants his friends or his kids and he is presently making the wrong choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

The OP is just looking for basic info that can be found on the net, why can't people just either give him this and leave their personal ethics out of it.

charlemont wrote: »

That's crazy talk.

I'm all up for recreational drug use and drinking, if it floats your boat. It's when it starts to affect the people around you in a negative way, thats a problem.

The OP's mate should be looking to address this problem instead of cheating on a drug test. After all it's only himslef and the people he supposedly loves that are being cheated.

Odysseus wrote: »
    The OP is just looking for basic info that can be found on the net, why can't people just either give him this and leave their personal ethics out of it.

Welcome to a discussion forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

and the smokes that seeps up to where the children sleep? thats harmless is it?
    Whatever about the morality of having his friends around for a smoke-up while his kids are in the house - yes, the negligible amount of smoke that could make it from one room to another would be effectively harmless. And this could easily be circumvented by using advanced military techniques like, I dunno, closing the door or smokijng outside.

Tone down the hysteria there please if you don't mind.

• Advertisement

ALL HE HAS TO DO IS GET A SELF TEST IN BOOTS CHEMIST.
    THREAD CLOSED.
    EDIT I AM NOT A MOD HA HA I GOT CARRIED AWAY LOL

maybe he should have just searched for it himself so. and i still dont see why its ok to pass on info on how to cheat a drugs test.

The OP's mate should be looking to address this problem instead of cheating on a drug test. After all it's only himslef and the people he supposedly loves that are being cheated.
    He should address the problem AND cheat on the drug test.

Probably because there's questions regarding the welfare of children.

maybe he should have just searched for it himself so. and i still dont see why its ok to pass on info on how to cheat a drugs test.

Is he asking to cheat or just waht the results will be, I see the second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Very strange story.
    I mean it really just doesn't add up.
    As someone already said - why did the guards just show up?
    How did they gain access?
    Your kids don't just get taken away from you for a once off of your mates smoking hash in your house.
    And then he still allows his mates to come over and smoke??
    It's all a bit odd.

What has being illegal got to do with it? It's dangers I'm speaking of. Fair play to you for never having alcohol, sugar, trans-fats, religion, television in the same house as children. Illegality has absolutely nothing to do with dangers, only attitudes. To follow laws blindly is completely insane, especially when many are clearly wrong. I should probably not respond to you any more as it is quite clear that you have your mind already made up about the 'drugs' boogie man, and you are not open to rational reasoning.

While I agree that in this instance the OPs friend should have kept the friends away for the time being only because of the seriousness of having his kids taken away, this in no way changes my view that parents who happen to smoke weed as opposed to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes are in anyway less able parents solely because of that fact. Anyone with half a brain knows that smoking cigarettes in the company of children is one of the worst possible things you can do to your child. But you don't hear hysterical oul ones howling to 'take the kids away'. What a truly close minded and disgusting way to view other human beings. It just beggars belief.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Whatever about the morality of having his friends around for a smoke-up while his kids are in the house - yes, the negligible amount of smoke that could make it from one room to another would be effectively harmless. And this could easily be circumvented by using advanced military techniques like, I dunno, closing the door or smokijng outside.

Tone down the hysteria there please if you don't mind.

unless door are now airtight smoke can still move around thew house. for example, my neighbour in the next appartment goes outside to smoke. he is at the front of the house. i am at the back. the smell seeps in and fills the room. obviously along with smoke and stuff we cant see.

Probably because there's questions regarding the welfare of children.

Social service are all ready involved are they not, so what benefit are the post here about child care having

Is he asking to cheat or just waht the results will be, I see the second
    i saw advise on breinging a bottle of pee with him

Social service are all ready involved are they not, so what benefit are the post here about child care having

Because children thrive better with real and caring parents and the man should know that.

What has being illegal got to do with it? It's dangers I'm speaking of. Fair play to you for never having alcohol, sugar, trans-fats, religion, television in the same house as children. Illegality has absolutely nothing to do with dangers, only attitudes. To follow laws blindly is completely insane, especially when many are clearly wrong. I should probably not respond to you any more as it is quite clear that you have your mind already made up about the 'drugs' boogie man, and you are not open to rational reasoning.

While I agree that in this instance the OPs friend should have kept the friends away for the time being only because of the seriousness of having his kids taken away, this in no way changes my view that parents who happen to smoke weed as opposed to drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes are in anyway less able parents solely because of that fact. Anyone with half a brain knows that smoking cigarettes in the company of children is one of the worst possible things you can do to your child. But you don't hear hysterical oul ones howling to 'take the kids away'. What a truly close minded and disgusting way to view other human beings. It just beggars belief.

if they were legal he wouldnt be going to court and he would still have the children.

can you enlighten me as to whats wrong with following drug laws?

I WOULD LIKE TO ADD I WAS ADVISING HIM HOW TO PASS THE TEST BEFORE I READ THE PART ABOUT THE KIDS THEN CHANGED MY STANCE SO MODS DON'T BANHAMMER ME.
    If the guy is off drugs and is willing to tell his spongers to feck off and be a better parent maybe this fright is the best thing that happened to him.Any how is the mother taking the test as the baby is hers not only the fathers and we all know fathers dont have rights.
    She can kick her boyfriend out and she will be allowed to keep the kid I am sure.Maybe she should dump him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Children taken into care because a few friends sometimes smoke weed in the house? :confused:

Gotta be more to it than that...

i saw advise on breinging a bottle of pee with him

But did he ask for that, in a clinic that will not work as sample are supervised, the urine needs to be seen flowing into the bottle.

• Advertisement

But did he ask for that, in a clinic that will not work as sample are supervised, the urine needs to be seen flowing into the bottle.
    no he didint but it was said is my point

Because children thrive better with real and caring parents and the man should know that.

And your posts and other are helping with that more than social services how?

no he didint but it was said is my point

What point, it has nothing to with his question, it is off topic just like the others. The OP had a simple question which any profession would gladly answer for him without telling him how to cheat the system.

unless door are now airtight smoke can still move around thew house. for example, my neighbour in the next appartment goes outside to smoke. he is at the front of the house. i am at the back. the smell seeps in and fills the room. obviously along with smoke and stuff we cant see.
    It would be a serious and pressing concern if they were smoking mustard gas . But they're not, they're smoking weed, which is not a toxic substance to begin with, and will diffuse to the point of harmlessness long before it gets near the children, if it gets near them at all.

What point, it has nothing to with his question, it is off topic just like the others. The OP had a simple question which any profession would gladly answer for him without telling him how to cheat the system.

then ask a professional, not a discussion forum.

Welcome to a discussion forum.

An OT one?

And your posts and other are helping with that more than social services how?

Do you think he's listening to Social Services if the situation still exists? I don't and maybe the OP might try and advise the man that he is better off kicking his friends out if he's too stupid not to realize that himself. Having Garda raids and your children taken into care is not good for anyone. We are only trying to advise here so get off your horse.

if they were legal he wouldnt be going to court and he would still have the children.

can you enlighten me as to whats wrong with following drug laws?

My good God woman, have you no mind of your own?

Are you to tell me that the current laws are we have regarding substances make any sense whatsoever?

Do you know how many people die every year in this country from alcohol?
    Do you know how many people die every year in this country from tobacco?
    Do you know how many people die every year in this country from obesity?
    Do you know how many people die every year in this country from road deaths?

NOW

Do you know how many people have EVER died in RECORDED HISTORY from cannabis?

For someone as blatantly uneducated on the subject as yourself, this is the easiest and most reasonable argument I can put forward. I don't have the time to get into the countless other reasons why these laws are completely outdated and irrational.

Pace2008 wrote: »
    It would be a serious and pressing concern if they were smoking mustard gas . But they're not, they're smoking weed, which is not a toxic substance to begin with, and will diffuse to the point of harmlessness long before it gets near the children, if it gets near them at all.

first time i ever heard passive smoking was ok for children. how do you no it will be harmless? ridiculous that a drug is put before a child.

• Advertisement

Do you think he's listening to Social Services if the situation still exists? I don't and maybe the OP might try and advise the man that he is better off kicking his friends out if he's too stupid not to realize that himself. Having Garda raids and your children taken into care is not good for anyone. We are only trying to advise here so get off your horse.

If he refuses to do as SS require it doesn't matter whether he listens to them; they will act in the best interest of the kids. Poster here will have no influence on his behaviour

My good God woman, have you no mind of your own?

Are you to tell me that the current laws are we have regarding substances make any sense whatsoever?

Do you know how many people die every year in this country from alcohol?
    Do you know how many people die every year in this country from tobacco?
    Do you know how many people die every year in this country from obesity?
    Do you know how many people die every year in this country from road deaths?

NOW

Do you know how many people have EVER died in RECORDED HISTORY from cannabis?

For someone as blatantly uneducated on the subject as yourself, this is the easiest and most reasonable argument I can put forward. I don't have the time to get into the countless other reasons why these laws are completely outdated and irrational.

i never said the child will DIE from it! where did you pull that one from?
    and yes, i have a mind of my own one you will not change

An OT one?

It is perfectly on topic. It is part of the story. This isn't an ask a question get an answer forum . It's part of the information the poster supplied so fair game for comment.

If he refuses to do as SS require it doesn't matter whether he listens to them; they will act in the best interest of the kids. Poster here will have no influence on his behaviour

You don't know that. Stranger things have happened.

That's crazy talk.

I'm all up for recreational drug use and drinking, if it floats your boat. It's when it starts to affect the people around you in a negative way, thats a problem.

Fair enough.
    But its like this, There are alcoholics and other people unfit to be looking after children up and down this country, I agree having lots of people around using the house as a smoking den is a no-no, There could be more to this story, But a person having a few smokes when his children are in bed isn't exactly child abuse, I'd be far more concerned if children were exposed to a violent alcoholic or a wife beater. Or a habitual criminal teaching their child to have no respect for others.

The op's mate should tell his friends to find their own house to smoke, I make no secret that I smoke but even I don't let anyone in to my apartment to smoke and I don't even live with my son.

It is perfectly on topic. It is part of the story. This isn't an ask a question get an answer forum . It's part of the information the poster supplied so fair game for comment.

May for you it is, to many people reading too much into the question and avoiding it. Anyway OP has pM me hopeful he can get the info he needs, as well as the other who just wanted simply question answers.

I could be never had and never will tell someone how to fake a test, and I regularily report children at risk to SS. How many of the posters here will do that. As a private citizien they can, I have done it a both

• Advertisement

You don't know that. Stranger things have happened.

That is their remit, I report to them often enough.

i never said the child will DIE from it! where did you pull that one from?
    and yes, i have a mind of my own one you will not change

You asked what was wrong with the current drug laws we have and I explained in the most obvious manner possible.

I find it quite telling but mainly quite sad that you admit you will not change your mind and will most likely keep your close minded and uneducated views throughout your life. It is people like you who keep this country from reaching it's true potential, where others are not classed as criminals simply because we don't agree with their life choices. How truly vindictive some people are, it's pretty depressing.

I cannot fathom how someone can genuinely go through their lives and not question the status quo simply because the term ''it is illegal'' is enough to satisfy their feeble, unquestioning minds. If everyone was like you then homosexuality would still be a crime because up to the 1990s ''it was illegal''.

I sincerely hope that one day the majority of those who occupy this country will have the ability to form opinions by the logical processes they possess through their cognitive faculties. I want to have faith in the Darwinian trail of thought that the numbers of those such as yourself will gradually diminish over time, leaving only those of us who use reason and logic and not primitive emotion.

I sincerely hope that one day you will possess a mind of your own. Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

May for you it is, to many people reading too much into the question and avoiding it. Anyway OP has pM me hopeful he can get the info he needs, as well as the other who just wanted simply question answers.

I could be never had and never will tell someone how to chat a test, and I regularily report children at risk to SS. How much of the poster here will do that. As a private citizien they can, I have do it a both

I've reported people to social services in a personal and professional capacity too.
    What is your point?

This is after hours - you know what people are like here!

You asked what was wrong with the current drug laws we have and I explained in the most obvious manner possible.

I find it quite telling but mainly quite sad that you admit you will not change your mind and will most likely keep your close minded and uneducated views throughout your life. It is people like you who keep this country from reaching it's true potential, where others are not classed as criminals simply because we don't agree with their life choices. How truly vindictive some people are, it's pretty depressing.

I cannot fathom how someone can genuinely go through their lives and not question the status quo simply because the term ''it is illegal'' is enough to satisfy their feeble, unquestioning minds. If everyone was like you then homosexuality would still be a crime because up to the 1990s ''it was illegal''.

I sincerely hope that one day the majority of those who occupy this country will have the ability to form opinions by the logical processes they possess through their cognitive faculties. I want to have faith in the Darwinian trail of thought that the numbers of those such as yourself will gradually diminish over time, leaving only those of us who use reason and logic and not primitive emotion.

I sincerely hope that one day you will possess a mind of your own. Best of luck.

i am getting fed up with your insults about my intelligence.

i form my opinion on the drug because it can and will affect a persons health. that is logical. you have now dragged gay people into this. as if food/religion/tv wasnt enough. you obviously arent going to answer me without trying to insult me.

I've reported people to social services in a personal and professional capacity too.
    What is your point?

This is after hours - you know what people are like here!

My point being they will go on about it here, but it maybe even be happening in their own family and they won't pick up the phone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement