Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drugs test

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭brosy

PucaMama wrote: »
    i am getting fed up with your insults about my intelligence.

i form my opinion on the drug because it can and will affect a persons health. that is logical. you have now dragged gay people into this. as if food/religion/tv wasnt enough. you obviously arent going to answer me without trying to insult me.

I just find it very strange and sad that you would be so callous as to want somebody's children wrenched from their home and their lives, destroying an entire family and ensuring repercussions for the next generation, all because you do not agree with the parents being in the company of a substance whose effects are proven time after time to be more benign and less harmful than any of the legal substances/practices that I have mentioned, all for the sole reason because it is illegal. I cannot comprehend how you don't see this.

Should every child whose parents smoke fags be removed from their lives?
    Should every child whose parents drink be removed from their lives?
    etc.

I simply cannot understand why you refuse to accept the glaring double standards and hypocrisy here. It is clearly not about the child's safety, as everything I have mentioned is scientifically proven and accepted as being far more dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

ScumLord wrote: »
    even if the kids found the weed and eat it nothing would happen you can't get high from eating unprepared weed.

What do you mean by 'unprepared'? I thought you'd get a buzz from eating it either as is or in tea or summat? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

brosy wrote: »
    I just find it very strange and sad that you would be so callous as to want somebody's children wrenched from their home and their lives, destroying an entire family and ensuring repercussions for the next generation, all because you do not agree with the parents being in the company of a substance whose effects are proven time after time to be more benign and less harmful than any of the legal substances/practices that I have mentioned, all for the sole reason because it is illegal. I cannot comprehend how you don't see this.

Should every child whose parents smoke fags be removed from their lives?
    Should every child whose parents drink be removed from their lives?
    etc.

I simply cannot understand why you refuse to accept the glaring double standards and hypocrisy here. It is clearly not about the child's safety, as everything I have mentioned is scientifically proven and accepted as being far more dangerous.

this has already happened. then he was given the chance to get rid of his connections to the drug so his children could come home but he hasnt done this so he shouldnt get them back. simple.

fags and drink are legal. cannibis is not. simple also. that is what got him in trouble. im not here to argue about legaliseing drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Odysseus wrote: »
    That is their remit, I report to them often enough.

So do I actually. I still don't get your point though. Is this not a discussion board ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭brosy

fags and drink are legal. cannibis is not. simple also. that is what got him in trouble. im not here to argue about legaliseing drugs.

Once again, the crux of the matter raises it's ugly head. You have made your opinion quite clear here. No ethics or morality allowed. It is only because he broke a law that his children should be removed from his life. One would wonder if this should work with all laws. Perhaps going 51kph in a 50kph zone? By your 'reasoning' then yes, I would assume.

Well, you can't blame a guy for trying. I bid you adieu. I must go now and live my life. I sincerely hope that one day, all people will live and let live, and rejoice in the tapestry of variety that we as a species enjoy. Not today, quite clearly, but one day, we will not all be so callous as to look down on those whose life choices do not fit into our own blinkered frame of mind. I genuinely hope that you do one day come to your senses and question the status quo from time to time. If only for the sake of your mind.

brosy wrote: »
    Once again, the crux of the matter raises it's ugly head. You have made your opinion quite clear here. No ethics or morality allowed. It is only because he broke a law that his children should be removed from his life. One would wonder if this should work with all laws. Perhaps going 51kph in a 50kph zone? By your 'reasoning' then yes, I would assume.

Well, you can't blame a guy for trying. I bid you adieu. I must go now and live my life. I sincerely hope that one day, all people will live and let live, and rejoice in the tapestry of variety that we as a species enjoy. Not today, quite clearly, but one day, we will not all be so callous as to look down on those whose life choices do not fit into our own blinkered frame of mind. I genuinely hope that you do one day come to your senses and question the status quo from time to time. If only for the sake of your mind.

no ethics or morality? this isnt a person who sits in front a the tv and has a smoke we are talking about. this is an individual who invites a group around to smoke and make such a nuisance of themselves the neighbours have to report them. all this while his kids are in bad trying to sleep. who is lacking morals here? are his kids not more important to him?

oh and yes you deserve a severe punishment if you speed with your kids in the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

So do I actually. I still don't get your point though. Is this not a discussion board ?
    At leat let the OP get an answer to his question first, poor ****er couldn't even get that.

At leat let the OP get an answer to his question first, poor ****er couldn't even get that.

because we cant tell the future?

honestly, noone can tell for sure unless you get the test from the chemist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

because we cant tell the future?

honestly, noone can tell for sure unless you get the test from the chemist.

I can, if I know about the situation, where the test will be carried out. I can't be 100% sure but I give a very educated guess.

• Site Banned Posts: 116 ✭✭DERPY HOOFS

My point being they will go on about it here, but it maybe even be happening in their own family and they won't pick up the phone.

You know people get shot or stabbed for reporting people in some places.
    Alot of people are afraid to get involved as they do not want to give evidence in court.
    I can give a guess that the guys pee is full of hash you do not sit in a room every night with people smoking hash and not take anything.Drug users like others to be on their buzz.
    Peer pressure and the temptation is there.Birds of a feather.

• Advertisement

I can, if I know about the situation, where the test will be carried out. I can't be 100% sure but I give a very educated guess.

im not sure if the poster or the friend even no how it will happen. i would think urine samle.

i dont no if its true but i once heard that they can test your hair :confused:

this has already happened. then he was given the chance to get rid of his connections to the drug so his children could come home but he hasnt done this so he shouldnt get them back. simple.

Ever see the damage legal alcohol causes in familys :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Smoking grass in a house while children are upstairs doesn't make someone a scumbag instantly, if it was a bunch of lads drinking in a house while the kid was upstairs no one would think anything of it.... Although it wasn't so clever for your man to let people over to smoke considering what happened... but I'd imagine he will be fine, if he didn't inhale enough to make him stoned then he shouldn't fail the test although it will depend on what sort of test.

yes and again its not alcohol that got him in this mess its illegal drugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Children have been taken from their parents for Alcohol related reasons too.

Children have been taken from their parents for Alcohol related reasons too.

Yes me :( .My dad was a alco my granny minded me instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Big Steve wrote: »
    I wouldn't go that far. But they smoke a good bit daily.

But anyway my question is: Will he pass or fail the drugs test as a result of all of this?
    He will fail as hard as this thread did.

No advice about drugs will be given/taken here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement