Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI Mid Season Friendlies Against Foreign Sides

• 16-06-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭

Sham Rovers v Malmo June 17th

Shels Vs Millwall July 16th

Bray Vs Scunthorpe Utd July 17th

Longford Vs Millwall July 18th

Bray vs Wolves July 21st

Cork City Vs Watford July 24th

Wexford Youths Vs Bradford City July 24th

Bray Vs Bradford City July 28th

Dundalk Vs Chelsea XI Aug 14th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Will be making my way down to Bray to see City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Are the prices for these matches generally the same as normal ticket prices?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

BKC wrote: »
    Are the prices for these matches generally the same as normal ticket prices?

If it's a big enough foreign team, the LoI team ususally ups prices to scalp the Irish fans of the foreign team, which is fair enough really.

Des wrote: »
    If it's a big enough foreign team, the LoI team ususally ups prices to scalp the Irish fans of the foreign team, which is fair enough really.

I doubt Watford will be considered a big team so it should be the same price I guess.

• Advertisement

I doubt Watford will be considered a big team so it should be the same price I guess.

you'd really have to check the foras website tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Malmo and Rovers is tenner in and a fiver for kids and students. Special offer also for two adults and two kids for 20 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ok, so not foreign, but Bohemians are playing Castle Villa FC, Kildare And District Football League tomorrow, Sunday, at12.30, in Castledermot, Co.Kildare.

Should be interesting, to say the least...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Will be making my way down to Bray to see City

Could be worth your while going down to the Youths match as well if the weather is good. It's a nice little ground we have, I was standing behind the dugout when Charlton came over and it was interesting to be so close to the club in action. It was eye opening to see how much of the Charlton squad had appalling attitudes, really didn't seem like a bunch of guys who got on :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

There's only one foreign side there? The rest are all English.. OP fail, lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Eh they are foreign, as in not native teams of Ireland. You fail, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

England is foreign land, is it not?? And yes, i could have said British sides, but that wouldn't have made Malmo any more British or any less Swedish!! Or was that some sort of sarcasm?? I don't know these days!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

Some decent sides in LOI grounds, unusual!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Aquila wrote: »
    Oh will make my way down to Dundalk vs Chelsea

It'll be Chelsea reserves I'd be fairly sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

5starpool wrote: »

Think that swings it for me as a Hamburg fan. We'll probably end up panic buying someone from the Chelsea Reserves again this year. I'd like to see Piazon play too.

Dundalk could also use the tenner.

5starpool wrote: »

It even says Chelsea XI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Wonder if Chelsea will play Lucas Piazon, the guy they got from Sao Paulo he's supposed to be the next Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We played chelsea few years ago, Clifford ran the game. Decent game but we both had a player break a leg in the game :(

If anyone is interested in heading down to see this, it's €5 for under 16s and €10 for adults.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

It even says Chelsea XI

That's to avoid confusion with the Chelsea Tag Rugby or Chelsea mini-league baseball side in Manhattan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

LiamMc wrote: »
    That's to avoid confusion with the Chelsea Tag Rugby or Chelsea mini-league baseball side in Manhattan

Dundalk vs a tag rugby team, would pay to see that....

Though I'll probably make my first ever trip to Dundalk to see this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Never knew about that list of fixtures, how'd Rovers do v Malmo?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Never knew about that list of fixtures, how'd Rovers do v Malmo?

2-1 loss. Match report here: http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/74-2012-first-team-match-reports/2768-rovers-12-malmo-ff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I wonder if Bohs are gonna be playing Hibs in a friendly. I'm pretty sure there was talk of that happening when Fenlon went to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That_Guy wrote: »
    I wonder if Bohs are gonna be playing Hibs in a friendly. I'm pretty sure there was talk of that happening when Fenlon went to them.

Shels were over in Hibs pre-season for a match and training camp for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Yeah that was part of the deal. Date is yet to be finalised. I would hazard a guess and say it'll happen around mid July with Hibs beginning Spl first weekend in august!

Also heard talk of Wolves playing us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Would have thought Wexford would have a few higher profile teams over to raise a bit of cash to help out poor destitute Mick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hoping to get Derry in the cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

CSF wrote: »
    Hoping to get Derry in the cup.

Who are you hoping get Derry in the cup?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Who are you hoping get Derry in the cup?

he's shels, so probably shels

he's shels, so probably shels

Explains the "friendly" part anyway.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Explains the "friendly" part anyway.

explains the "foreign" part

Just a quick one on the Dundalk V Chelsea XI match. Meself and the family are thinking of making it up as we're largely a blue household (also Rovers so no 'barstoolers'! ;)). It says tickets are available from Oriel Park.

Do you reckon they'll actually have tickets available at the gate, or that I'd be able to reserve a family ticket over the phone? I'm about an hour's drive away, so if I can save myself a two hour round trip I will.

Cork City will play Blackburn Rovers in Turners Cross on the 12th of August.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Athlone Town v Port Vale ... Tues 24th July

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Cork City to play a Manchester United XI July 25th.

http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2012/07/06/manchester-united-headed-for-turners-cross/

Lets hope a few of them come back for more.

Longford are playing united 11 too not sure when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Bray Wanderers will play a Liverpool XI at the Carlisle Grounds, Sunday Aug 12th. Tickets are €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From @extratimenews
    Limerick FC have announced a friendly against Manchester City for August 5th at 7pm in Thomand Park.

• Advertisement

Annual Limerick vs the FAI right :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

One day after they play Wolfsburg in Germany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

geeky wrote: »
    Just a quick one on the Dundalk V Chelsea XI match. Meself and the family are thinking of making it up as we're largely a blue household (also Rovers so no 'barstoolers'! ;)). It says tickets are available from Oriel Park.

Do you reckon they'll actually have tickets available at the gate, or that I'd be able to reserve a family ticket over the phone? I'm about an hour's drive away, so if I can save myself a two hour round trip I will.

I don't think you should have any problems getting a ticket on the gate but you could ring the office if you have any concerns 0429335894

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Has this game actually been sanctioned?

*edit Twitter says FAI sanction has been given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

CiaranC wrote: »
    Has this game actually been sanctioned?

"Limerick chairman Pat O'Sullivan said: "I am very happy that such a big club as Man City has agreed to come to Limerick and I wish to thank Damien O'Brien, the FAI and Thomond Park and all at Man City for their wonderful co-operation in ensuring that this event happens."

You'd have to think so from that quote.
    http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/8493/limerick-confirm-man-city-friendly/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Bit of a last minute thing but UCD go up against Stevenage on Tuesday evening at the Bowl at 7.45.

Bray got hammered 5-1 by Wolves yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Bit of a last minute thing but UCD go up against Stevenage on Tuesday evening at the Bowl at 7.45.

The Boro beat St. James's Gate 7-0 last night.
    Rusty's Babes will have a challenge on their hands, should be a good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Bradford City up against the Youths at Ferrycarrig Park on Tuesday. These mid-season friendlies are always good craic

Advertisement