Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funniest or weirdest or most painful thing that happened to you.

• 16-06-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

This is about what the title says really.
    Mine was when I was messing with my brother getting chased by dogs.I was running and I tripped over a rock.I fell on the curb head first and split it open (My head).
    Whats your funniest or weirdest or most painful thing that ever happened you?

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This is about what the title says really.
    Mine was when I was messing with my brother getting chased by dogs.I was running and I tripped over a rock.I fell on the curb head first and split it open (My head).
    Whats your funniest or weirdest or most painful thing that ever happened you?

;)

SCHOOL HOLIDAYS ALERT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I was at my aunts once and did not realise my shoelace was undone.
    Upon reaching the top of the stairs I tripped and bounced and rolled all the way down the stairs.

There was a party going on downstairs to which I ended up flying into the middle of.

Somehow I managed not to hurt myself but the embarassment from my less than conventional entrance is still with me:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

Got thrown in a judo seminar by a black belt (I was a beginner) throw went so wrong, He yanked my arm off nearly as he threw mew and then he fell on top of me afterwards.

Injury- Dislocated collar bone. Ripped up all my muscles in my shoulder.

Instructors wouldnt take me they wanted to obviously stay and do the judo class had to get my parents to come out and pick me up to go to the hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Almost broke my back falling off a horse. That was sore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Slipped out of the missus once while she was grinding on top, momentum had her and there was no time to stop her next thrust and she near broke me lad in half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭gabsdot40

When I was about 15 I ran out into the back garden with no shoes on, tripped over a garden fork and one of the forks went under my toenail and lifted my toenail right off.
    It was absolutely the most dreadful pain I've ever experienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

gabsdot40 wrote: »
    When I was about 15 I ran out into the back garden with no shoes on, tripped over a garden fork and one of the forks went under my toenail and lifted my toenail right off.

My eyes watered reading that. Something similar happened to me but with a car door. And I was wearing shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I was decapitated while playing hide and seek but all better now:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You might want to narrow that thread title down, it's a bit broad-ranging. Or you could go the other way, open it up and just say, 'Things That Happened To You'.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭dejopadu

i can't remember, i was knocked out !!

was playing football & woke up with a broken jaw:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I was out playing hurling a few years back.
    Went to hit the slither between my legs (like a trick shot) so I jumped and belted it between my legs perfectly.

Thing is, I underestimated length of the hurl and when I started to come down from the jump, I ended up landing full force on the top of the hurl which drove itsself right into my balls. I was completely supported by the hurl for a second or two (no feet touching the ground or anything)
    I swear to god I have never been in such pain in my life....yeah, I'm fairly sure I must be infertile or something because of it...

But what I'm most pissed off about is that I missed out on a perfect YouTube moment:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

gabsdot40 wrote: »

owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Weirdest Injury;

Was about 8 and on the beach with my parents. For some reason I decided it'd be fun to hang on to my da's back pockets - till he started running - My 8year old legs couldnt keep up - I slipped - Dad, not having a clue keeps running - me dragging behind him like a rag doll.

Cue his heel coming up and catching me under the chin, snapping my jaw together and breaking my front lower tooth.

Ive had braces since to close the gap but Im still missing that tooth :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

From when I was young, I ran info a wire that was the same height as my neck at full speed I had a huge cut across my neck for weeks, looked like I had tried slit my own throat.
    another one I was going around a corner on a skateboard being pulled by a bike and went smack into a lamppost my bottom teeth went through my lip.

And a couple of weeks ago was walking across o connell bridge looking at the workers putting up the stands for the f1 thing and fell flat on my face, couldn't make a quick getaway as I really hurt my knee and could barely walk.

Oh another teenage one I was climbing over those fences that have the spikes at the top and when I went to jump down my jeans got caught on the spike and I hit the back if my head off the bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

From when I was young, I ran info a wire that was the same height as my neck at full speed I had a huge cut across my neck for weeks, looked like I had tried slit my own throat.
    another one I was going around a corner on a skateboard being pulled by a bike and went smack into a lamppost my bottom teeth went through my lip.

And a couple of weeks ago was walking across o connell bridge looking at the workers putting up the stands for the f1 thing and fell flat on my face, couldn't make a quick getaway as I really hurt my knee and could barely walk.

Oh another teenage one I was climbing over those fences that have the spikes at the top and when I went to jump down my jeans got caught on the spike and I hit the back if my head off the bars.

how the hell do you get through life unscathed?

Advertisement