Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva health insurance question

Options
  • 16-06-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Could someone explain the difference between the Avia Level 2 Excess plan and the Level 2 Excess day to day plan? I've just signed for the Level 2 Excess plan.I've never had private health insurance before but I thought it was time...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cannot really advise you as I left Aviva a year ago. Beware though that Aviva are cutting back on a whole range of benefits from tomorrow. Have a look at www.hia.ie to see details. There is also a thread here that summarises the cutbacks in detail. If I were you, and if within the cancellation "grace" period, I'd be cancelling and having a serious look at the others, particularly Laya Healthcare, as a viable alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bigsaver99

http://www.hia.ie/ci/comparison/step3?249&282/

Here is the link for aviva level 2 health excess v layas essential connect

Laya has no orthopedic restrictions and are over €100 euro cheaper,

Laya also has free heart screening on this plan and are an irish company also,

If you have only signed up you have 14 days to change your mind,

There is a lad working there called John O'Gorman in the sales team ask to speak to him tell him big saver put you onto him he will sort you out,

Big saver

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Beware Laya Healthcare no longer allow you to cancel your policy.

If you need to cancel the policy for any reason,they will charge you for the full years premium. Vhi healthcare don't even charge that amount.

They are better on the ortho but dont mind the heart screen as nearly all Aviva Health and some Vhi policies allow any health screen including heart screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

broker2008 wrote: »
    Beware Laya Healthcare no longer allow you to cancel your policy.

If you need to cancel the policy for any reason,they will charge you for the full years premium. Vhi healthcare don't even charge that amount.

They are better on the ortho but dont mind the heart screen as nearly all Aviva Health and some Vhi policies allow any health screen including heart screen.

They also charge you a 3% surcharge for paying monthly too rather than all at once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Thanks everyone for the replies.I managed to cancel my Aviva policy without any charge so happy days.Gonna spend more time deciding which is best for me (single male, no kids) over the coming month.

• Advertisement
Advertisement