Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your definition of a lightweight?

• 16-06-2012 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

How many pints would you consider someone a lightweight before gettng drunk?

Lightweight gets drunk on 41 votes

3 pints
    0% 0 votes
    4 pints
    51% 21 votes
    5 pints
    19% 8 votes
    6 pints
    14% 6 votes
    7 pints
    12% 5 votes
    8 pints
    0% 0 votes
    9 pints
    2% 1 vote
    10 pints
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Perhaps 3 for male, 2 for female, 1 for a baby.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I can just about get through 3.

I'm a lightweight :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

1/2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I know a woman and she cannot have more than two glasses of any kind of booze. She's lightweight. Extremely so.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How many pints had you before typing that garbled question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

The most I can drink is about 3 pints and that wouldn't get me drunk, just full. So any less then that are lightweights and shouldn't be allow drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Someone who needs alcohol to get through life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I think of light weights as flimsy looking lads. I wouldn't judge someone by their alcohol intake unless they kept making a show of themselves, which I have done plenty myself.
    There's nothing hard about being a fat bastard that can drink 20 pints. Boasting about that isn't a far cry from being proud of competitive eating and the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I've never understood the interest in what other people can or can't drink. "I could drink you under the table". Big deal. The same thing happens to drug addicts. They build up a tolerance so have to take more and more drugs to get high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Lightweights get drunk faster than me, alcos get drunk slower than me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

i dont drink to get drunk...i mean whats the point of having a night out if you cant remember anything the next day! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Bit of a crap topic, IMO. Some people will think of drunk as the point at which they first feel the slightest effects of drink in them. Some will find its when they can't walk properly. Some when they've done their night out puke. People have their own level of how drunk they want to get to. Sure, people go over that. Easily done. Facts like that make such topics pointless, though, IMO.

Edit: Or should that be pintless? No, ok I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

About three fiddy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Lightweights get drunk faster than me, alcos get drunk slower than me.

I'm not an alcoholic!

Alcoholics go to meetings!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pints, about 3 and I'm drunk, rarely drink beer though, craft beers are nice, the stuff they sell in big pubs like Bud, ugh, piss. I drink whiskey mostly so a good few before I get nicely drunk, less if I'm drinking it straight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

I was about to post the same as Pushtrak. It's entirely relevant to your definition of drunk.

Someone could have 3 pints and be on top form but consider themselves drunk. Whereas the next person could have 10 and still be (think) they're fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Someone who can't look at a drink again for a week after a big session the night before. ie Myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

My definition of a lightweight: Someone under 6 stone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Depends what your definition of drunk is though.I don't consider myself drunk until I know what I'm trying to say in my head,but I can't get the words out of my mouth in the proper order.That takes about 10-12 pints or 5 or 6 double Jameson's.

Some of my mates consider being drunk as being slightly tipsy,which takes them 3 or 4 pints.Wouldn't consider them lightweights though,they just drink less then me so get drunk quicker.Plus their livers win in the end!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Anyone who'd be noticeably drunk before 6/7 pints

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Depends on how fast you drink also. I'm a very fast drinker, I dont know why but once I get some alcohol into my system I just want more and faster.

If you down 3 pints in 40 minutes, you will definitely feel it. And on the other side having 6-7 pints in 6 hours or so. I wouldnt expect a big drinker to be passed out or absolutely hammered after that.

That wouldnt be for me at all, thats why drinking in daytime never ends well for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭someuser905

everyone gets a little drunk after 1 drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

I find its based entirely on what Ive eaten that day, if I havnt had much Ill feel the first drink (which is why I always make sure to eat properly), otherwise it'll start to kick in properly around the third.

I do know one girl who gets messy on one pint, shes quite small though.

Advertisement