Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman Sweeden

Options
  • 16-06-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Hi

Just saw this race on the Ironman website.

I am wondering if anyone has signed up to do this race in August. It's in Kamlar which is about 190km south of Stockholm.

I would be interested in doing this next year. The bike seems to be quite flat. No indication of the gradients of the run. I suppose that weather wise it seems to be fairly cool that time of year. I suppose 15-19 degrees.

Looking online it seems that you would need to fly into Stockholm and hire a car down.

If anyone has signed up for this year, how are they getting there. Is there a lot of planning involved?

Thanks

Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

micar wrote: »
    Hi

Just saw this race on the Ironman website.

I am wondering if anyone has signed up to do this race in August. It's in Kamlar which is about 190km south of Stockholm.

I would be interested in doing this next year. The bike seems to be quite flat. No indication of the gradients of the run. I suppose that weather wise it seems to be fairly cool that time of year. I suppose 15-19 degrees.

Looking online it seems that you would need to fly into Stockholm and hire a car down.

If anyone has signed up for this year, how are they getting there. Is there a lot of planning involved?

Thanks

Michael

Thinking about it as an option for next year.
    Was more thinking of flying into Copenhagen and train direct to Kalmar.
    Reckon the weather is more like low 20s.
    Was gonna wait for reviews of the 1st Ironman event to see how it went.
    Sea temp also look nice and balmy at 17C for that time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 tripledaz

Yep was looking at this for next year also, wanted to see what the reviews were after this year. They give very little info on how to travel etc, so not sure what the best option would be. But course seems flat so thats what appeals to me.

Advertisement