Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Music Exam

Options
  • 16-06-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

sorry if there already is a thread about music I can't find one. does anyone here do music? Do you have any ppredictions about what is to come up?

A lot of people think that Carmina Burana is coming up.I hope it does its the easiest one!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

I hope Carmina Burana comes up too.

At least I should get full marks in the Irish music section. :D

I really don't like the general study section, even though it's really simple to learn for.... I just don't like it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Any ideas what will come up in Irish Music (D) - the part with the essay?
    I hope the Belfast Harp Featival comes up that's the easiest thing to write about. If they ask anything on the insturments I'm screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Can anyone please tell me what key you're in if you have one flat, one sharp, two flats and two sharps. I completely forgot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

Troxck wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me what key you're in if you have one flat, one sharp, two flats and two sharps. I completely forgot!
    1f is F
    2f is b flat major
    1s is g
    2s is d

Lor1963 wrote: »
    1f is F
    2f is b flat major
    1s is g
    2s is d

Thanks a million, feel so stupid asking!

• Advertisement

1f is F
    2f is b flat major
    1s is g
    2s is d

Thanks a million, feel so stupid asking!

No problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TheRandomStuff

Bballgirl wrote: »
    sorry if there already is a thread about music I can't find one. does anyone here do music? Do you have any ppredictions about what is to come up?

A lot of people think that Carmina Burana is coming up.I hope it does its the easiest one!:D

I'm not too sure that Carmina Burana will come up as that came up in my mock paper.. I don't know

I'm not too sure that Carmina Burana will come up as that came up in my mock paper.. I don't know

Mock papers mean nothing, different companies predict different things. They're just in it for the money, for the most art. Just study all three works

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭CBLFC96

Im really freaking out about this... Any last minute tips on what I should concentrate studying on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TheRandomStuff

Mock papers mean nothing, different companies predict different things. They're just in it for the money, for the most art. Just study all three works

I beg to differ. There are only so many questions you can ask on the same work, and i highly doubt that some of the mock paper questions will appear in the real thing..

• Advertisement

I beg to differ. There are only so many questions you can ask on the same work, and i highly doubt that some of the mock paper questions will appear in the real thing..

I agree with you but just because it came up in your mocks doesn't mean it won't come up in the real exam. The SEC have nothing to do with any Mock Paper companies. It's better to be safe than sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 RoryHughes

I agree with you but just because it came up in your mocks doesn't mean it won't come up in the real exam. The SEC have nothing to do with any Mock Paper companies. It's better to be safe than sorry.

The junior cert papers are made in the autumn/winter of the previous year. They don't change them if the mocks are similar. A comprehension on Justin Bieber came up in the Irish mock and the real thing with some questions identical...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

paper was fine. Section 2 composition was easy however listening was quite challenging compared to other years. Irish music was grand and the so was the choice works question.

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    paper was fine. Section 2 composition was easy however listening was quite challenging compared to other years. Irish music was grand and the so was the choice works question.

I agree, some of the listening was difficult but manageable. A fair paper I think.

What was the first set song?

What was the first set song?

Kalinka

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

Wasn't too bad. Questions 5 was easier than I thought it'd be.

I didnt get what opera Spring was from though...

Was it only our CD or did every CD in the country have a piece of "classical" music before the test started? It lasted about 5 minutes and our class was really confused, we thought it was a set song! Part D was Song 2 I think??

OwlYouNeed wrote: »

It is from Ottene (or however you spell it.)

I said carmen. I think my teacher said something about a Carmen in class... Possibly wrong

• Advertisement

Ottone .... What was the first set song and where was it from?

KALINKA, from RUSSIA

KALINKA, from RUSSIA
    Didn't sound like it!

Didn't sound like it!

Well I could be wrong but it sounded a lot like it.

It was definitely Kalinka.

Sounded like an orchestral piece to me

Yah an orchestral piece was played at the start but then it said "Excerpt One For The First Time" and played Kalinka. We never studied that orchestra piece at the start.

• Advertisement

Yah an orchestral piece was played at the start but then it said "Excerpt One For The First Time" and played Kalinka. We never studied that orchestra piece at the start.

Yeah, that's just played to make sure we can hear the CD properly.

Advertisement