Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Music Exam

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

Troxck wrote: »
    Yah an orchestral piece was played at the start but then it said "Excerpt One For The First Time" and played Kalinka. We never studied that orchestra piece at the start.

Yeah, that's just played to make sure we can hear the CD properly.

Our examiner only played the orchestra thing then she switched cds and went straight to excerpt 2 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Lor1963 wrote: »
    Our examiner only played the orchestra thing then she switched cds and went straight to excerpt 2 :(

Seriously? That's ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

What pieces of music came up in question 5 does anyone remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sunshine547

it was alright :)
    im happy it's all over now ha no more worrying
    I think I have a B, I only really studied everything the before the exam which was Tuesday lol. :P

Yup,I'm serious

• Advertisement

Yup,I'm serious

I honestly don't know what to tell you but Spurious may know what to do in a case like this? That's really unfair on you and your class

Yup,I'm serious

I honestly don't know what to tell you but Spurious may know what to do in a case like this? That's really unfair on you and your class

It's grand and there's no point giving out about it because it was an accident and sure it's done now :)

It's grand and there's no point giving out about it because it was an accident and sure it's done now :)

It was an accident. At least it wasn't your Leaving Cert! You did your best in the rest of the sections so they hopefully accounted for something. Did you answer any question in that section?

It was an accident. At least it wasn't your Leaving Cert! You did your best in the rest of the sections so they hopefully accounted for something. Did you answer any question in that section?

I attempted them.....I didn't realise it was a sample.that was played.at the start and.answered on that :)

I attempted them.....I didn't realise it was a sample.that was played.at the start and.answered on that :)

Well, as long as you attempted them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

In one way that's an admirable way to look at it, but it was definitely a serious error.
    The instructions to Superintendents are moronically detailed, exactly to avoid mistakes such as you describe. Yours either chose not to read and follow them and/or is incredibly slack.

Did you tell your Music teacher about it?

The examiner correcting your centre will notice that no-one from your centre attempted to identify the first piece, or gave strange guesses at the name of the orchestral piece.

I would report it, even at this stage, to both your Music teacher and your school Examinations Secretary (the teacher in every day running the exams).

spurious wrote: »

In one way that's an admirable way to look at it, but it was definitely a serious error.
    The instructions to Superintendents are moronically detailed, exactly to avoid mistakes such as you describe. Yours either chose not to read and follow them and/or is incredibly slack.

Did you tell your Music teacher about it?

The examiner correcting your centre will notice that no-one from your centre attempted to identify the first piece, or gave strange guesses at the name of the orchestral piece.

I would report it, even at this stage, to both your Music teacher and your school Examinations Secretary (the teacher in every day running the exams).

Thanks for that at least it wasn't the LC :) I really think she didn't notice. I think she thought the orchestral piece was the first track then the cd stopped working and.when she switched cds she went straight to track two :) I suppose there's no point giving put at this stage and at least it.wasn't a huge question .....It was only worth about 2% of the whole exam :)

Advertisement