Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB Broadband - Very slow speeds

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

DRose1 wrote: »
    Hi Ant,

As of Friday, the phone line is back working. Disgraceful how long we had to wait.

As for the broadband, I am getting the following:

ADSL
    Type Interleave Path
    Status Show Time
    Downstream Upstream
    Data Rate (kbps) 1952 384
    Noise Margin (dB) 6.5 22.0
    Attenuation (dB) 51.2 30.0
    Output power(dbm) 19.1 11.9

Not the lowest it has been, but still nowhere near what we should be getting. See post number 20 in this thread for what our line is capable of if everything is working correctly:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79688535&postcount=20

I got a phone call from broadband support a few minutes ago and he arranged an engineer visit for Wednesday. However, I fear this is just going to be a waste of time if we get the same 'engineer' that we have been dealing with. He quite literally has no clue about broadband and looks at me as if I have two heads when I mention things like noise margin etc. He also insinuates that I am lying about the speeds we used to be getting on the line; strange stance to take that; what exactly do I have to benefit from taking time off from work to continuously deal with Eircom engineers?

I requested a different engineer on the phone, but the guy said he has no control over it...

Thanks DRose1,

I see that an onsite appointment has been made for Wednesday 1st August. I appreciate what you say and your help in resolving this issue.

I'm not sure what local engineer will be sent to resolve this issue. This is to do with works management and the manager their will assign the engineer(s) for each individual case. The fact that your broadband is showing low attainable rates, it should be dealt with by a broadband or network engineer. However, who ever is sent out, they can call on further support and broadband sources if necessary.

It is therefore best to wait until the engineer(s) has completed works on your phoneline /broadband.

If you need an update during this time you can check this on the 'My eircom' facility :

'My eircom' - Help & Support, Check BB Usage, See current products -View or Pay your bill online - bit.ly/myeircom - 'My eircom'

Alternatively, you can also check for updates with Broadband Support :

Broadband Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 8am - 10pm (7 days).

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement