Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Facto Visa and College Fees

Options
  • 16-06-2012 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I've been on these forums quite regularly over the past few months reading the helpful contributions on de facto visa applications etc., and I'm happy to say that myself and my partner finally submitted our de facto application a few weeks ago, after a lot of preparation, so we're just waiting to hear back now. :)

I'm wondering if someone has any advice on a related issue. We have been together for almost 3 years and for the past two years my partner has been paying international student fees to attend college here for the past two years, as well as working night shifts etc. to meet the fees which are really crippling if I'm to be honest.

I'm wondering if we are hopefully successful with our application, would this have any impact on college fees - in that, would my partner be then liable for Irish fees, or EU fees, or am I wishful thinking?

I'd really appreciate any advice here

Thanks

Tommy

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sotommy

Thanks Spear - I've moved the thread to 'College' but can't seem to delete this thread here... it's the first time that I've used boards and can't find the delete option :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

sotommy wrote: »
    Thanks Spear - I've moved the thread to 'College' but can't seem to delete this thread here... it's the first time that I've used boards and can't find the delete option :rolleyes:

Check point 4 on here for that:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056232089

Advertisement