Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a phone

Options
  • 16-06-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Can i negotiate a price drop when buying a phone for €600 in the meteor store or will i just look like a fool!?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

the prices are set prices but try it if you think it will work :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

That's a lot of money, is it a subsidised (network locked) model? If it's not subsidised then you are buying SIMM-free and should shop around because you can buy anywhere, check out prices on expansys, Amazon etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

deisecelt wrote: »
    Can i negotiate a price drop when buying a phone for €600 in the meteor store or will i just look like a fool!?
    Well you have two choices.

1. Try and haggle in meteor, and look like a fool.

2. Pay €600 for a phone, and be a fool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

fair enough try it i know i should have for my last phone,it cost me 500 euros :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

What phone is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What phone indeed! €600 for this one; €500 for the last one.

Sorry, but more money than sense! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

What phone indeed! €600 for this one; €500 for the last one.

Sorry, but more money than sense! :rolleyes:

Loads of people pay that kind of money for phones these days, some pay upfront and have no debt, some sign up to a 2yr contract and pay off their debt along with the phone service being provided to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Well you have two choices.

1. Try and haggle in meteor, and look like a fool.

2. Pay €600 for a phone, and be a fool.

In fairness its usually tough to get money taken off, but its usually quite easy to get some stuff thrown in, e.g. Phone cover, screen cover, car charger.

Mainly because the margins on the phones are so tight and the margins on the accessories are so high

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 252 ✭✭viclemronny

If you're an existing customer, ask to be put through to the retentions department. I did and I got a bit of a better deal. It's about the only way to get a reduction as they are the people with the discretion to alter standard deals. I was dealing with meteor as well.

Advertisement