Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Spotting scope

Options
  • 16-06-2012 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

So these have come back up for sale ( link ), So my question is,are they any good (with a note on the cost !) ?
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slingshot88

got one of those in lidl i use it for when im zeroing the rifle, dont be expecting the clarity of a zeiss but for the money you cant go wrong iv shown it to a few people and they were fairly impressed with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Better than bare eyes for that price, not everyone has big money to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

The quality of these units varies from one to the next.

I have one and it's quite usable, nowhere near top end glass but not disgraceful either.

Brother has one too but he says it's sh1te compared to mine. If you're thinking of getting one, take it out of the box in store (if you'll get away with it) and make sure you're happy with it before you pay up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

I have one as well.....mostly used when zeroing the rifle.

Clarity of glass is very acceptable, especially considering the price.....you'll see the bullet holes no problem.

The unit itself feels fairly robust & does the job......accurate adjustments and feels solid.

The tripod is fair flimsy but for the price what can you expect?

For anybody who only needs a spotting scope on the odd few occasions during the year I don't think you can go wrong with it....not a lot of money tied up, lying idle for most of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I use one too, herself has an expensive one and I find the Aldi one clearer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Saddlebags

Had one but gave it back......couldn't focus on max mag so was worthless to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MacsuibhneR

Got one of these today, thought it worth a chance given the handy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

Picked one up this morn. Very happy indeed. Good light transmission even at full and focuses very well, must have got one of the good ones! :) worth the risk for little money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

So got one this morning , very happy with it so far
    Tanks for all the feed back ,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Stevegeraghty

Got one myself, happy out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

Picked one up yesterday and found it grand. Good clear glass sturdy, Hope to try it out properly today.

Advertisement