Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from animals and pets

Options
  • 16-06-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Came under fire in this thread from people whose opinions differed to mine. Is ok for them to dish it..but not ok for me to respond. Even the mod started getting snotty and giving their opinion, even when they weren't asked. Place is full of know alls!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi EURATS,

Can you post up the relevant links please. The thread you were banned from etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

Hi EURATS,

Can you post up the relevant links please. The thread you were banned from etc.

Am locked out. Adrenalinejunkie banned me for two weeks. Thread was my child was attacked by a German shepherd.

EURATS wrote: »
    Hi EURATS,

Can you post up the relevant links please. The thread you were banned from etc.[/

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056671298?page=7#post_79240563

As I said, if u keep an animal that is on the dangerous breeds list in the house, and a problem occurs, it's ur own fault..not the dog. GS are supposed to be muzzled in public...there's a reason for that!! They belong outside. 

Tried to post this but not allowed. Is what I was trying to say really

Thanks EURATS,

Give me a short while to read over the relevant material and I'll be back to you.

Thanks EURATS,

Give me a short while to read over the relevant material and I'll be back to you.

Thanks Micky.

• Advertisement

Hi EURATS,

Ok, I've had a right good look at this. In the interest of disclosure I requested all PM contact between yourself and the banning mod.

I'd like to start from the start. Your first post were grand, you gave an opinion from your perspective and did so in a constructive enough manner.

When your opinion was disagreed with, you continued to push your point, racking up a warning and an infraction in the meantime. This is when you should have gracefully pulled out of the thread. I know this is easier said then done, but I'd like to address that later.

You continued to argue about it and in fairness were giving some odd examples, EG, boxers being in the Olympics or if a breed of dog was best suited to security or herding, or being indoor or outdoor.

None of this was relevant to the subject matter and every single post, after your first post was off topic. Yet you continued. Now we come to the crux of the problem. A mod give you a very clear and poster specific warning. You replied to this warning with:
    I hope ur as smart..and sharp with the other off topic posters. Wibbs included. Ur actually off topic urself!!!

No matter where you post in boards, questioning a mod instruction on thread is an actionable offence. Of course you can question any and all mod direction, but you do so via pm.

With that post, you broke two very key rules, you questioned a mod instruction on thread and continued to post in an off topic manner.

Your PM exchange with the mod in question clearly illustrates your frustration . This leads me on to my nearly final point.

Things can get heated in a discussion and posters can annoy the hell out of each other. My advice is, if you feel like it's getting to you, step away from the PC and do anything else.And always treat other posters inc mods with respect and you'll be treated in kind. You'll enjoy your time here more and probably not rack up bans and cards.

With regard to your ban and this DRP, You were given every chance on that thread and ignored them, yellow card, red card, a couple of on thread clear concise directions, all ignored. Questioning a mod on thread.

You have effectively tied my hands here. In this case I have to agree with the moderator and appropriate action was taken.

Hi EURATS,

Ok, I've had a right good look at this. In the interest of disclosure I requested all PM contact between yourself and the banning mod.

I'd like to start from the start. Your first post were grand, you gave an opinion from your perspective and did so in a constructive enough manner.

When your opinion was disagreed with, you continued to push your point, racking up a warning and an infraction in the meantime. This is when you should have gracefully pulled out of the thread. I know this is easier said then done, but I'd like to address that later.

You continued to argue about it and in fairness were giving some odd examples, EG, boxers being in the Olympics or if a breed of dog was best suited to security or herding, or being indoor or outdoor.

None of this was relevant to the subject matter and every single post, after your first post was off topic. Yet you continued. Now we come to the crux of the problem. A mod give you a very clear and poster specific warning. You replied to this warning with:
    I hope ur as smart..and sharp with the other off topic posters. Wibbs included. Ur actually off topic urself!!!

No matter where you post in boards, questioning a mod instruction on thread is an actionable offence. Of course you can question any and all mod direction, but you do so via pm.

With that post, you broke two very key rules, you questioned a mod instruction on thread and continued to post in an off topic manner.

Your PM exchange with the mod in question clearly illustrates your frustration . This leads me on to my nearly final point.

Things can get heated in a discussion and posters can annoy the hell out of each other. My advice is, if you feel like it's getting to you, step away from the PC and do anything else.And always treat other posters inc mods with respect and you'll be treated in kind. You'll enjoy your time here more and probably not rack up bans and cards.

With regard to your ban and this DRP, You were given every chance on that thread and ignored them, yellow card, red card, a couple of on thread clear concise directions, all ignored. Questioning a mod on thread.

You have effectively tied my hands here. In this case I have to agree with the moderator and appropriate action was taken.

Am not surprised that took a fair bit of time Micky. U put a fair bit of work into it. Have to give u my thumbs up there.

Wasn't aware of the questioning the mod on thread bit. I think I only posted once after that before getting the boot. The mod acted very badly by gloating on my ban. To be honest..I really don't care that much about being banned from animals and pets section. Is just the principle of it.

The boxers in the Olympics bit was in response to German shepherds playing the banjo(a comment by another poster).

I think ur making the wrong decision, that mod behaved like a child with his gloating. Deserves reprimand without doubt.

Anyway, thanks for ur effort..am just a bit disappointed with ur findings.

EURATS

Am not surprised that took a fair bit of time Micky. U put a fair bit of work into it. Have to give u my thumbs up there.

Hi EURATS,

Thank you. Everybody makes mistakes and DRP is something we take seriously. If a poster was wronged, we endure to correct that wrong.

Wasn't aware of the questioning the mod on thread bit. I think I only posted once after that before getting the boot.

Thats the thing though, in that one post you broke two rules. Questioning a mod on thread, is in every charter of every forum on boards.As I said earlier, we can all be questioned but by PM as questioning a mod instruction only further derails a thread.
    The mod acted very badly by gloating on my ban.

I am certain the mod wasn't gloating and I can ensure you that there was no personal intent.
    I think ur making the wrong decision, that mod behaved like a child with his gloating. Deserves reprimand without doubt.

I believe the mod made the right decision on the information that I have seen.

If you take anything form this, please let it be this, Don't allow yourself to get annoyed.Put things in prespective. If you can do that, we won't be talking here again.
    To be honest, I really don't care that much about being banned from animals and pets section. Is just the principle of it.

So you are willing to have this marked as resolved?

Micky

Hi EURATS,

Thank you. Everybody makes mistakes and DRP is something we take seriously. If a poster was wronged, we endure to correct that wrong.

Wasn't aware of the questioning the mod on thread bit. I think I only posted once after that before getting the boot.

Thats the thing though, in that one post you broke two rules. Questioning a mod on thread, is in every charter of every forum on boards.As I said earlier, we can all be questioned but by PM as questioning a mod instruction only further derails a thread.
    The mod acted very badly by gloating on my ban.

I am certain the mod wasn't gloating and I can ensure you that there was no personal intent.

I believe the mod made the right decision on the information that I have seen.

If you take anything form this, please let it be this, Don't allow yourself to get annoyed.Put things in prespective. If you can do that, we won't be talking here again.
    To be honest, I really don't care that much about being banned from animals and pets section. Is just the principle of it.

So you are willing to have this marked as resolved?

Micky

I think ur reading it wrong Micky. I wasn't the one that got annoyed/upset in the thread. It was the other sensitive souls that sleep with their dogs who couldn't cope with me saying I didn't agree with GS dogs being indoors. They lit on me like flies on sh1te.
    The mod telling me ....goodbye...see u in 2 weeks...was giving me the fingers. No other way of putting it.

Anyway, as I said, really don't care about animals and pets corner. But Mods really do get away with all sorts on this site. Have seen it many times at this stage. You would be on the reasonably reasonable side of things.

Aside from me questioning the mod, I was no more off topic than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

User hasn't requested admin review (though on initial overview, I'd more than likely uphold the original decision).

OP, please reread what Micky Dolenz posted above, it's very good advice that is very relevant to you.

Resolved.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement