Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan/Vegetarian doctors in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-06-2012 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Anyone know of any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 yashik

yup...

quite a few, actually...

• Site Banned Posts: 385 ✭✭pontia

what does that mean ? vegan doctors or doctors who treat vegans ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 joezie

yes, i know some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

pontia wrote: »
    what does that mean ? vegan doctors or doctors who treat vegans ?
    Seems to me like some vegan looking for a vegan doctor to treat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Seems to me like some vegan looking for a vegan doctor to treat them.

Can anyone elucidate please? Is this for spiritual reasons? I'm a vegan and I don't follow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Can anyone elucidate please? Is this for spiritual reasons? I'm a vegan and I don't follow.

A guess might be they want to say they are vegan and dont want the doctor to automatically dismiss things due to this, blaming the veganism for the ailment in some manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

A guess might be they want to say they are vegan and dont want the doctor to automatically dismiss things due to this, blaming the veganism for the ailment in some manner.

That's fair enough. But hopefully most people at this stage can stand up to their doctors and ask them for options so that they can make choices. The days are long gone when you just accept one doctor's opinion. I find most GPs well behind on cutting edge research. e.g. 90+% of chronic sinusitis is due to fungal infection, not bacterial, according to the Mayo Clinic. I'm not cowed by my doctor's opinions; I don't think others should be either. But clearly a vegan doctor in this scenario is better again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Then again, finding out a doctor is veg*n is probably only through word of mouth, be it by another veg*n patient referral, or by the doctor saying so. A doctor would be entitled the same privacy rights as most of us have already, so it may prove tricky to find one.

Advertisement