Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2012: Spanish

Options
  • 16-06-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭

Spanish (HL/OL)
    Tuesday, June 19th
    9.30am - 12.00pm

All discussion and questions about Junior Cert Spanish (HL/OL) goes here.

Best of wishes to everyone and best of luck!

P.S. Wasn't sure if anyone on this forum was taking Spanish this year, but just in case.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What should I be studying for this?

I haven't studied all year bar mocks and I got around 48%. My last subject for the junior cert and my worst by far!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sophieee

haven't studied yet...****te

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sara16

it's tomorrow and i havent started studying :confused:
    and got 51% in my mocks so i think im fu**ed for this..

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭nickys

sara16 wrote: »
    My daughter said it was doable oberall but pars were very hard

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

How did you get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 harich56

Listening was not too hard but the reading comprehension was pretty hard! the sentences were pretty challenging. i couldn't get a couple words. The letter wasn't to hard. All in all an okay paper there have been easier papers. Was hoping for an A but i most probably got a B.

i found the listening to be alright but the comprehensions were.. well.. they went bad! :eek: i was just doing some guess work on them really..
    and the sentences from the written part were just left blank because i couldn't remember simple things like 'i'm happy' :D thought the letter wasn't hard i still didn't do as well i thought i would you know.. i learnt off some sentences which were no use in the exam but ah well.. we'll see in September :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Galway

i found the listening to be alright but the comprehensions were.. well.. they went bad! :eek: i was just doing some guess work on them really..
    and the sentences from the written part were just left blank because i couldn't remember simple things like 'i'm happy' :D thought the letter wasn't hard i still didn't do as well i thought i would you know.. i learnt off some sentences which were no use in the exam but ah well.. we'll see in September :)

The inclusion of the word 'Rebeca' was definitely unfair - how many knew this I wonder? I certainly did not until I spent time after my degree in Spain! 'Oveja' also probably eluded a good few, not an odd word - but not used much in everyday teenage conversations, I'd imagine. Also, in the listening the speakers need to be clear and have standard received pronunciation accents - not regional accents at JC level. Let's hope the marking is adjusted once exams start to be marked, some clear A grade students could miss out by the inclusion of some lesser used words, this only benefits native speakers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

Thankfully i went over clothes the night before and knew rebeca was cardigan,ye iam hoping for an a but the comprehensions will proply bring my grade down :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kmgirl

I was happy enough with the listening comprehensions!. However then came the reading comprehensions which I thought were quite tough, harder than other years tbh..And was an extra comprehension added into section.C or am I imagining things?

• Advertisement

Kmgirl wrote: »
    I was happy enough with the listening comprehensions!. However then came the reading comprehensions which I thought were quite tough, harder than other years tbh..And was an extra comprehension added into section.C or am I imagining things?

The MS will have to be adjusted to reflect the toughness of the RCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

How can they change the marking scheme,since the reading comprehensions are always 100marks :S

i agree with you Galway! i actuallly couldn't get half the words on some parts of the listening even though i was up the front.. and my reading section a or 1 or whatever it is was actually so bad that if i got 2 marks out of it i'll be happy :D we'll see how it was in september anyways

i agree with you Galway! i actuallly couldn't get half the words on some parts of the listening even though i was up the front.. and my reading section a or 1 or whatever it is was actually so bad that if i got 2 marks out of it i'll be happy :D we'll see how it was in september anyways

A relation of mine did the exam and has done an exchange last summer in Spain, he was used to hearing Spanish and said he couldnt make everything out!!! The MS IS adjusted almost every year for the distribution of marks within an entire question and what is acceptable to get these marks, so if an exam is tougher and produces worse results than previous years the MS has to be adjusted after a few exams are marked to try to make sure you dont get a loads of E grades and not enough As.

yeah i hope they change the marking scheme because some of the listening was hard to mkae out what they're saying .. and that's interesting.. ohh and that's because all grades for that year have to fit in the curve or something don't they?

yeah i hope they change the marking scheme because some of the listening was hard to mkae out what they're saying .. and that's interesting.. ohh and that's because all grades for that year have to fit in the curve or something don't they?

They most certainly do. So you can't have a year with virtually no As and loads of Es.

Advertisement