Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the most Petrol you've 'Stolen'

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,276 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

My mam was filling the car up the other day and put €40.00 worth in. Went up to the counter to pay and the guy goes -

'That'll be €67.00 please'

The feckin eejit had been looking at the wrong dial on the pump.

Well that's her story, I'd rather think she was trying to steal €17.00 worth of petrol. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Duiske wrote: »
    Stopped at a filling station in New Ross today and noticed they have an automated recording that says "Any petrol or diesel ?" every time the till is opened.

That would get very annoying for the staff.

I've only once driven off and for to fill up. Went back the next day and paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

I typically pay by credit card but if I pay by cash and I go a cent or two over then I'll hand that it with the notes.
    They're doing me a favour.
    It's hard to get rid of 1 and 2 cent coins.
    They seem to remain in the ashtray forever.

FFS, if you filled up twice a week and scammed 2 cent a go you'd manage to rake in a cool €1 a year from your nefarious activities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I typically pay by credit card but if I pay by cash and I go a cent or two over then I'll hand that it with the notes.

FFS, if you filled up twice a week and scammed 2 cent a go you'd manage to rake in a cool €1 a year from your nefarious activities.

But over 10,000 years or so there is savings to be made. Can get that deposit for a house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

How hard is throwing them in the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Peetrik wrote: »
    Carrying €50 worth of petrol? Rookie mistake. Wait untill you've stripped out the heavy carpet and excess seats, then'll you'll really see some weight-milage savings.

switch to a horse and sulky and save a fortune.... just leave the horse to refuel on your neighbour's lawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,874 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

o1s1n wrote: »
    My mam was filling the car up the other day and put €40.00 worth in. Went up to the counter to pay and the guy goes -

'That'll be €67.00 please'

The feckin eejit had been looking at the wrong dial on the pump.

Well that's her story, I'd rather think she was trying to steal €17.00 worth of petrol. :pac:

€40 + €17 = €67???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

mfceiling wrote: »
    €40 + €17 = €67???????

ah leave him alone... maths was never his strong point at school :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

What about poorly calibrated pumps? I highly doubt they all distribute the exact amount of fuel, very possible that punters get scammed out of 1c or 2c in some places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

my girlfriend was filling her car once and as she took the pump out someone startled her by asking for the time, pump gets thrown upwards, soaks girlfriend and stranger in petrol. ha.

Advertisement