Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Cert Irish OL Corrections

• 16-06-2012 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,

I got a phone call today asking me to attend the Junior Cert Irish conference on the 29th of June as a reserve, I was in the gym at the time so I wasn't really thinking straight and forgot to ask any questions! I have never corrected before so I have a few questions if any of you can answer any of them it would be great....

1. Is JC Irish a one or a two day conference?
    2. Do you get expenses and for what? travel, accomation and food?
    3. As a reserve, what are my chances of actually correcting exams and will i do the same as others at the conference?
    4. Am I right with the date, time and place 29th of June at 9.15 am in the Hodson Bay Hotel as I said I was in the gym and so I couldn't really hear her!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You'd really be best off ringing Athlone on Monday and getting answers to all your questions.

With the best will in the world, no-one here knows how likely you are to be called as a reserve. That will depend on who shows up on the 29th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

I can answer some of your questions! It's a 1 day conference. You can claim an overnight for the night before the conference if you live more than 50km from Athlone. Your subsistence allowance will depend on how long you are away from home, you will fill in on your expenses form what time you leave home at, and what time you return at, and expenses will be worked out accordingly.

Hard to tell what your chances are of being called to mark, there are often people who get sick in the days before the conference, or who don't turn up on the day, or who skip off after the conference without collecting their bags! but I think that's less common in the past few years than it was before the recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paddy.81

It's on Thursday 28th. Hodson Bay. 9:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭NoelleTh

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hor

Hi all, I got the same call today to correct ordinary level Irish for Junior Cert. Never said anything to me about being a reserve so I'm just presuming I'm correcting. I have never corrected either before. Does anyone know how long the conference lasts and what does the day entail? Will we just be given sample papers to correct? Also are we divided into levels or are both Higher and Ordinary or just all together?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Boober Fraggle

hor, on the day, you will be going through the marking scheme, and marking sample papers in order to set the standard of marking. The marking of these samples will be discussed to make sure everyone understands why one answer gets the marks and another doesn't.

Higher and ordinary are separate exams, so examiners are separated accordingly.

Advertisement