Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Vodafone....

• 16-06-2012 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

......you so crazy.

Dogsitting down the parents house for a few days. Brought my rig down (Screw laptops :P) Hooked directly into the router

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2011001375.png

I have 100mb UPC in my own house. It is actually causing me physical pain to use this. 7mb connection my arse!

Oh Vodafone.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Arcto wrote: »
    ......you so crazy.

Dogsitting down the parents house for a few days. Brought my rig down (Screw laptops :P) Hooked directly into the router

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2011001375.png

I have 100mb UPC in my own house. It is actually causing me physical pain to use this. 7mb connection my arse!

Oh Vodafone.......

Thats a line issue, or internal>

Id check your setup first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

I doubt it is internal as it was fine the last time I checked it....if you call 4mb fine :P

Probably vodafone being vodafone. I will give them a ring tomorrow for the laugh. I know what they are going to say already though.

me: Blah blah connected through a 30 foot cat cable
    Tech: There is your problem
    me: Works fine on the same setup with UPC
    Tech: No, that's definitely the problem.
    me: sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Nah, you'll be told to reset your modem first.

I doubt it is internal as it was fine the last time I checked it....if you call 4mb fine :P

Probably vodafone being vodafone. I will give them a ring tomorrow for the laugh. I know what they are going to say already though.

Havent I heard that before... "it was fine the last time I checked it" ;)

Trust me, 9 of out 10 its internal. And it wouldnt be Vodafone being Vodafone, more like Eircoms line, easy fix if it is though, all they need to do is run a couple of tests

Check your internal setup before you ring them though... it will save you some time

me: Blah blah connected through a 30 foot cat cable
    Tech: There is your problem
    me: Works fine on the same setup with UPC
    Tech: No, that's definitely the problem.
    me: sigh

The telephone extensions are not the same as UPCs, an extension socket can easily effect your bb speed

Follow my advice, even if you suspect is not internal, remove everything and connect the modem straight into the socket (main socket) without any extension cables, check the sync speeds and if it stillt he same then ring them

• Advertisement
Advertisement