Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How are you spending your Saturday Night?

• 16-06-2012 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭

It's a litre of The Captain and six cans of Karpackie for me tonight , a friend is home from the states for the weekend.

all going to plan we'll take in the soccer, the clubs, and then the boxing tonight.

What about you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

insanity50 wrote: »
    What about you?

I'm going to follow you and rob your wallet after your friend The Captain is finished. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'll be doing much the same. 8 Heiniken for a 10euro and maybe a shoulder of smirnoff to compliment it.
    Won't drink it all by 1130, then it's off into town.
    Probably nobody will be ready to leave until after 12 as usual even though we'll agree to leave just after 11:D
    Same every week isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

Currently drinking a can of polish beer, listening to the new Gaz Coombes album, while my brother plays BF3 ... it's the simple things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

tigger123 wrote: »
    Currently drinking a can of polish beer, listening to the new Gaz Coombes album, while my brother plays BF3 ... it's the simple things.

Will he not give you a go? The pr*ck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I'm going to watch the football and cry. I started a new job and moved to Dublin this week so I have very little money. I also found out that I won't get my first paycheck until the end of July. Added to that is my birthday next week, I'll be too broke to afford a mars bar let alone 8 cans of Bavaria to cheer me up.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Just settling down to watch the football, then it'll be a movie with herself and then all going to plan maybe a bit of hanky panky!!
    *just cursed it, it'll never happen now*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Probably hit town.

New York town.

Probably do the same for the next 7 weeks, having been here 3 already.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Probably hit town.

New York town.

Probably do the same for the next 7 weeks, having been here 3 already.
    little bit jealous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Heading out to a mates bday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Stupid monthly pay means I'm broke as a joke until end of month. TV and writing reports to look forward to for the evening:(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Gonna be on this for the night, Staying over at my son's, His mum can have a night out. My son's lil' brother is a livewire so it'll be an entertaining night.

I'm available to rent tonight for a night out by the way. 30e for the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I plan on a walk and reading. I wouldn't mind a bit of a do. I haven't been out in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Cheaper than a whoore I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

And what would the lucky purchaser be getting for their 30 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭gara

It's a litre of The Captain and six cans of Karpackie for me tonight, all going to plan we'll take in the clubs
    I'll be doing much the same. 8 Heiniken for a 10euro and maybe a shoulder of smirnoff to compliment it.
    Won't drink it all by 1130, then it's off into town

Guys don't go home wondering why you didn't score if you're arriving with half a brewery inside of you. It's probably less to do with Irish women and more to do with you not being able to stand up unaided

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Staying in watching ****e telly.

I envy you all.
    (except the ones staying in)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

shattered after a long 13 hour shift in work roll on 9 oclock a bottle of wine a movie and a chinese with himself is on the cards for me tonight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I plan on rubbing my belly and watching some movies. I ate a lot of meat today and need a lie down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Friends, crappy tv, food and a few drinks. We were all going to head out but the thing we were going to git cancelled :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Paddies Down Under is on 3e @ 10, we can reconvene here and give out about it.

Eurotrash straight after, why would you go out? :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Going to bed early, with a book.

G'wan the rock'n'roll lifestyle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Best username ever

I'm having a few beers with the Missus and then I'm going to sink the banana into her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

Football...pizza on the way...Jagermeister and oblivion...:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Going to finish off last nights wine, watch Million Pound Drop and then an early night. I am trying to give up smoking so will be spending alot of time in bed the next few days to fight off the temptation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Think I am going to play an old game for the night. Hello Oblivion. Hmm, to go get beers for it or not. That is the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Are you still going to charge if I can't get it up? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Football and packing for cork city tomorrow:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

It's a litre of The Captain and six cans of Karpackie for me tonight , a friend is home from the states for the weekend.

all going to plan we'll take in the soccer, the clubs, and then the boxing tonight.

What about you?

films, films, walking dead, house md, max payne 3, some beer, breaking bad, family guy.

have sprained my ankle ligaments so i am bed bound for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

Think I am going to play an old game for the night. Hello Oblivion. Hmm, to go get beers for it or not. That is the question

yes a six pack sure,and another one to wash down that six pack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I'm watching a Stephen Spielberg movie, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, on TV and drinking tea. I find the idea of artificial intelligence fascinating, especially with so little of the natural kind in evidence.:):):)

And what would the lucky purchaser be getting for their 30 euro?

Just my company.
    Are you still going to charge if I can't get it up? ;)

I aint no rent boy!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I had great intentions of being home by half 12 last night....didn't get home till one today, so going to totally relax and recover for the night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

night in for me tonight, lots of snackage, The Dictator, Dark Shadows, whats your number and scream4 so far so good for a movie night, and maybe a little bit of wine later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Down the local for a few beers with the lads, solve the worlds problems. First smoke free night out hopefully, so not going too mad.

On a side note, I'm well over 6ft tall and 108kg, I can out drink all of my friends, but some of the stuff you lot are knocking back before you head out would render me unconscious!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Enright

Reading this thread on board, glass of vino and soccer on the telly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

on the laptop watching the tv thats my saturday..

feel dizzy already with no drink.
    A couple of times over the last two weeks I've been getting dizzy for no reason. Start walking like im drunk. Hope I'm not getting sick with the flu or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

feel dizzy already with no drink.
    A couple of times over the last two weeks I've been getting dizzy for no reason. Start walking like im drunk. Hope I'm not getting sick with the flu or something.
    na.. few nagans ,be graaaand.

na.. few nagans ,be graaaand.
    It actually feels great:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Got the house to myself, so I'm cooking myself a batch of pancakes while listening to podcasts on the laptop. Later, a movie off the DVR - perhaps Confessions, the mad Japanese film about a schoolteacher out for revenge.

My pancakes recipe:
    - 2 cups of flour
    - 2 eggs
    - 2 tblsp cooking oil
    - 1 cup milk - this is a good way to use milk that's gone a bit off
    - pinch of salt or whatever grill spices you have around

Whisk ingredients to a batter, diluting with water until it's a nice consistency. Heat up a frying pan with a little oil - try and keep the heat steady. 1 ladle of batter = 1 pancake. Flip as soon as the top side solidifies. Your first one or two might be a bit weird - don't worry about it. Serve with whatever you like - I'm going to chop up and reheat some cooked pork sausages.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Soccer on tv now, will then settle in to watch the golf for the night.

Somewhere in between I'll be feeding myself courtesy of Lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

bnt wrote: »
    Got the house to myself, so I'm cooking myself a batch of pancakes while listening to podcasts on the laptop. Later, a movie off the DVR - perhaps Confessions, the mad Japanese film about a schoolteacher out for revenge.

My pancakes recipe:
    - 2 cups of flour
    - 2 eggs
    - 2 tblsp cooking oil
    - 1 cup milk - this is a good way to use milk that's gone a bit off
    - pinch of salt or whatever grill spices you have around

Whisk ingredients to a batter, diluting with water until it's a nice consistency. Heat up a frying pan with a little oil - try and keep the heat steady. 1 ladle of batter = 1 pancake. Flip as soon as the top side solidifies. Your first one or two might be a bit weird - don't worry about it. Serve with whatever you like - I'm going to chop up and reheat some cooked pork sausages.

Cheers Delia ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Gonna whip up some fajitas and line up a few good albums on the hifi (mp3s me hóle!). Will have hummus on toast before bed too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

building ikea ****. This better be worth it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

what does a fiver get me ted?

have a litre of captains and club orange between two of us, then to town, we always say we wont leave too late so we'll see how that goes, drinking and playing street fighter atm :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

gsxr1 wrote: »
    building ikea ****. This better be worth it!!!!

Haha enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Still hanging from last night, ridiculous session

Currently working my way through a 12 pack of Carlsberg to try and numb the pain :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

t|nt|n wrote: »
    Still hanging from last night, ridiculous session

Currently working my way through a 12 pack of Carlsberg to try and numb the pain :(

Don't do it! you'll be the same tomorrow :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I recently bought a new tv, during the week so Im watching, season 1 of x files.
    working on my on some story boards for what could be my new job and more or less taking it easy and saving again :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement