Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

permanently banned from the Airsoft fourm

Options
  • 16-06-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Hi I have been permanently banned from the Airsoft fourm. My post locked (never got proper reason for this)and my post sniped. Below is the Post link and all PM’s between myself and the Airsoft Mod Dogwatch who permanently banned me. I would like your review and Input please. I've never had an infraction, warning ban or any bad dealings in this fourm till now. Sorry for putting in everything but I want you to see all Posts and PM's Cheers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056670809

My original post maybe not word for word but as I have no access to it can’t be 100% but I’m sure you can see the original.

Title: “Army Ranger Funny Stuff”
    Saw this today on the Irish Defence forces page and found it funny and a little sad now that I see a lot of people seem to know about this guy and are laughing at him.
    Quote below taken from poster on Irish Defence forces page (not me)
    “Delighted to have met an Irish Army Ranger sniper this week. Hes working in an Irish Airsoft shop in Dublin but wouldn’t let me take a picture of us together because of the Irish secrecy Act or something. Still though it was interesting listening to his stories.”

To which I got
    Dogwatch wrote:
    < snip> Do not post potential operational information about the Defence Forces.

Pm’s that followed:
    Tibersun wrote:
    Hi dogwatch when will my thread be reopened. Your reason stating operational information about the Defence Forces is nonsence. This sad guy isen't even in the pdf let alone the rangers. I have broken no rules my thread is ligit.
    Dogwatch wrote:
    You thread is still under review. You may consider it legit but it appeared at the same time as the off topic thread and has the same subject matter........For me, this is too much of a Coincidence.
    I am not going to comment on your claims above but ask you give us time to sort it out. Mods have lives outside of boards and it can take a couple of days to get a consensus
    Tibersun wrote:
    Thats great news however I don't see how that affects me. are coincidences againts the rules now. how exactly did my post break any rules or what is your explanation for its locking? I had nothing to do with the off topic thread. My thread it ligit but clearly fairness has no place here. Its come to my attention that the sad, lying ranger wanabee is actually andy <snip> aka Andy g so i don't see how i'm going to get any unbias judgement here. It seems everyone knows about him and are laughing at him anyway. It wasn't my intention to out him, I found the original post about a ranger working as a sales assistant, funny!! And posted it as such here.
    SO don't worry about. "Mods have lives outside of boards and it can take a couple of days to get a consensus" I guess so, some being rangers and all!!!
    So you need not bother yourself or your fellow mods.
    I'm only on this fourm to buy and sell I have no interest in airsoft politics. but your responce is disappointing. As are the actions of your fellow mod.
    Dogwatch wrote:
    Dear Tibersun,
    You have been permanently banned from Airsoft for personal abuse.
    This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.
    Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.
    If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.
    Dogwatch
    Moderator Note
    Personal abuse of any member will not be tolerated.
    Your post:
    Tibersun wrote: »
    < snip> Do not post potential operational information about the Defence Forces
    Tibersun wrote:
    Dear
    I wish to appeal my ban, my statement of " Its come to my attention that the sad, lying ranger wanabee is actually andy <snip> aka Andy g" Was not ment as abuse merely a statement of fact. And Unless andy Is actually a army ranger (which hes not)and not lying about his exploits in the ranger wing then I don't see how a statement of fact can be abuse. My use of the word "sad" is a personal opinion and if this is the reason for my ban then I retract it and whole heartedly appoligise for it,
    Like I said I'm only on here to buy and sell what people make up about themselves is up to them.
    Also I would like my original thread reopened once you and your fellow mods discuss it, dispite anything else it did not warrent closure under boards or airsoft rules and you have yet to give me a valid reason for its closure. I await your responce.
    Tibersun wrote:
    And as you and the Irish Defence forces have cleared the OPSEC issue can My thread be reopened? My ban should have nothing to do with the original thread. I see you have updated the lock but not reopened it. Before this whole thing started I never heard of your fellow mod Andy I had no personal issues or vendettas against him. My ban should you choose to uphold it despite my appolgy I can live with If broke the rules and I can live with the consequences however The thread is ligit and as such should be reopened you uphold the rules but must live by them as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Hey OP

Please be advised Sports Cmods will review this. Please be patient and give us time.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Tibersun

Hey OP

Please be advised Sports Cmods will review this. Please be patient and give us time.

Thanks

Thank you.

All further PM's between myself and Mod Dogwatch
    Dogwatch wrote:
    Remove the PM's from the DRP thread as you do not have my permission to publish them on an open forum.

It would have been courteous of you to allow me time to respond to your PM's

Tibersun wrote:
    I tried it your way and my ligit thread was sniped and locked. And I recieved an perma ban as a result of our Pm's.

As per the rules of the Dispute Resolution posted on this page your permission is not required
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397
    Quote below taken from that page:
    Private message conversations in relation to the topic at hand are ok to publish in this forum in an attempt to resolve an issue. This is contrary to normal Boards.ie Guidelines that permission be sought before publication of any PMs sent or received.

If your confident in you actions then the Cmod will back you up, but lets see what happens.......

Dogwatch wrote:
    I see you do not understand why you were banned.
    It has nothing to do with the PM's between us.
    It is all about the post you made which I snipped and locked.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056670809

It is a post which ridicules and belittles a user on boards and, in my view, is with out foundation. This is sometimes refered to as cyber bullying and is,most certainly, personal abuse.
    You admit you know nothing about Andy and have never met him so you have no way of knowing whether what you posted is true or not. Whether it is a Defence Forces page/site on Facebook I have no way of knowing.
    It is now in the hands of the C Mod and I have copied this to him

Tibersun wrote:
    Title: “Army Ranger Funny Stuff”
    Saw this today on the Irish Defence forces page and found it funny and a little sad now that I see a lot of people seem to know about this guy and are laughing at him.
    Quote below taken from poster on Irish Defence forces page “Delighted to have met an Irish Army Ranger sniper this week. Hes working in an Irish Airsoft shop in Dublin but wouldn’t let me take a picture of us together because of the Irish secrecy Act or something. Still though it was interesting listening to his stories.”

Oh i see Can you point out in the post above which Is as close to the original as possible to the original as I remember or you can post up the original thread, which you have access to. Where exactly do I ridicule or belittle a user on boards? The thread is about a sales assistant claiming to be an army ranger sinper. and how funny I thought that was. Then I edited it to say I found it a little sad when the replys (5 or 6 at the time of my posting) 22 of them in total Indicated that others had heard these stories from the sales assistant too...(of course all these could be lying too) but I have no way of knowing this. Maybe all these people have a vendetta against this sales assistant. How ever I did not. I made no comments on the Defence forces page, My thread and posts on it here in boards are clear for you and all to see I certainly did not ridicule and belittle anyone, If I did then please point it out? (cut and paste my words and show me Please!!) I am at a loss as to your reason for my ban. It has no foundation which was why I was forced to go to the Cmods. I even said in my PM's that I wanted to leave the whole thing alone and continue buying and selling airsoft, which is my sole reason for being on this fourm and your response was to Ban me permanently!!!
    As for the closing of the thread if it was a cyber bullying or abuse Issue then why was the thread locked and the reason given as an Army opperational security issue. I'll post this up on the resolution fourm too like all Our Pm's For the Cmod but I would like a response from you to my question above " I certainly did not ridicule and belittle anyone, If I did then please point it out? (cut and paste my words and show me Please!!)"
    Tibersun

Any Cmods available?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Thank you for your patience. Please be advised that we are very short-handed Sports Cmod-wise at present for various reasons. I will review your DRP.

In addition to what you have posted above, if there is anything else that you think I need to know before evaluating this DRP, please send it to me by PM at your earliest convenience.

• Advertisement

No I've included all PM's and original post. Just looking for some fair unbias judgement, Cheers. Ask any questions.

Any update for me black swan? I can understand your busy but I'm logging on twice and three times a day for over a week waiting for this dispute to be resolved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Perhaps you can please clear up some of the inconsistencies that occurred between the Airsoft thread you started, as well as between some of the later PM comments you posted above?

If "I'm only on this fourm to buy and sell I have no interest in airsoft politics," then why start your "Army Ranger Funny Stuff" thread, which imported outside "airsoft politics" into boards, and had nothing to do with buying and selling in our Airsoft forum?

If "It wasn't my intention to out him," then way did you intentionally post the PM above that contained your comment "Its come to my attention that the sad, lying ranger wanabee is actually andy <snip> aka Andy g?"

If you are in fact concerned about making “ligit” posts (as claimed about your thread above), why did you reproduce and post a PM that clearly violated the Boards.ie Terms of Use (which also govern this DRP thread)? When you registered “You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to: identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user.” Whether you intended to “out” someone in your original thread, or later “out” them by using the excuse of reproducing the PM now, is a moot point, and a serious violation of the Terms of Use; so serious that a site ban may be called for, rather than a mere Airsoft forum ban.

We might not be able to guarantee the privacy of our members on boards.ie, but we can sure try.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Any update for me black swan? I can understand your busy but I'm logging on twice and three times a day for over a week waiting for this dispute to be resolved.

Delighted you understand Black Swan is busy, and unfortunately since we lost another Cmod today we are more severely understaffed than when this thread was posted. You'll have to be even more patient - these things take time because we do them properly.

Black Swan wrote: »
    Perhaps you can please clear up some of the inconsistencies that occurred between the Airsoft thread you started, as well as between some of the later PM comments you posted above?

If "I'm only on this fourm to buy and sell I have no interest in airsoft politics," then why start your "Army Ranger Funny Stuff" thread, which imported outside "airsoft politics" into boards, and had nothing to do with buying and selling in our Airsoft forum?.

That was my one and only non buying or selling thread. I honestly found it funny and posted it as such.
    If "It wasn't my intention to out him," then way did you intentionally post the PM above that contained your comment "Its come to my attention that the sad, lying ranger wanabee is actually andy <snip> aka Andy g?"

I posted all comments and PM's for you the Cmod to see.
    If you are in fact concerned about making “ligit” posts (as claimed about your thread above), why did you reproduce and post a PM that clearly violated the Boards.ie Terms of Use (which also govern this DRP thread)? When you registered “You agree NOT to use Boards.ie to: identify or speculate as to the identity of any anonymous or pseudonymous user.” Whether you intended to “out” someone in your original thread, or later “out” them by using the excuse of reproducing the PM now, is a moot point, and a serious violation of the Terms of Use; so serious that a site ban may be called for, rather than a mere Airsoft forum ban.

We might not be able to guarantee the privacy of our members on boards.ie, but we can sure try.

So its up to you. If I understand correctly your banning me or upholding my ban because of my posts here in the dispute thread. Posts I put up for you the Cmod to see to clear my name. Is that correct?

• Advertisement

So its up to you. If I understand correctly your banning me or upholding my ban because of my posts here in the dispute thread. Posts I put up for you the Cmod to see to clear my name. Is that correct?
    Quite to the contrary, there is a clear relationship between the thread you started on Airsoft, which began the outing process, and the PM you posted on this DRP that functioned to elaborate and clearly ID a member of boards. You knew this when you posted this PM here for all to see.

You posted these PMs without being asked. If you were only attempting to defend your original Airsoft thread, that was supposedly posted for "fun," there was no need to elaborate on the identity of a boards member in doing so by PM, consequently it appears that your "fun" was to "out" a member of boards.

Attempting to use a mere technicality ("Posts I put up for you the Cmod to see") is not credible as a defense. It resulted in fully IDing the person you outed, and you knew this when you did it. Now you are attempting to literally use our guidelines against themselves, but in doing so, you fail to see the most important factor that governs mod actions on boards: the spirit and intent of the guidelines. You violated that spirit and intent beginning with your Airsoft thread, and continuing here into DRP.

Your "fun" that began with your original Airsoft thread, which continued here into DRP, became increasingly abusive to a member of boards, and violated his rights to privacy per boards.ie Terms of Use cited above. Consequently, the Sports Cmod decision is NOT to reverse your Permanent Ban from Airsoft, therefore the Permanent Ban stands.

The Sports Cmod review of this DRP has been completed. At this stage of the DRP process, you have only two choices left: (1) You may learn from this event and move on; or (2) request an Admin review.

If you fail to respond to one of these 2 choices within one week of this post, it will be assumed that you do not want an Admin review. In this case, it will be requested that the Admin close this DRP.

Quite to the contrary, there is a clear relationship between the thread you started on Airsoft, which began the outing process, and the PM you posted on this DRP that functioned to elaborate and clearly ID a member of boards. You knew this when you posted this PM here for all to see.

You posted these PMs without being asked. If you were only attempting to defend your original Airsoft thread, that was supposedly posted for "fun," there was no need to elaborate on the identity of a boards member in doing so by PM, consequently it appears that your "fun" was to "out" a member of boards.

Attempting to use a mere technicality ("Posts I put up for you the Cmod to see") is not credible as a defense. It resulted in fully IDing the person you outed, and you knew this when you did it. Now you are attempting to literally use our guidelines against themselves, but in doing so, you fail to see the most important factor that governs mod actions on boards: the spirit and intent of the guidelines. You violated that spirit and intent beginning with your Airsoft thread, and continuing here into DRP.

Your "fun" that began with your original Airsoft thread, which continued here into DRP, became increasingly abusive to a member of boards, and violated his rights to privacy per boards.ie Terms of Use cited above. Consequently, the Sports Cmod decision is NOT to reverse your Permanent Ban from Airsoft, therefore the Permanent Ban stands.

The Sports Cmod review of this DRP has been completed. At this stage of the DRP process, you have only two choices left: (1) You may learn from this event and move on; or (2) request an Admin review.

If you fail to respond to one of these 2 choices within one week of this post, it will be assumed that you do not want an Admin review. In this case, it will be requested that the Admin close this DRP.

I see your point there is nothing I can do to reverse my ban. Done with boards. thanks for your time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement