Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Build Questions

Options
  • 16-06-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi all this is my first build.

1. What is your budget? €800 - €850

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, watch some movies, browsing internet etc.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Nope.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have to check.

5. Do you need a monitor? No, planning to use my 32" HD TV.

5a. If yes, what size do you need?

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Will be purchasing these separately. Open to recommendations though.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Not planning to anytime soon. But probably will in the future.

8. How can you pay? Bank transfer, credit card

9. When are you purchasing? Maybe in a month and a bit. I know its a bit early to ask but I'm going to Hong Kong next week for holiday.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Dublin

I am going to purchase these parts from hardwareversand.de.
    Currently this is what I will be going for:

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€209.99
    Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, Intel Z77, mATX|€87.71
    Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2, 600 Watt|€61.27
    Cooler Master Elite 430, ohne Netzteil|€38.75
    8GB-Kit Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz CL9|€48.95
    WD Caviar Black 500GB SATA 6Gb/s|€76.95
    ASUS DRW-24B5ST Retail|€20.29
    EVGA GeForce GTX 570, 1280MB DDR5, PCI-Express|€282.32
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€845.22
    I needed some suggestions.

In hardwareversand website the EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked is slightly cheaper(€279.81) than the normal clocked version(€282.32) which I have selected. Is there a reason for this? And should I purchase the superclocked version instead? If so will my current selected PSU be enough?

RAM, I decided to use Corsair Vengence instead of Kingston Hyper X instead. Like this one: http://www2.hardwareversand.de/1333+Low+Voltage/44143/8GB-Kit+Kingston+HyperX+blu++PC3-10667U+CL9.article
    Is there any difference in performance ?

Also I plan to save some cash by purchasing the processor, HDD and the PSU in Hong Kong instead of buying them from hardwareversand.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

A few things:

- Don't get the GTX 570 when you can get the 7870 for the same price.
    - Get a Super Flower Amazon 550 watt PSU instead of that Corsair.
    - Get a better case, like the Shinobi or Merc.
    - Get the AsRock Z77 Pro3 Motherboard instead.
    - Don't bother getting a Caviar Black drive, just get a Blue and save for an SSD.
    - Get G.Skill RAM instead, the low profile ones that are ~€35.

Then you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭PenguinForce

The 7870 seems to be the bit more expensive(€10). The cheapest one I found on hardwareversand is €292.09 by HIS. All the other 7870 are €300 or more and my budget is €850 so I try to keep it below that. Does the 7870 offers that much more performance boost?

Also back to my original question, if anyone knows, is there a reason why the GTX 570 Superclocked is cheaper than the normal clocked version?

Advertisement