Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women enjoying a drink in the pub alone.

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Drunk presumably loose women alone in the pub without the intimidating herd around them?!

I bet it's an urban legend though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

There's always one judgmental prick.

post reported.

attack the post not the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

insanity50 wrote: »
    post reported.

Whatever.

You've been doing a fair bit of attacking yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Mr_Spaceman warned for uncivil
    insanity50, you've already been warned once in this thread. Tread gently ok?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

post reported.

You came on this thread and attacked people, making ill informed judgemental comments and not a shred of evidence to back up your deliberately inflamatory claims.

Would you care to elaborate on your initial spurious post?

Have you been in a pub, do you drink?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

biko wrote: »
    Mr_Spaceman warned for uncivil
    insanity50, you've already been warned once in this thread. Tread gently ok?

Thread gently! :P

(grabs coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

I'm surprised this thread has rumbled on for as long as it has, it's been interesting reading people's sometimes very differing views on the subject, as well as discovering it's not only some women who don't feel comfortable drinking alone in a pub.

Yesterday evening was the first time I was in a pub alone since starting this thread - I was heading to the Chili Peppers concert in Croke Park and arranged to meet my friend in a pub beforehand. I got there half an hour before our arranged meeting time, and she arrived half an hour after our arranged meeting time, so I had one whole hour of sitting alone, enjoying a drink. There were a few groups of men there and although one table in particular (right next to my table) glanced over at me a few times, I was left in perfect peace to enjoy my drink and the music until my friend arrived.

I didn't even have a book with me, and the only time I looked at my phone was when I sent my friend a text to tell her I was there, and where I was sitting, and when she replied to let me know she would be there soon.

Thanks to all who have added a reply, even those whose views I thoroughly disagreed with. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    I'm surprised this thread has rumbled on for as long as it has, it's been interesting reading people's sometimes very differing views on the subject, as well as discovering it's not only some women who don't feel comfortable drinking alone in a pub.

Yesterday evening was the first time I was in a pub alone since starting this thread - I was heading to the Chili Peppers concert in Croke Park and arranged to meet my friend in a pub beforehand. I got there half an hour before our arranged meeting time, and she arrived half an hour after our arranged meeting time, so I had one whole hour of sitting alone, enjoying a drink. There were a few groups of men there and although one table in particular (right next to my table) glanced over at me a few times, I was left in perfect peace to enjoy my drink and the music until my friend arrived.

I didn't even have a book with me, and the only time I looked at my phone was when I sent my friend a text to tell her I was there, and where I was sitting, and when she replied to let me know she would be there soon.

Thanks to all who have added a reply, even those whose views I thoroughly disagreed with. :)

That's the way it should be unless someone decides to strike up a conversation with you and you reciprocate. Which pub was it?

kfallon wrote: »
    That's the way it should be unless someone decides to strike up a conversation with you and you reciprocate. Which pub was it?

And that's the way it most often is, for me, I'm happy to report.

I'd rather not say which pub, if you don't mind. It's weird, even though I post ridiculously freely on these boards about my life, thoughts and feelings, for some reason posting which pub I was in (even though it's now in the past) feels like an exposure too far.

Absurd, I know, but that's me, an absurd 'burd' :D

I'd rather not say which pub, if you don't mind. It's weird, even though I post ridiculously freely on these boards about my life, thoughts and feelings, for some reason posting which pub I was in (even though it's now in the past) feels like an exposure too far.

Because you are so hot and you don't want all us men harrassing you when you are there again!! haha kidding

• Advertisement

Tbh I was just surprised that any pub near Croker had any tables free before the concert, most of them are usually rammed :D

py2006 wrote: »
    Because you are so hot and you don't want all us men harrassing you when you are there again!! haha kidding

Absolutely, and then I'd never get my crossword finished (not that I ever get it finished anyway - the difficult one, I mean, I'm actually almost useless at the cryptic crossword but I keep on trying). :p

Tbh I was just surprised that any pub near Croker had any tables free before the concert, most of them are usually rammed :D

Who says I was 'that' near Croker?

I wasn't, we had a bit of a stroll to get there....:)

Ok that narrows it down somewhat...

Ok that narrows it down somewhat...

The information desk is now closed :D

Ah ye met in the IFSC, okies :p

Ah ye met in the IFSC, okies :p

In a few more posts we will have not only the pub, but her real name, age and phone number!

In a few more posts we will have not only the pub, but her real name, age and phone number!

What's this 'we' business :pac:

Tbh I've not been in a pub since Saturday so she could even tell me if she had a red carnation on and it wouldn't matter a damn!

Nice to see she felt fine in the pub on her own tho! I just hope insanity50 doesn't find out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

I have no problem with women having a quiet drink down the pub.

If i can do it, then why can't they?

Fair play OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

CruelCoin wrote: »
    I have no problem with women having a quiet drink down the pub.

As long as they stay in the snug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

If this was America we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    If this was America we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

If this was Saudi Arabia, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I can now imagine every boardsie who sees a woman enjoying a drink on her own in a Dublin pub wondering to themselves 'Should I ask her if she is Fizzlesque?'

They could start a new thread with their experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

If this was Saudi Arabia, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

If this was Saudi Arabia I'd have 7 wives and you'd be in the kitchen.

did you feel like you were being judged?

did you feel in any way socially uncomfortable?

No, I did not feel like I was being judged.

No, I did not feel in any way socially uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Why should she?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭anto77

It's a litre of The Captain and six cans of Karpackie for me tonight , a friend is home from the states for the weekend.

all going to plan we'll take in the soccer, the clubs, and then the boxing tonight.

What about you?
    Absolutely in ribbons now.

In work sick as a dog.
    Great night though from what I can remember, it was a bit of a blur after we left the house.

The captain went down a treat especially since I hadn't had a taste of him in nearly four weeks.

Had a couple of captains in the club as well and they really sent me over the edge.
    Mix it with club orange for anyone who has never tried it, tastes delicious, like a super split.

I will probably have to try and give up the sauce again though, kinda disappointed I fell off the wagon yesterday but just had a hunger for it that wouldn't go away.

Feel like absolute sh*te now today. Thankfully the office has been quiet so far, hasn't been too many patients in so far. If I haven't perked up by lunchtime i'll go for a bulmers to cure me. There's a taco chip just sitting in my stomach and I'd be willing to lay a few quid on which end of me it's going to come out of!!!!
    Had two pints with my lunch at work.

Have a taste for it now.

Have sent out the group texts and the lads will be around at 6ish with the slabs and the spirits.

Gonna go for six cans myself and half a litre of the beloved captain.

Was sober for the past three and a half weeks so making it a good one tonight.

Will bust into some games of COD, then watch the liverpool match. then finish off out drinks and head to the pub and then club!!
    Gonna be a great one!

Anyone else on the lash?
    People who drink alone are sad and pathetic and have a drinking problem.

No need for alcohol to be consumed let alone to be consumed in the presence of nobody else.
    post reported.

How's that for ya? :cool:

And not forgetting this classic...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79051403

:pac::eek:

Congrats anto you have highlighted that I have a drink problem. My struggle is well documented in the non-drinkers forum and my own threads here in AH.

I struggle everyday with demons trying to get through and survive and not turn to the bottle.

I'm glad you take such joy in seeing me fall off and on the wagon; I take comfort knowing that you are ready and waiting every time I fall off to throw it all in my face and drag it up every time I post - such comfort comes from knowing my own pitiful existence is only marginally as miserable as yours must surely be.

• Advertisement

Congrats anto you have highlighted that I have a drink problem. My struggle is well documented in the non-drinkers forum and my own threads here in AH.

I struggle everyday with demons trying to get through and survive and not turn to the bottle.

I'm glad you take such joy in seeing me fall off and on the wagon; I take comfort knowing that you are ready and waiting every time I fall off to throw it all in my face and drag it up every time I post - such comfort comes from knowing my own pitiful existence is only marginally as miserable as yours must surely be.

Attack the post, not the poster. Post reported. :pac:

The only thing I highlighted is the fact you're a troll. If any of the above was true then why why attack people who drink on this and other forums with such such vengence and in such a spiteful tone?

Surely if you have issues with alcohol you wouldn't belittle them in such a manner.

Don't expect to come on forums attacking people and have it all your own way. Peolple don't appreciate being abused by posters on a moral high trip - especially relevant considering your posting history horsemeat. Expect to be called out :cool:

Advertisement