Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Women enjoying a drink in the pub alone.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

VEN wrote: »
    yep only tossers harass, and i've seen tossers win with their ridiculously shallow charm. nowadays i don't look at a woman when out, even during the day, on the street. some love attention but i've learned not to give it, not to feed their ego. i see many that can have a look on their face that would stop a bus, scary. how could you approach that? the talk of all this lack of self confidence in men, eh hold on till i put on my bravest fake tan mask, my fake eyelash and push ups and walk out the door with my head up high AND get asked out while i'm waiting at the bus stop.

You don't look at women while your out in case you feed their ego?? :D:D My god....all aboard the Bitter Bus!!

You don't like women very much, do you? Sob...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

What makes zero sense is you deducing, presumably via telepathy, what kind of attitude she does or doesn't have simply from her sitting on her own

What also makes zero sense is how having a "stuck up attitude" would have anything to do with that activity.

But of course, it's all eve's fault for being a man hater right?

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    In that my boyfriend is latin and he hasn't cheated. You're making zero sense now. Off ye pop :rolleyes:

oh but i am, latin cultures arent the most loyal now. are you irish? why you hate irish man so much?

You don't look at women while your out in case you feed their ego?? :D:D My god....all aboard the Bitter Bus!!

You don't like women very much, do you? Sob...

hahaha you don't like irish men!!!! anti irish man thread this has become! are sure your boyfriend is not after benefits??? the old visa and such

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Women put up with it?? Have you ever experienced the wrath of a Latin woman before??

No but I've experienced the wrath of an Irish woman and most Irish men wouldn't dare do some of the stuff that the Latin men get away with. The Guards would be called in.

• Advertisement

py2006 wrote: »
    Sometimes I think you don't like any post from men at all.

This thread is about women having a drink on their own and the potential of being harassed. In the right bar surrounded my decent people this is not the case.

I know what the thread is about. I never claimed all women were harassed when they're having a drink as has been my experience if you read my posts...

Some women show they've an attitude when men approach them and are rude to them for approaching...that was your point, wasn't it? Not just by simply sitting there having a drink. How do you know she's no attitude when no one's approaching her? I don't understand what your point is...I was questioning that.

How can a woman NOT have an attitude when all she's doing is enjoying a drink on her own...maybe she's an absolute bitch...

hahaha you don't like irish men!!!! anti irish man thread this has become! are sure your boyfriend is not after benefits??? the old visa and such

Your posts are so full of venom. You don't look at women so you don't feed her ego? That's some fooked up thinking there pal...

He's Spanish so yes, definitely after the visa. :rolleyes:

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    No but I've experienced the wrath of an Irish woman and most Irish men wouldn't dare do some of the stuff that the Latin men get away with. The Guards would be called in.

True but every latin country varies in their approach.

oh but i am, latin cultures arent the most loyal now. are you irish? why you hate irish man so much?

Can you show me examples where I've said such a thing please?

• VEN wrote: »

Yes, he must be after the visa. Or...
    He must look like Antonio Banderas. Or...
    He must be loaded. Or...

THEY MIGHT JUST LIKE EACH OTHER! Hard concept to grasp, huh?

It must be a sad and lonely existence being as bitter as you are. A piece of advice for you, pal. Most women aren't into whiny excuse makers who think the world is out to get them. You could look like Brad Pitt and I wouldn't give you the time of day because you'd drain the life out of me. What I want in a man is a sense of humour, kindness and intelligence. Couldn't give a fook about the other stuff. Most normal, sane women I know are the same.

• Advertisement

Your posts are so full of venom. You don't look at women so you don't feed her ego? That's some fooked up thinking there pal...

He's Spanish so yes, definitely after the visa. :rolleyes:

you're a dublin gal alright, "some fooked up thinking there pal..."

women love attention - fact. i choose not to give it, they can chase me, they can look at me, time to change my dear, equal opportunities and all that. nothing 'foooked up' about that, its called self control and loving it!

oh i thought he was argentinian, i bet you walk all over him, mentally too mind.

you're a dublin gal alright, "some fooked up thinking there pal..."

Ah you don't like people from Dublin either I see....

women love attention - fact. i choose not to give it, they can chase me, they can look at me, time to change my dear, equal opportunities and all that. nothing 'foooked up' about that, its called self control and loving it!

You said you won't even look at woman in case of feeding her ego...that's not normal...
    oh i thought he was argentinian, i bet you walk all over him, mentally too mind.

Do ye? Think what you like. I'm very happy :)

Yes, he must be after the visa. Or...
    He must look like Antonio Banderas. Or...
    He must be loaded. Or...

THEY MIGHT JUST LIKE EACH OTHER! Hard concept to grasp, huh?

It must be a sad and lonely existence being as bitter as you are. A piece of advice for you, pal. Most women aren't into whiny excuse makers who think the world is out to get them. You could look like Brad Pitt and I wouldn't give you the time of day because you'd drain the life out of me. What I want in a man is a sense of humour, kindness and intelligence. Couldn't give a fook about the other stuff. Most normal, sane women I know are the same.

most men don't want manipulating mentally charged women who think they can walk all over them and use 'sex' as some sort of calling card. i drain the life out of you cos i hit the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Most people on this thread, male and female, have managed to have an interesting discussion on this topic, even if there is disagreement over whether solo women are/should be comfortable drinking in a pub.

As always though the few misogynists are out in force.

most men don't want manipulating mentally charged women who think they can walk all over them and use 'sex' as some sort of calling card. i drain the life out of you cos i hit the truth.

Righty-hoooo...crashing on....

• VEN wrote: »

I don't know one woman who does that. Your life must be so grim. I'd have a good look at the type of women you're attracting if you think women do that. Birds of a feather and all that.

the wrath of irish man haters is upon us, i'm surrounded

I don't know one woman who does that. Your life must be so grim. I'd have a good look at the type of women you're attracting if you think women do that. Birds of a feather and all that.

oh you don't do mind games, it thought that was how ye worked it?

Don't you get that you're still implying that women have an obligation to talk to you?

I never once implied that. I said its a free country and people can talk to whoever they want, and people have the right to not reciprocate it. There's a difference between politely rejecting someone and telling them to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

oh you don't do mind games, it thought that was how ye worked it?

I'm no expert but between this and the Rodney King thread posts I'm beginning to suspect trollery.

• Advertisement

I never once implied that. I said its a free country and people can talk to whoever they want, and people have the right to not reciprocate it. There's a difference between politely rejecting someone and telling them to fcuk off.

I don't know anyone who'd tell someone who'd politely spark up a conversation with them to "fook off". If they exist then they're nob-heads. Thank god I don't mix with those type of people...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Vice versa.

Vice versa.

You claimed I "hated male posts" when I don't think I posted one hostile post directed at you in this thread.

For the sake of debate, I'd be interested if you'd answer my last post directed at you....how can a woman not have an attitude by simply having a drink? No hostility in my question intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Vice versa.

You claimed I "hated male posts" when I don't think I posted one hostile post directed at you in this thread.

For the sake of debate, I'd be interested if you'd answer my last post directed at you....how can a woman not have an attitude by simply having a drink? No hostility in my question intended.

I have previous threads in mind.

Not sure I understand your question. By attitude I meant bad attitude. But I am not saying women who drink alone do have bad attitudes. I think far more women should drink on their own if they want to. Bad attitude and poor confidence dictate otherwise which is a shame.

I was in NY a few times and women will have a glass is wine on their own at the bar
    on way home from work or whatever.
    It happens here too in the right places and so it should.

Most people on this thread, male and female, have managed to have an interesting discussion on this topic, even if there is disagreement over whether solo women are/should be comfortable drinking in a pub.

Interesting you mention the misogynists but not the feminists. I don't think there are either here to be honest, and I don't think the male posts have been any worse than the female posts.

Righty-hoooo...crashing on....

that makes zero sense. see i can do that too, belittle you. not nice is it? the ignorant attitude you know

I have previous threads in mind.

So why would you bring it up now?? Kind of irrelevant....
    Not sure I understand your question. By attitude I meant bad attitude. But I am not saying women who drink alone do have bad attitudes. I think far more women should drink on their own if they want to. Bad attitude and poor confidence dictate otherwise which is a shame.

OKay...I have to retype the question again...

You said the woman is having a drink alone in the bar and doesn't have an attitude like a lot of other women....I'm asking you how can you judge that from someone just sitting there drinking?

You argued that some women have an attitude when approached by men, yes? Not when she's sitting there minding her own business...

The fact that no one has approached her yet would make it impossible to know how she'd react thus impossible to know if she has an attitude....

It's a fairly simple question...just trying to understand what you meant when you said she didn't have an attitude like a lot of other women...

• Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Interesting you mention the misogynists but not the feminists. I don't think there are either here to be honest, and I don't think the male posts have been any worse than the female posts.

Feminist is not the opposite of misogynist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Vice versa.

Could you point out the man-haters in the thread to us? I haven't noticed any - at least not in the last 8-10 pages or so - perhaps I missed a few earlier in the thread.

I happily point out the very obvious misogynist as VEN. Bitter twisted view of women.

Feminists are not the opposite of misogynists. Again, where are the man-haters on the thread with bitter views towards men like those posted by VEN towards women?

• Advertisement

that makes zero sense. see i can do that too, belittle you. not nice is it? the ignorant attitude you know

Not nice? In fairness, you've spewed worse bile in my direction so far so it's probably the nicest thing you've said to me so far. Thank you.:)

Advertisement