Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat Smoker

Options
  • 16-06-2012 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Folks - new to boards.ie - anyone know where I can get a meat smoker in Dublin or Leinster?

Big fan of US food shows and anxious to start smoking meats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

If you look them up on youtube, theres some that are very easy to make :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭business bloomer

Try purplespaghetti.ie - they sell Bradley smokers - I don't know if this is what you're looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

bbqplanet.co.uk cheapest by far

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

bbqplanet.co.uk cheapest by far

Do you mean http://www.planetbarbecue.co.uk/ ?

Cannot find bbqplanet online:confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You can smoke on a weber kettle BBQ, or at a push on any gas grill.

I can't use my kettle at the moment, but I've been doing some decent smoking on a gas grill. It takes a bit of practice but all the equipment you need apart from the grill is wood chips, tin foil and aluminium pans.

If you want to spend the money on one, Amazon has the weber smokey mountain. A great piece of kit, I wish I owned one. I will soon!

Check out amazingribs.com for good advice.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I Presume you are talking about hot smoking, if so the cheapest way is in a pot or wok with a lid.
    Take your pot, add wood shavings, add a double layer of tin foil, get a small wire trivet, add your meat, put on the lid and place on direct low-medium heat.
    Good luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I Presume you are talking about hot smoking, if so the cheapest way is in a pot or wok with a lid.
    Take your pot, add wood shavings, add a double layer of tin foil, get a small wire trivet, add your meat, put on the lid and place on direct low-medium heat.
    Good luck

That'll work for small amounts of meat/poultry, but the OP mentioned watching US cooking shows. Here it's all about low slow cooking of cheap cuts of meat such as ribs, brisket or pork shoulder. To do these right you need a BBQ setup.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Yep that's the one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

old thread but my help the op
    look here mate at one i made
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70517998

Advertisement