Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

changing vet

• 16-06-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

I don't like my vet. the relationship broke down, not over money, but over duplicate charge. I want to change for TB and Brucellosis testing. How do I do it? Must I tell old vet? Is there a form or forms to complete? any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

just ring the department and tell them you are changing vet simple as, i did it a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

whelan1 wrote: »
    just ring the department and tell them you are changing vet simple as, i did it a few years ago

+1
    Did it only last year but they ask you to put it in writing and sign it and fax it into them then.. You need to let the vet that you are changing to know as it will come up on his/her listings for tb testing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭ci985

changed vets a month ago! went to the new vet to offer him my business
    he sorted all out no forms to sign at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I wish more people would change their Vets more often, if they are not happy with the service. A good way to keep them 'on their toes' and competitive.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

pakalasa wrote: »
    I wish more people would change their Vets more often, if they are not happy with the service. A good way to keep them 'on their toes' and competitive.:D

A good way to have no one go out to your 3am calving in a shed with no facilities :)

pakalasa wrote: »

Unfortunately it's not the fella with the crap setup who wants to change :)
    You are all free to have what ever vet you want but loyalty goes both ways and the cheap vet putting the others out of business may turn out very expensive in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jay gatsby

Unfortunately it's not the fella with the crap setup who wants to change :)
    You are all free to have what ever vet you want but loyalty goes both ways and the cheap vet putting the others out of business may turn out very expensive in the future.

"Cheap" and "Vet" Sorry - does not compute. i don't think anyone mentioned moving to get a cheaper vet - just better service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I know someone who was charged twice for two call-outs within the same 30 mins. The vet had to go somewhere else for an emergency call or something.:mad:

jay gatsby wrote: »
    "Cheap" and "Vet" Sorry - does not compute. i don't think anyone mentioned moving to get a cheaper vet - just better service.

If your vet does their job well then they are cheap compared to the dead calf in the field!

I was being a bit tongue in cheek in my posts above, everyone has the right to a good service from their vet, especially out of hours. Some vets will only attend their clients during the night after they have tried everyone else in the town. If I got that service I would move.

RE double charging- always query your bill if concerned as staff in the office can put in the wrong charges from the vets callout invoice onto your account. 100 synulox boluses could be charged instead of 10 or there could be two Paddy Byrnes with the same address.
    We all can make mistakes :D

• Advertisement

If your vet does their job well then they are cheap compared to the dead calf in the field!

I was being a bit tongue in cheek in my posts above, everyone has the right to a good service from their vet, especially out of hours. Some vets will only attend their clients during the night after they have tried everyone else in the town. If I got that service I would move.

RE double charging- always query your bill if concerned as staff in the office can put in the wrong charges from the vets callout invoice onto your account. 100 synulox boluses could be charged instead of 10 or there could be two Paddy Byrnes with the same address.
    We all can make mistakes :D
    the last vet i was with charged me ywice in the one year for a tb test, also charged me for 120 leo red tubes instead of 20, you would get your bill one day and dd would be out of your account next day ,so you had feck all time to query the bill.... i am no longer with that vet ... current vet is the complete opposite and does not charge when you ring to ask him something:rolleyes:

whelan1 wrote: »
    the last vet i was with charged me ywice in the one year for a tb test, also charged me for 120 leo red tunes instead of 20, you would get your bill one day and dd would be out of your account next day ,so you had feck all time to query the bill.... i am no longer with that vet ... current vet is the complete opposite and does not charge when you ring to ask him something:rolleyes:

I wish I had clients like you on DD. :D

I wish I had clients like you on DD. :D
    also had a vet before that years ago, he toldmy da when a pedigree animal died" sure when you've livestock, you've deadstock":mad: he never stood in our yard again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Rang my vet today with regard To possible round worm in calves.
    He told me he would have to see them but in the mean time to give them bovitrace once every three weeks.
    So I went and got it and it seems to be pretty much the very same stuff as is in the lick I bought in the creamery 2 weeks ago.

Have not opened the bottle yet. Is there any point in giving bovitrace to animals that have a lick and are getting nuts daily as well.
    It sounds a bit like a fudge on the part of the vet just giving me something rather than nothing. Maybe I am wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flyingfarmer

@20SilkCut
    Just give them an ivermectin injection. Cost you about 24 cent each calf.
    That'll cover your worms

Advertisement