Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiohead stage collapses in Toronto - one dead

Options
  • 16-06-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

x2_cf9e060

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

hi-stage-radiohead-truong-8col.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bit more here

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭JayzuzHowiye

Friend was working in one of the beer tents when she seen it happen. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I wonder if this'll be a big set back for the band, they've been in really good form lately (Thom especially) compared to previous tours, you could even tell from just watching/listening to their conduct on stage. Hopefully they don't slip into another slump like the one after OK Computer...

Also, all their gear was on stage at the time the stage collapsed. Not that a band like Radiohead has to worry about the cost of equipment, but some of those guitars (I'm sure their synthesisers and computers and things are easily replaceable, they don't bring anything particularly interesting or rare on tour apart from maybe their Rhodes piano) and things would no doubt have some kind of sentimental value (Jonny's been playing the same Telecasters as his main guitars for nearly 20 years as far as I know).

It was their drum tech, Scott Johnson, who died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rcaz wrote: »
    Also, all their gear was on stage at the time the stage collapsed. Not that a band like Radiohead has to worry about the cost of equipment, but some of those guitars (I'm sure their synthesisers and computers and things are easily replaceable, they don't bring anything particularly interesting or rare on tour apart from maybe their Rhodes piano) and things would no doubt have some kind of sentimental value (Jonny's been playing the same Telecasters as his main guitars for nearly 20 years as far as I know).

I'd imagine all of that would pale in significance to someone losing their life...

I'd imagine all of that would pale in significance to someone losing their life...

Well, yeah, of course. I thought that would go without saying.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

This is such a terrible tragedy, but I don't think it will affect Radiohead's preference. I understand that he probably worked quite closely with band and that they will miss him.

Advertisement