Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG Help?! :(

Options
  • 16-06-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi guys, first of all, I want to know if yous got a Mocks 2012 TG Exam Paper (on the mocks this year) because we didn't, we just got a stapled version of the 2011 JC paper! And I'm freakin out right now because I don't know what to learn! Someone help :( I know how to translate (I think) flip something through axial symmetry and central symmetry. Idk rotation (like in Q2 Long Questions and Q4 I think) Also sometimes in Q1 it asks you to make some other parts of the elevations using the plan or something, yeah I can't do those. Also I think it's Q3 I can't do either. Check 2011 one, it's the arxondontist thing i don't remember what it's called lmao but I can't do that at all. I can make the drawing isometricly but not like that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Hi guys, first of all, I want to know if yous got a Mocks 2012 TG Exam Paper (on the mocks this year) because we didn't, we just got a stapled version of the 2011 JC paper! And I'm freakin out right now because I don't know what to learn! Someone help :( I know how to translate (I think) flip something through axial symmetry and central symmetry. Idk rotation (like in Q2 Long Questions and Q4 I think) Also sometimes in Q1 it asks you to make some other parts of the elevations using the plan or something, yeah I can't do those. Also I think it's Q3 I can't do either. Check 2011 one, it's the arxondontist thing i don't remember what it's called lmao but I can't do that at all. I can make the drawing isometricly but not like that
    Right mate, calm down.

A) You can choose between isometric and axonemetric axis on that question.

B) You can get a true shape for Q1 generally by rotating or by auxiliary view. These should be in your book.

Relax. You can do this all tomorrow. Go to the marking schemes and your book for the rotations. Curved lines are also covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Daledge

Ah TG, my favourite subject. Yes we got a mock exam, but due to the carelessness of our teacher (that's not an excuse, it really was his fault) which cost us half an hour, leaving me with a B. I wasn't happy.

To be honest most people would agree that it's not exactly the questions that are difficult about the exam, it's time. To cope with this I would say start off in the short questions and do the easiest one first! And only do ten as thats as much marks are going for it, maybe eleven or twelve, but you really don't have time to dawdle.

With section two all you have to do is learn the following because they come up every year:

-Orthographic Projection
    -Isometric/axonometric, you get a choice between the two.
    -Ellipse and Parabola
    -Transformation Geometry

I'm afraid I don't know what questions they come up as but I would recommend trying your best to learn them. Just do the questions from past papers over and over again, you'll get the hang of it. And maybe you might even get an easier question that you know.

Best of luck anyway!

Advertisement