Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are passports so expensive?

Comments

Kurz wrote: »
    I'm going to the Bahamas this year with my dole. Spain is for the short-term unemployed. Those noobs.
    Are you going to start a thread looking for someone to sign on for you while on your extended holiday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Are you going to start a thread looking for someone to sign on for you while on your extended holiday?

PM me, we can negotiate rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Don't give this a woman a passport!!!!

She's going to use it to smuggle peanuts!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I can't help but reply but I know she's trolling.

She's a master.

She (he?)'s pretty good, alright.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

I'm going to the Bahamas this year with my dole. Spain is for the short-term unemployed. Those noobs.

I have my name down for a trip to the World Cup or Winter Olympics in 2 years. They're only paying for the first 500 who apply cos of the recession thing thats going on.

Get in there quick man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

She's a master.

I don't think so

Started a thread about traveling in Personal Issues

Trolling here can be a laugh but trolling in PI is just wrong. Pretty low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I don't think so

(S)he's a troll. Look at their previous posts. Some funny ones though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

What's wrong with someone on the dole going away on hols?

Shure didn't Seanie have a fine time in Poznan???

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

mishkalucy wrote: »
    What's wrong with someone on the dole going away on hols?

:pac:

He started the 'fields of atherny' singsong...

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    He started the 'fields of atherny' singsong...

He probably loaned Mick Wallace the money to buy the actual fields of Athenry and turn them into a sushi bar which has since become a ghost sushi bar.

He probably loaned Mick Wallace the money to buy the actual fields of Athenry and turn them into a sushi bar which has since become a ghost sushi bar.

So now the fields of Athenry are the Wine Lakes of Nama???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

PucaMama wrote: »
    Is this true?

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

He could do with lending Mick a few quid for a stitch of clothes.
    He looks like he is doing a very bad impersonation of a scarecrow lately.
    Or is this to prove he is skint?:rolleyes:

Shure come to think of it, couldn't Mick do with a nice holiday after all the stress he has been under recently???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

She's a master.
    I don't think so

Or else a complete and utter r**ard, and completely failing at life.

He could do with lending Mick a few quid for a stitch of clothes.
    He looks like he is doing a very bad impersonation of a scarecrow lately.
    Or is this to prove he is skint?:rolleyes:

Shure come to think of it, couldn't Mick do with a nice holiday after all the stress he has been under recently???

He always looked like that, not just lately. Even when he was rolling in money. Michelle Mulherin criticised his dress sense this week. That picture was taken in the last decade/century.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

He always looked like that, not just lately. Even when he was rolling in money. Michelle Mulherin criticised his dress sense this week. That picture was taken in the last decade/century.

What picture ? I was expecting an old pic of Mick !

Thats a picture of her that was taken recently.

That half a cop behind her on the far left looks a bit dodgy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Try contacting mossad im sure they have a few irish passports lying around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

luckyfrank wrote: »
    Try contacting mossad im sure they have a few irish passports lying around

Frank , look at posts 39 and 43.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Living it up in the Sheraton too. Five hundred quid a night. Only the best for our Seanie.

Chap should be slopping out in the joy and listening to the games on a radio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

coco_lola wrote: »

She's a master.
    I don't think so

Or else a complete and utter r**ard, and completely failing at life.

Who are you calling a retard?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I think the word is reward. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Conjecturing - not calling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

mattjack wrote: »
    Frank , look at posts 39 and 43.
    no im to embarrased now

• Not commenting on whether or not HLW is genuine but there actually are a lot of people around with this sense of entitlement, who think their savings are only for 'fun' things and boring things like rent and bills and passports should be taken care of by someone else. I've no problem with people who genuinely need help, but anyone who can afford to go to Australia has no business being on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Biggins wrote: »
    Conjecturing - not calling.

Exactly - just looking at both sides of the story ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

hmm, much like that polish woman in donegal story, i can see the headline for the irish independent in the morning-

"troll on the dole flies to oz to get her hole"... :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

If you think about it, things like passport payments and mobile phone charges should not exist.

Its only to keep the power in their needy hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Just flog your old passport to someone preferably an illegal immigrant, You'll easily make €80 on it, enough to get the new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

xsiborg wrote: »
    hmm, much like that polish woman in donegal story, i can see the headline for the irish independent in the morning-

"troll on the dole flies to oz to get her hole"... :rolleyes:

He was a poet and he didn't know it.
    I wish I could rhyme all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rango555

Not commenting on whether or not HLW is genuine but there actually are a lot of people around with this sense of entitlement, who think their savings are only for 'fun' things and boring things like rent and bills and passports should be taken care of by someone else.

Yup... they are called wives!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

That's cheap! I have to pay over €100 for my British passport when applying from Ireland. Its worth every penny to see the "Royal Brittanic Majesty...." message inscribed on the inside front cover. I was going to say God Bless her Royal Majesty but its pointless as i don't believe in God.

It's not cheap because you paid 20 quid more for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Just wait for the Israelis to get into full production. When their printing presses are going at full blast, they'll be able to offer Irish passports a lot cheaper than our own Department of Foreign Affairs.:):):):)

Aha.
    I've only just copped that this is the same poster who complained about the pervy housemate but doesn't think she's a perve for checking out her lecturers package and who actually lives at home.

I've been enlightened. How did I never cop that before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

PucaMama wrote: »
    Its €80 for 10 years which works out at €8 a year, less than the cost of a packet of cigs (i think) or a half decent bottle of wine. Surely that is affordable.
    Yeah but its 80 all at once not 8 euro installments. If your not working its not cheap.

If you're not working then where the eff are you going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Rango555 wrote: »
    Yup... they are called wives!

Bitter much! :rolleyes:

Well I am sorry for ever posting here. A simple enough question. Social welfare seems to pay for every other crap, thought maybe.

And I am sorry for all the bitter people who thinks I have nothing better to do than save my dole with their tax. I worked long enough and saved loads of money to go back to college. I am now finished and still have some savings left. Just enough to have in the australian bank account. Which is why I dont want to be touching my savings.

Im sick of this country and the people who thinks people on the dole are scum.

I'l tell ye bitter people something, you'll be paying for my flight out of here, with your tax, or I mean my dole money.

Or would people prefer I go to spain and other places a few times a year and come back and continue with the dole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Nobody cares. Pay for your own passport and off you go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Or would people prefer I go to spain and other places a few times a year and come back and continue with the dole.

yes thats exactly what people want, spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'l tell ye bitter people something, you'll be paying for my flight out of here, with your tax, or I mean my dole money.

If it means you'll never come back we'll start a Boards whip round right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

Its not that expensive when you think about it. It lasts for 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

It's not the expense that she's worried about. Her sense of entitlement is the problem. OP why don't you tell your mam that the passport is for one of your brothers and get her to pay. That's the way your life works right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I know it's AH, but I'm going to give a serious answer to this. Firstly, its minimum €88.50 for a passport. Secondly, its expensive because its expensive to make. A blank passport costs €25. Then you have to factor in sending it to the passport office, cost of IT systems, cost of staff and registered post to your house. It just about breaks even. If you can afford to spend the money to go on holidays, you can afford to get a passport. If you manage to actually hold on to it, unlike so many Irish people, it will last you 10 years. Get over it

And then people wonder why some are p*ssed off with some people on the dole.

The Australians are welcome to you.

They wont give you a red cent if you choose to live there, mind.

Hard Luck Woman, indeed.

• Advertisement

charlemont wrote: »
    Just flog your old passport to someone preferably an illegal immigrant, You'll easily make €80 on it, enough to get the new one.

Are you suggesting that the OP should commit a criminal act?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

Well I am sorry for ever posting here. A simple enough question. Social welfare seems to pay for every other crap, thought maybe.

And I am sorry for all the bitter people who thinks I have nothing better to do than save my dole with their tax. I worked long enough and saved loads of money to go back to college. I am now finished and still have some savings left. Just enough to have in the australian bank account. Which is why I dont want to be touching my savings.

Make that one way, please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Going by the last time I checked the prices of flights to Oz, it looks like you could be here on the dole for a while longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Aha.
    I've only just copped that this is the same poster who complained about the pervy housemate but doesn't think she's a perve for checking out her lecturers package and who actually lives at home.

So it was her brother perving on her?

Shryke wrote: »
    Aha.

So it was her brother perving on her?

I don't live at home

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement