Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are passports so expensive?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I don't live at home
    are you homeless?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Honestly OP.

Just going by what you post on boards every single thing that normal grown up adults are able to do or comprehend by themselves you seem to have trouble with.

How are you still alive?

Jesus Christ I am in stitches here.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Well I am sorry for ever posting here. A simple enough question. Social welfare seems to pay for every other crap, thought maybe.

And I am sorry for all the bitter people who thinks I have nothing better to do than save my dole with their tax. I worked long enough and saved loads of money to go back to college. I am now finished and still have some savings left. Just enough to have in the australian bank account. Which is why I dont want to be touching my savings.

Im sick of this country and the people who thinks people on the dole are scum.

I'l tell ye bitter people something, you'll be paying for my flight out of here, with your tax, or I mean my dole money.

I'll pay for your flight myself if you stop posting on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

The passport is so expensive because they want to keep little treasures of society like you from going anywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Want to hear a hard luck story about passports? Mine expired early last year, but I was too lazy to go down to the Garda station in Portlaoise to get a form to have it renewed and kept putting it off. Then the elections came and the Blueshirts and their Labour tail got into power, and the next thing they decided that pensioners would no longer get the passport free.:eek::eek:

I can well afford the €80, but I simply hate parting with money, especially when I suppose it's going to go into some fat cats' pockets, so I'll just dispense with an Irish passport for the foreseeable future.:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Want to hear a hard luck story about passports? Mine expired early last year, but I was too lazy to go down to the Garda station in Portlaoise to get a form ...........

Wouldn't the Social Welfare go to the Garda station for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

€80? Getting my UK passport renewed, here in Dublin, cost me double that in 2009. And I got felt up by the security guard at the British Embassy - thank you very much, IRA - but at least there is still an Embassy here.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Social welfare seems to pay for every other crap, thought maybe.

That's the reason you have bitter people. If you want a passport pay for it, why should you get one free just because you are on social welfare.

Aha.
    I've only just copped that this is the same poster who complained about the pervy housemate but doesn't think she's a perve for checking out her lecturers package and who actually lives at home.

I've been enlightened. How did I never cop that before!

She's the one who thinks all her problems stem from her mother demanding housekeeping money from her but not the brothers and how terribly unfair it all is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

this thread is so bad it's funny. overload of visitors to HardLuckWoman's page to check out her previous posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

PucaMama wrote: »
    Yeah but its 80 all at once not 8 euro installments. If your not working its not cheap.

Neither is a year in Australia...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Well I am sorry for ever posting here. A simple enough question. Social welfare seems to pay for every other crap, thought maybe.

And I am sorry for all the bitter people who thinks I have nothing better to do than save my dole with their tax. I worked long enough and saved loads of money to go back to college. I am now finished and still have some savings left. Just enough to have in the australian bank account. Which is why I dont want to be touching my savings.

Im sick of this country and the people who thinks people on the dole are scum.

I'l tell ye bitter people something, you'll be paying for my flight out of here, with your tax, or I mean my dole money.

We don't think your scum, no one ever said you were, or said anything about people on the dole being scum. We're bitter, well I am anyway, because people on the dole expect everything to be handed to them for nothing, for instance a passport. You's get al ot for free, you have your medical card so you don't have to pay for doctors or prescriptions, or emergency room visits, you get rent allowance so most of the rent is paid for. Pet license, tv license or whatever else. You can afford to go to Australia for a year, but you can't afford a passport to get you there? Just pay for the bloody like most other people have to, since you can afford it with your savings. Bon voyage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Poor OP, another victim of AH's friendliness. Enjoy your trip we've all helped pay for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement