Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will we ever allow weird sexualities?

• 16-06-2012 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭

Society is a strange beast. Once it prosecuted gays and then it loved them.

It seems it is never about wrong or right but just the way society sees things.

Will animal sex be next? Or other weird stuff?

I don't think gay sex is weird by the way. It does not come under the umbrella.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I don't see your logic in making a connection between accepting homosexuality and having animal sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Gay sex between two consenting adults is the right of those two people to enjoy, and no-one should have any say in whether it's allowed or not, which is why it's not illegal anymore.

Bestiality, to use your example, cannot involve informed consent by its very nature, so I can't see that ever being made legal. It's animal abuse.

The same goes for paedophilia. Except that that's child abuse, obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Some one think of the shoe fetishists :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Which ones came under your umberella? And how did they get your umberella as a sex canopy to begin with? I'm intrigued. Speaking of Beastiality, a Labrador humped my leg today without my consent, so I'd say it's true that without consent it can't be right. It felt wrong to me but the dogs owner said he was just being friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

No. This is not Japan. I say if yer not going for camogie players or women on hen parties then there's something fundamentally wrong with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Nobody will ever understand my love.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

IS there an Irish Man Boy Love Association?

Rhyme wrote: »

there there I'm understanding not in a gay way but a problem halfed is a problem solved tell us your kinkster like ways....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

We'll bring in polygamy for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

jayteecork wrote: »

Ya they're having a big gathering in Dublin at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

The CATHOLIC CHURCH!

HAHAHAHA I'M SHOUTING!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Like Paedophilia? I think not. The current hysteria about it might blow over sure once the Daily Fail goes out of business but it'd never be accepted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yes, David Norris is President.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

As soon as an animal can sign a consent form you can have sex with it.

and it has to be a full signiature, not an X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

eth0 wrote: »
    Like Paedophilia? I think not. The current hysteria about it might blow over sure once the Daily Fail goes out of business but it'd never be accepted

You realise it was accepted in historical times, ya. At least around ages of 10 and up, and in some cases, they were married before those ages.

PC CDROM wrote: »

I don't know what society you ****in live in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I reckon Fine Gael would try to ban consensual hetrosexual sex if we didn't need it for reproduction. Just to get on side with the unibrowed ultra-conservative Irish right wing.

Snowie wrote: »
    there there I'm understanding not in a gay way but a problem halfed is a problem solved tell us your kinkster like ways....

Nice try Snowie but I haven't seen you at our meetings.

Nice try Snowie but I haven't seen you at our meetings.

if I went to a meeting id be there for two days with a list of kinks long then my shlong :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Daily the belief is reinforced that the interweb is crawling with sick bastards.

I'm pretty happy with the laws as they are except I think nobody should have the right to ban polygamy or prostitution between consenting adults. Not that I equate either of those concepts either.

Concerning the fked up sick animal sex concept, if a dog humps your leg is it not giving consent to a sexual relationship and you can then morally hump it back if you are so inclined and swing that way? I will leave that to the philosophers haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I don't know what society you ****in live in.

eh the "modern" one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Daily the belief is reinforced that the interweb is crawling with sick bastards.

I'm pretty happy with the laws as they are except I think nobody should have the right to ban polygamy or prostitution between consenting adults. Not that I equate either of those concepts either.

Concerning the fked up sick animal sex concept, if a dog humps your leg is it not giving consent to a sexual relationship and you can then morally hump it back if you are so inclined and swing that way? I will leave that to the philosophers haha

What if the dog is giving consent?

What if the dog is giving consent?

That's what's he is saying. The leg humping dogs are giving consent. Possibly only to sex with your leg, though. A thorny philosophical problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I remember having a discussion at the Gay Mans Helth Project about my professional view about homosexuality as a pathology. After the outbursts, at the end of the 3 days training they could see my point; as I pointed out some pathologies of my own. However, there is no moral judgement involved, and I'm a psychoanalyst at heart. I must add that it is not some thing that needs to be automatically treated.

Both side ended up having some good debates, turned out to be a good 3 days training.

Edit: because of my bike leathers I was very popular;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

That's what's he is saying. The leg humping dogs are giving consent. Possibly only to sex with your leg, though. A thorny philosophical problem.

if he drops his pants to a humping pig but does nothing else hes breaking the law even if consent of both parties is then obvious but if he makes a nice juicy steak with apple sauce hes well within the law. Steaks don't sign consent forms. Is it morally worse to be humped or killed and eaten ? This type of debate drives the pervs mad hahaha Life isnt fair to the pig either .

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

titan18 wrote: »
    You realise it was accepted in historical times, ya. At least around ages of 10 and up, and in some cases, they were married before those ages.

Yeah but people did a lot of crazy sh&t back in the day. It doesn't make it right.

Though if a pedophile is able to just stay away from kids I see no problem with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

It seems it is never about wrong or right but just the way society sees things.

I don't think gay sex is weird by the way. It does not come under the umbrella.

Animal sex isn't consensual. Animals don't have the ability to consent.

Any sexual act between two or more consenting adults should be legal, simple as. Clearly bestiality doesn't fall under this umbrella.

All the fetishists are interesting, they gernerally work very well as a symptom; that is people are happy with them. They only come to light generally much later in therapy. I have never seen a person present foe treatment with their fethismn as the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Odysseus wrote: »
    I remember having a discussion at the Gay Mans Helth Project about my professional view about homosexuality as a pathology. After the outbursts, at the end of the 3 days training they could see my point; as I pointed out some pathologies of my own. However, there is no moral judgement involved, and I'm a psychoanalyst at heart. I must add that it is not some thing that needs to be automatically treated.

Both side ended up having some good debates, turned out to be a good 3 days training.

So since when did a normal deviation in human sexual orientation become a pathology?

• Advertisement

All the fetishists are interesting, they gernerally work very well as a symptom; that is people are happy with them. They only come to light generally much later in therapy. I have never seen a person present foe treatment with their fethismn as the cause.

Why try cure the fetish, then. If you do.

Pedant wrote: »

So since when did a normal deviation in human sexual orientation become a pathology?

Normal deviation is a weird use of the language.

I have stated my psychological traing, so it is easy to see where it came from. I stated I'm primaryily a psychoanalysts so not being funny. Just off to bed now, look at Freud and Lacan. Finally there are lots of gay analysts, we all have our symptoms.

Why try cure the fetish, then. If you do.

I would not try, or being gay, but if you are in therapy, it is there to be explored, not cured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yeah but people did a lot of crazy sh&t back in the day. It doesn't make it right.

Though if a pedophile is able to just stay away from kids I see no problem with them.

Poster said it'd never be accepted, it used to be. It's only modern society that has set an age of consent outside of what human biology allows for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

You've never lived till you have pentetrated your car:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanophilia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I ride my bike every day, get me from A to B and keeps me fit :cool:

I don't ride like this man though!
    A man caught trying to have sex with his bicycle has been sentenced to three years on probation.
    Robert Stewart, 51, admitted a sexually aggravated breach of the peace by conducting himself in a disorderly manner and simulating sex.

Sheriff Colin Miller also placed Stewart on the Sex Offenders Register for three years.

Mr Stewart was caught in the act with his bicycle by cleaners in his bedroom at the Aberley House Hostel in Ayr.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7095134.stm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I ride my bike every day, get me from A to B and keeps me fit :cool:

I don't ride like this man though!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7095134.stm

lol, wtf is wrong with the world when a guy is humping an inanimate object in his own bedroom and gets charged and put on sex offenders list.

People, put your vibrators away, RIGHT NOW!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

If you mean dressing up as clowns, busting balloons with high heels and wrestling in play pools full of baked beans PM me now!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

fond of an old sheep are ya? :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Spunge wrote: »

dogging on a whole new level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I remember having a discussion at the Gay Mans Helth Project about my professional view about homosexuality as a pathology. After the outbursts, at the end of the 3 days training they could see my point; as I pointed out some pathologies of my own.
    Could you elaborate on this, genuinely interested.

If you mean dressing up as clowns, busting balloons with high heels and wrestling in play pools full of baked beans PM me now!!!

Pm sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Animal sex is already legal in Denmark, they have brothels for it. It's utterly disgusting. The animals are kept in cages and then just brought out for the "clients".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

We do allow weird sexualities. Just not the illegal ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Pascaldiddly

When it comes to sex btwn humans its either kids or adults but in the middle is teens no sex is alien to them like rocket science sure nevermind sex with someone else theyd never have it with themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

We do allow weird sexualities. Just not the illegal ones.

My dad is short, has more body hair then a gorilla - it's black/grey and wavy - apart from on his head which is mainly bald since we attacked him and removed the come-over, has either been gestating quads since 1972 or is, camel like, storing Murphys in his belly, has skinny legs so white they may actually be dead yet somehow they support that huge gut.

He looks exactly like many Irish men of a certain age...

I assume my mam fancied him. I find that to be an example of weird sexuality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    My dad is short, has more body hair then a gorilla - it's black/grey and wavy - he's bald, has either been gestating quads since 1972 or is, camel like, storing Murphys in his belly, has skinny legs so white they may actually be dead yet somehow they support that huge gut.

He looks exactly like many Irish men of a certain age...

I assume my mam fancied him. I find that to be an example of weird sexuality.

Just because she liked a real man. Why have a six pack when you can have a keg! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

In Lebanon it is Legal to have sex with an animal, but only with a female animal. Sex with a male Animal is punishable by death

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

The condition doesnt creep you out at all as long as it is kept celibate? :confused:

tbh I can see some future lawsuit brought where someone claims just because of their attraction they shouldnt be prevented from becoming a teacher if they keep said attraction celibate, arguing its like a bouncer in a strip bar controlling himself and not demanding sex off the dancers. And you can well see some dim witted equal rights tossers supporting it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement