Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will we ever allow weird sexualities?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I wouldn't concern myself with sexuality, but sexual practice i.e. Fetish ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Could you elaborate on this, genuinely interested.

What would you like me to elaborate on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The condition doesnt creep you out at all as long as it is kept celibate? :confused:
    It is the difference between a thought crime and an actual crime.
    Odysseus wrote: »
    Presumably the bolded bit.
    I remember having a discussion at the Gay Mans Helth Project about my professional view about homosexuality as a pathology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

We all have our fetishes, as long as they are legal they should be explored. Unless its for feet, that is weird.

Having sex with animals just shouldn't be allowed. It's just not right. It's not a sexuality I don't think? Or is it? Are there people who are actually sexually attracted to animals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If I was in power I would allow marriage to multiple women - I think that would be very big o' me! :pac:

Pushtrak wrote: »
    It is the difference between a thought crime and an actual crime.

Presumably the bolded bit.

We will let him answer his own questions eh

syndeyfife wrote: »
    We all have our fetishes, as long as they are legal they should be explored. Unless its for feet, that is weird.

Having sex with animals just shouldn't be allowed. It's just not right. It's not a sexuality I don't think? Or is it? Are there people who are actually sexually attracted to animals?

Yes, and having worked with sex offenders we need them to speak too.

What the hell is wrong with a man having sex with his bike?? In his own bedroom!

He's not harming anyone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

What the hell is wrong with a man having sex with his bike?? In his own bedroom!

What a creepy hotel that they cared. As a previous poster said a vibrator is an inanimate object. Utterly strange law.

In public, I can understand it.

• Advertisement

What a creepy hotel that they cared. As a previous poster said a vibrator is an inanimate object. Utterly strange law.

In public, I can see it.

Exactly, I'd say 90% of The women here have vibrators, yet he shags his bike and gets on the sex offenders list...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 Pascaldiddly

Nah d best bit is how some psycho men are treated like sick animals when others have their girlfriends until they switch to the gay...not a bother it just seems some are trageted for entertainment when it is the hatred and fear of gay from childhood that makes them who they are. Then d psycho women have all the cock they want. Lovelies peace ourahere

Not sure whos fooling who but childhood memories dont obstruct but can,linger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Nah d best bit is how some psycho men are treated like sick animals when others have their girlfriends until they switch to the gay...not a bother it just seems some are trageted for entertainment when it is the hatred and fear of gay from childhood that makes them who they are. Then d psycho women have all the cock they want. Lovelies peace ourahere

Ach minority report ye know buzzin off ur left barnkle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i seen a documentary where a guy would get turned on by BURSTING BALLONS :eek:

Sexuality can be understood as having an AIM and an OBJECT. The aim is always the same, the object however can be anything.

• Advertisement

Have u heard of the band the smell of your pyjamas and the pink fairies.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Animal sex is already legal in Denmark, they have brothels for it. It's utterly disgusting. The animals are kept in cages and then just brought out for the "clients".

Is that true? WTF is wrong with people.

Xmas pud comimg six months early so hot everybody wants a piece of my pie

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Ach minority report ye know buzzin off ur left barnkle
    Have u heard of the band the smell of your pyjamas and the pink fairies.
    Xmas pud comimg six months early so hot everybody wants a piece of my pie

*Liverpool accent*

I have no idea what you're sayin' but I just LOVE your Spanish accent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

How homosexuality is a pathology.

How homosexuality is a pathology.

I'm not being funny but with an injuried hand I not not going over all the centeral concepts of psychoanalysis [as it takes a long essay to explain], it is far from the final answer, but it is availabe to read online. Have a look at Freud's Three Essays on Sexuality it is only a starting point. But if you are really interested as you say you will fly throught. Or a search here should bring up a discussiion I had on the topic a while back.

Ok il go in peace fragile earthlings(when ur cornered man up or bitch out) always remember big deal out of nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I'm not being funny but with an injuried hand I not not going over all the centeral concepts of psychoanalysis

Can you give a summary even? It's just that saying homosexuality is a pathology is quite a bold, sweeping statement to make. It needs some kind of backing up, especially considering the general consensus of mental health professionals (and mental health authorities world-wide) is that homosexuality is not a disorder, and this has been the view for the past 40-odd years.

face1990 wrote: »
    Can you give a summary even? It's just that saying homosexuality is a pathology is quite a bold, sweeping statement to make. It needs some kind of backing up, especially considering the general consensus of mental health professionals (and mental health authorities world-wide) is that homosexuality is not a disorder, and this has been the view for the past 40-odd years.

No I posted about a memory of doing a five day training event with the Gay Mens Health Project and the difference between the reaction between day one and day five.

However, I will see if I can put together something later, I have to go out in a while. Might have time when I get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Animal sex is already legal in Denmark, they have brothels for it. It's utterly disgusting. The animals are kept in cages and then just brought out for the "clients".

Is that true? WTF is wrong with people.

Yep 100% truer google it. There was one of those "change" petitions going round lately trying to get it stopped. Had nightmares for a week after I read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭BeerSteakBirds

Yep 100% truer google it. There was one of those "change" petitions going round lately trying to get it stopped. Had nightmares for a week after I read it.

Jesus H Christ. I now know how to win any kind of drunken or childish argument with a Dane. Next time one tells me that Ireland only had it's low corporation tax going for it I can say well at least we don't live off animal sex tourism. The world is a sick place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

I'm a live and let live type. As long as no one gets hurt, or "thing" get hurt.

I was actually thinking about an article I read about a guy into paving stones. For the record.

As someone who thinks homosexuality is normal like hetro sexuality one feels compelled to not ring fence sexual activity by legal definitions.

That would be weird tbh.

Advertisement