Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which welder?

• 16-06-2012 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Greetings. I need to buy a welder for some light work, making gates and bits and bobs. I wouldn't be the best to weld but am willing to learn! My question is what is the most suitable welder for me to buy? I saw some of those small light ones, and they perform very well. Any advice..Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 flyingfarmer

Aldi 50 euro. Do your jobs nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

By small light ones do you mean inverter welder or the one in lidl or aldi. I got the one in lidl or aldi (think €60 or €80) and while it does weld it was really a waste of money as I now have an inverter welder by thermal arc which can be got for less than €300. It is so easy to weld light or heavy stuff and lovely and light to move about. It will do heavy welding all day no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tools/3225237

Are these any good?

I want something reliable and for as long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭ci985

Had a murex inverter which i thought was a good make would weld fine for an hour or so on 3.2 rods or all day on 2.5 bought a oil cooled set and it will weld all day on 4.0 rods inverter has not been plugged in since!

you need to get good penetration what ever you buy :):) !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭O.A.P

There is plenty of information about them in this thread from a few months back.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77293077

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mf690

I bought termal arc 165amp inverter welder , about 3 years ago. I use it for
    Machinery repairs
    and general bits and pieces .I see one done deal one for €280 in Kilkenny .
    I wouldn't be the best at welding but I find the inverter much easier to use than any other arc welder I used before also get one of the self darkening welding helmets . Much easier to start welding with one.

Advertisement