Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saleen beach wexford

Options
  • 17-06-2012 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Can someone tell me how to get there from Gorey. Travelling from Carlow & just looking to try out some other beaches besides courtown. Is it suitable for small kids and accessiable?

thanks,
    D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MrSausage

The only Saleen I know of is in Waterford-Might well be 1 in Wexford also. Try Curracloe-15 minutes drive from Wexford town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Its between Castletown and Ballymoney which is somewhere north of Courtown past the golf courses not sure where though.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Hi,

Not overly familiar with Saleen beach but a quick Google search turned up the following

Saleen

- This beach is situated half a mile from the Kildermot Crossroads. There is a long lane from the Coastal road to the beach. This lane can be narrow and overgrown in parts, but leads to a lovely unobstructed sandy beach, which is surrounded by caves which are well worth a visit.

The above is taken from

http://www.northwexford.com/lifestyle/beaches-in-gorey-and-north-wexford.html

Sorry I can't be more helpful

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Decoda wrote: »
    Hi,

Not overly familiar with Saleen beach but a quick Google search turned up the following

Saleen

- This beach is situated half a mile from the Kildermot Crossroads. There is a long lane from the Coastal road to the beach. This lane can be narrow and overgrown in parts, but leads to a lovely unobstructed sandy beach, which is surrounded by caves which are well worth a visit.

The above is taken from

http://www.northwexford.com/lifestyle/beaches-in-gorey-and-north-wexford.html

Sorry I can't be more helpful

DC

The above is mostly correct but forget about the caves part. The caves are on a different beach nearby, difficult to get to and often sanded in depending on the tides and currents. Saleen beach is a lovely sandy beach north of Ballymoney (also has good beaches but very busy on a sunny weekend) and is accessed by a long and often very rough laneway. Parking at the end is limited so when you arrive make sure to turn your car before heading to the beach as it might not be so easy when you return if the beach gets busy.
    To get there -
    If you are coming from the Courtown side, drive through Ballymoney and when you get to the landscaped triangle at a crossroads, turn right. Go past the Tara Vale pub, and when you get to the T junction, turn right. After about a mile, at a bend in the road, you'll see a dust track laneway to your right opposite an old stone walled building. This is the laneway to Saleen.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Thanks for replies, have a fair idea where to go. All I need now is good weather!

D

• Advertisement
Advertisement