Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I Sue & Get Money?

• 17-06-2012 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Today I was on a day out from the old folks home with a few of my comrades (I'm 94). I decided to go to the local music shop, to my horror when I got there all of our old favourite records such as Billie Holiday and Bo Diddley were nowhere to be seen.

On questioning a young punk with long hair, he told me that they were in the "Oldies" section. "The Oldies section, you hippie, what they doing there" I said to him. He then told me that I was making a scene and that I would have to leave. On refusing to leave he tried pushing me out the door.

Now, I've been to Vietnam and I've witnessed some ****, but being pushed out the door by a jazz loving hippie takes the biscuit.

I snapped. I punched him in the neck, leaving him in agony. An old war trick I picked up while being a captive of the Viet Cong army.

Then my comrades Bill and Curtis, who are 87 and 92 respectively started hitting him on the head with their tobacco pipes. Suddenly music started playing.

This was the music that was playing.

Suddenly everyone started dancing and singing in synchronization, before I new it the whole store had broke into song. All the over 75's in the store started doing the hokie pokie, it was amazing. A trip down memory lane to my old boogying days. I still haven't lost it.

The young hippie on recovering from my attack, got up and started shouting "No No, stop this music.....it's not as good as My Chemical Romance", I had had enough.

I kung foo chopped him in the face, he collapsed. We made a break for it dancing and singing to the beat of Bo Diddley all the way home.

Now to my question, can I sue this young hippie for being disrespectful to me, an old war veteran?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Get back to the home and take your meds old man !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

The first time you did this type of thread, it was amusing.

Not so much the second time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

Dumb. Unfunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Can I sue for trolling-related emotional trauma?

I'm pretty sure the OP gave me post-traumatic stress disorder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

The first time you did this type of thread, it was amusing.

Not so much the second time around.

Where did I go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Martin, pick a number between 1 and 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Martin, pick a number between 1 and 6.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I was so bored reading the OP I actually had to punch myself in the face to stay awake.

Thank God I did though. Stunning stuff. Pure brilliance.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Why?

Just for fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Why?

Pssst. 3....its the magic number !

• Advertisement

Oh, times up Martin.
    Permabanned.