Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this right to be doing

• 17-06-2012 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

My mom and dad always yell at me for sleeping too much, maybe I do, but is it okay to be studying from 10.00 pm still 1 or 2pm at night.
    Or during the weekend and hoildays from 7am still 2am.. Now to be honest sometimes I just simply give up and sit there.
    While am sleeping at two am only allowed 4 hours sleep... what the fudge is this system they are following.
    Am woren out now and have 3 more exams that I am not movitated to study for.

Is this normal and am I just lazy.
    Or are they crazy and is this a form of child abuse, cause I can't sleep am afriad of being yelled at or even once bet with a cord out of my bed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

Am sorry for spellingand stuff. Hard to do this on a phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

early to bed, early to rise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Everyone goes a bit mental during the leaving cert. Parents included. It's almost done, no need to worry about it after next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

This is a sensitive issue so I can't really give you any personal advice here. All I'll say is everyone is different but the majority of people need around 7-9 hours to function at their best during the day. Any less and you're not really giving your body a chance. Your parents should under no circumstances be beating you out of bed though.

Advertisement