Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

analyser

Options
  • 17-06-2012 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

Ive seen in the house that Ireland has shock sensors that have inertia sensors that need seperate panel analysers. In the Uk individual sensors are powered by the panel and dont need seperate analysers. Do most panels sold in Ireland have built in analysers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Yes. Most panels have analysers Built in. Some panels' expanders aren't though so separate analyser boards can be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Thanks Ive an Ade Accenta mini Im thinking of fitting in a shed, Ive looked at it and it says nothing about analyser just a normally closed zone.

Ive also have a fairly high end Honeywell Galaxy G2 and it has several options, normally closed, and resistance change from something like 1k to 2k ohms using this for a tamper circuit also by being able to detect the different resitances with tamper open and alarm open.

I think in the UK they use shock sensors individually to each zone and in any case each also has a + and - power lead and variable sensitivity and are digital piezo shock detectors not like the Irish sensors that are not powered and seem to be mechanical based.

I guess neither panel have analysers? What is the cheapest analyser available if so,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I would be very cautious about putting shocks in a shed, recipe for false alarms. You can get analysers cheap enough, aprox 20 euro and you can get those electronic vibration sensors too for a bit cheaper. I would suggest a combination of contacts on the entry points and a duel tec PIR to cover movement rather than shocks.

Advertisement