Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats using my windows phone memory?

Options
  • 17-06-2012 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ive synced and deleted all camera videos and photos, i dont have any games loaded or movies. Dont have that many apps loaded, but still 3gb memory being used? How do i find out and delete these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

snaps wrote: »
    Ive synced and deleted all camera videos and photos, i dont have any games loaded or movies. Dont have that many apps loaded, but still 3gb memory being used? How do i find out and delete these?

What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

If it's a Windows Phone 7, open up the Zune software and click on Phone.

At the bottom of the window is a breakdown of disk space being used on your phone. Most likely it's being used up by a category called "Reserved space and other content". This is space that's reserved on your phone for when you download e-mails, calendar appointments, apps and app-info. This space in Zune and on your phone is marked as being "used" to keep it reserved, even though it might not be used at the moment.

You can adjust the amount of space that's reserved. Click on the View Sync Options button underneath the picture of your phone. Click on Reserved Space in the menu that appears to the left, and adjust the slider as you wish.

I think the default is around 5% and I'd be reluctant to bring it lower than that.

Hope that answers your questions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ah so even though its showing its used it may well not be? Thanks, great answer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

snaps wrote: »
    Ah so even though its showing its used it may well not be? Thanks, great answer

You can see accurate amount of memory available by going to settings and about

Advertisement