Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

invisalign retainers

• 17-06-2012 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Almost 2 years since wore invisalign braces.worked well. I still wear the plastic retainers most nights for about 8 hours,was told that only needed to wear one night a week to maintain longterm but I feel I need to wear more. I've noticed that there is permanently a small gap in 2 lower teeth,even first thing after removing retainers and it widens even more by night time. Is it possible the retainers have stretched and are no longer doing their job? Do I need replacements? Had bad experience with clinic I attended so don't want to go back to them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 599 ✭✭✭day dreamer

Hi

you may need new retainers if they are 2 years old. They can wear or break over time

Best to go back to original ortho, if this isn not possible they cost about €100-150 each. Any dentist or ortho should be able to oblige

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

Is retainer adjustment & aftercare not included in Invisalign treatments?

If they are included, how long is "warranty" ?

Advertisement