Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welcome to our 4000 new citizens

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Feckin' Greeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We need more pacific islanders for our rugby team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Imagine Usuain Bolt as wingback on the Tipp football team
    He's be a brilliant footballer, fast, tall and powerful

More of these citizens please, has Usain got any brothers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 57 ✭✭seXmym0nkey

I thought the good sports stars were the offspring of our emigrants who develop in good sporting countries and can them claim to be Irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

can any of them play soccer? it seems our current team need to be replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

We need more black guys.

There I said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

The excerpts from the speech are pretty much identical to the speech I heard when I got my citizenship a few months ago. Funny stuff...

We'll be playing samba soccer soon enough if the Brazilians around Gort are going to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

New rule if you can play sports your in no questions asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

I don't see this thread as ending very well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Probably not, what with the Irish so good at staying at home and developing their own country and society and not f€cking off to another country at the first sign of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

We have two naturalised citizens on our Olympic team: Sanita Puspure, formerly of Latvia, and Andrzej Jezierski, formerly of Poland.

Edited to clarify: they are not part of this group of new citizens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Pherekydes wrote: »
    We have two naturalised citizens on our Olympic team: Sanita Puspure, formerly of Latvia, and Andrzej Jezierski, formerly of Poland.

If they don't win anything, the Indo will have them down as Latvian and Polish, and there will be no mention of them representing Ireland.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If they don't win anything, the Indo will have them down as Latvian and Polish, and there will be no mention of them representing Ireland.

And the retards who lap up that drivel will believe it.

They are Irish now. End of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

The Polish/Irish fella is in the kayaking I think and has a good shot at the medals.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Improbable wrote: »
    The excerpts from the speech are pretty much identical to the speech I heard when I got my citizenship a few months ago. Funny stuff...

congratulations on getting your citizenship.

might i ask, has your fondness for potatoes, guinness, cabbage, and tae increased in the past few months? im just wondering if its something in the nationality. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

jethro081 wrote: »

might i ask, has your fondness for potatoes, guinness, cabbage, and tae increased in the past few months? im just wondering if its something in the nationality. :pac:

Swap that lot for pasta, Dutch Gold, iceberg lettuce and coffee, you would be closer these days!

jethro081 wrote: »

It's actually gone the other way since my friends decided that as a "celebration", they would put some coddle and guinness in a blender and give it to me to drink while I was pissed. The memories of the morning after are not pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Is becoming a naturalised citizen a flag of convenience for their sport ala some of the footballers, they may not get selected for their countries of origin but can get selected for Ireland?

SWL wrote: »
    Is becoming a naturalised citizen a flag of convenience for their sport ala some of the footballers, they may not get selected for their countries of origin but can get selected for Ireland?

I don't know about those 2 in particular but I know some who have done it because they can't make the team in their own countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

phasers wrote: »
    We need more black guys.

There I said it.

Ya because if you are black you must be good at sport, what’s your view on black people in gangs, committing crime or low levels of third level participation in education or are "positive" generalisation the only accurate ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Imagine Usuain Bolt as wingback on the Tipp football team
    He's be a brilliant footballer, fast, tall and powerful

More of these citizens please, has Usain got any brothers?
    That would certainly win us international acclaim, and not a waste of talent in the slightest. Olympic shmympics.

County first, country second :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

4,000 more wasters added to the dole Q.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

donvito99 wrote: »
    Feckin' Greeks!

It's not the Greeks he's after, it's the Chinese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

Comin' over here, takin' our jobs and our women and actin' like they own the feckin' place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

welcome to ireland,we're as f*cked as everywhere else but the handouts are so much better:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Improbable wrote: »
    It's actually gone the other way since my friends decided that as a "celebration", they would put some coddle and guinness in a blender and give it to me to drink while I was pissed. The memories of the morning after are not pleasant.

:eek: The bastards! Never mind the overly woozy hangover the farts must have been appalling. Congrats on the citizenship thing though.

What do you have to do to get Irish Citizenship?
    I know that the States and England have an Exam that you have to pass to get it. Is it the same for Ireland? (As in is it an exam, not is it the same exam)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I hope they are'nt immediately burdened with self loathing and an inferiority complex as soon as the passport office confirms that they are who they claim to be and issue them with irish passports.

Seems to be a common problem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

phasers wrote: »
    We need more black guys.

There I said it.

You know blacks on blondes isn't a true representation of the average size. Its all camera angles and lighting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Don't be so silly. Anyway my opinion is they should all be minced up into burgers and fed to the homeless.

SWL wrote: »

Well, not these two. They are naturalised citizens. This means they are living and working here.

4,000 more wasters added to the dole Q.

What a nonsensical and offensive post.

You know blacks on blondes isn't a true representation of the average size. Its all camera angles and lighting.

And widescreen, blame that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I have it on good authority that Gort is full of Brazilians, I don't think there's any Irish left there at all so it could spell good things for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

ScumLord wrote: »
    I have it on good authority that Gort is full of Brazilians, I don't think there's any Irish left there at all so it could spell good things for the future.

Is that where they hold the annual Veet festival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

TnG have a new fly on the wall "Gort mna"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Sappa wrote: »
    new gene pool

If you are going to start with this "gene pool" bollix I suggest you look at their photographs.

Not exactly lookers there, pal.

We shall see if the Passport Office will issue them passports. Thousands of "new Irish" still waiting for passports as the office does not believe them to be who they say they are.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Just saw two swans swimming with their 3 baby swans. Poor things don't stand a chance now.

Have you actually asked the two Olympians in question what nationality they see themselves as, or are you just regurgitating pc nonsense ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

IrishAm wrote: »
    If you are going to start with this "gene pool" bollix I suggest you look at their photographs.

Not exactly lookers there, pal.

:pac:

Beauty, like ugliness, is often in the eye of the beholder. They might not be that impressed with a picture of you - or you ma - either.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    Beauty, like ugliness, is often in the eye of the beholder. They might not be that impressed with a picture of you - or you ma - either.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah? Well I ain't being held up as an improvement of a foreign nations gene pool.

I suggest you retract the "or you ma" remark. Have some respect.

mike65 wrote: »
    Probably not, what with the Irish so good at staying at home and developing their own country and society and not f€cking off to another country at the first sign of trouble.

Aren't you the english lad who stated that he hoped Irish soccer supporters get "smashed" up by Polish hooligans over at the euros?

Let that hatred out, pal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah, kind of the way the Brits referred to Barry McGuigan, when he won he was British and when he lost he was Irish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

There are a few Irish left in Gort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Sappa wrote: »
    With our disappointing Irish soccer results,let us hope this new gene pool can provide some decent sport stars for the future.
    At least people still want to come and live here and we are increasing our population.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/4000-people-from-110-countries-delighted-to-receive-irish-citizenship-3139241.html

Those three Africans in that photo look as happy as lottery winners. Oh, wait.

Where were all these Ireland lovers in the early 90s when we had crap dole payments?

Its amazing that tens of thousands of Ireland lovers crept out of the woodwork as soon as things picked up a bit.

What a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Seanchai

Yeah, kind of the way the Brits referred to Barry McGuigan, when he won he was British and when he lost he was Irish.

In fairness, McGuigan, who was not gifted with intelligence even on his best days, became a British citizen to advance his career. The same cannot be said for the vast, vast majority of other Irish people whom the British media claim as British. I think it was Brenda Fricker who famously responded something like 'If I were lying drunk in Heathrow Airport, I'd be called Irish but when I win an Oscar they call me British".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

We need more Australian men!:mad:

Wait. we're talking about soccer here?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

IrishAm wrote: »
    Where were all these Ireland lovers in the early 90s when we had crap dole payments?
    Well seeing as 1990 was 20 years ago I'd imagine they may well have been in school.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement