Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welcome to our 4000 new citizens

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,679 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

1ZRed wrote: »
    We need more Australian men!:mad:

Wait. we're talking about soccer here?:confused:

I work with an Aussie guy, the only reason he is here though is because his other half is Irish. No other reason someone would leave a country like Australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

ScumLord wrote: »
    Well seeing as 1990 was 20 years ago I'd imagine they may well have been in school.

Dreaming of Ireland, no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

4,000 more wasters added to the dole Q.
    Fran17 wrote:
    welcome to ireland,we're as f*cked as everywhere else but the handouts are so much bettersmile.gif.

Lovely stuff.

IrishAm wrote: »
    Where were all these Ireland lovers in the early 90s when we had crap dole payments?

Its amazing that tens of thousands of Ireland lovers crept out of the woodwork as soon as things picked up a bit.

What a coincidence.

Well its a Sunday evening and we could do with a bit of intellecual discourse. Perhaps you could explain that theory of yours where the Jews are behind it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hadn't seen a queue outside The Convention Centre like the one on Thursday morning since Jedward appeared down there last year. A lot of happy people walking round the IFSC for the day though after the performance in Poland later that night I'd say some of them felt like handing back in their Irishness :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Considering that being a productive member of society and not lounging about on the "dole" is a requirement for the granting of Citizenship on these fair shores, I'd say those 4000 people are contributing considerably to the welfare of many of those bitching in this thread. :)

Mena wrote: »
    Considering that being a productive member of society and not lounging about on the "dole" is a requirement for the granting of Citizenship on these fair shores, I'd say those 4000 people are contributing considerably to the welfare of many of those bitching in this thread. :)

Not anymore. You can be on the dole and still receive citizenship.

Shatter changed things up. Three years work and you are game ball no matter how long you were on the scratcher.

Hes dished out citizenship to circa 30,000 "new Irish" citizens in just over a year. 8,000 more will receive it over the next two months.

All the while indigenous Irish people are forced abroad. Its population displacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Have you actually asked the two Olympians in question what nationality they see themselves as, or are you just regurgitating pc nonsense ?

Well, they hold Irish citizenship, they live here and they'll be representing Ireland at the Olympics. No regurgitating of PC nonsense.

Do I sense a bit of xenophobia?

Not anymore. You can be on the dole and still receive citizenship.

You've a source for that....?

• Advertisement

If you are going to start with this "gene pool" bollix I suggest you look at their photographs.

Ah, what's up? Don't you like the idea of miscegenation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Yay!:P

Don't listen to the exenophobes who come out of the woodwork screaming about entitlements and doles, so on so forth, that this thread will attract:)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

We need more pacific islanders for our rugby team.

Just do what the kiwis do - have special immigration schemes with some of the pacific island countries, and allow people born in some of the islands citizenship :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Where were all these Ireland lovers in the early 90s when we had crap dole payments?

Its amazing that tens of thousands of Ireland lovers crept out of the woodwork as soon as things picked up a bit.

What a coincidence.

Well, I would have been at school in New Zealand...
    I naturalised in February. Pretty much will stay here because OH bought a house now in negative equity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 D3V1L

What a coincidence.

What's the problem with people disagreeing with massive non-white immigration into a white country. Do white people not deserve to decide their own destiny. seriously what's the issue if white people want to remain white. Is it asking to much that we basically want our descendants to look like us,to think like us to have the same principles to like the same music.

D3V1L wrote: »
    What's the problem with people disagreeing with massive non-white immigration into a white country. ......

Because its ignorant racism of the worst order?

We don't have "massive non-white immigration" here either.

• Advertisement

What's the problem with people disagreeing with massive non-white immigration into a white country.

I know you're only playing to the INP gallery, but what is a white country?

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I know you're only playing to the INP gallery, but what is a white country?

A country that's indigenous people are white, I guess.

Nodin wrote: »
    Because its ignorant racism of the worst order?

We don't have "massive non-white immigration" here either.

If I were asian and in tibet & objecting to massive non tibetian immigration, would you call me racist? After all i am only trying to preserve the posterity my people.

If I were asian and in tibet & objecting to massive non tibetian immigration, would you call me racist? After all i am only trying to preserve the posterity my people.

You seem to be confusing "immigration" as goes on all around the world, with "colonisation" which is thankfully a far rarer bird than it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

What's the problem with people disagreeing with massive non-white immigration into a white country. Do white people not deserve to decide their own destiny. seriously what's the issue if white people want to remain white. Is it asking to much that we basically want our descendants to look like us,to think like us to have the same principles to like the same music.

I'm white, I've been white pretty much my whole life. I'm pretty sure non-white emmigration, massive or otherwise isn't going to change that.
    Furthermore, the white people of this country do not speak with one voice. Just because you, a white person have reservations about 'dem blacks' doesn't mean no one wants their descendants to have a tan.

And feck off about destiny. You don't get to decide my destiny or the destiny of my people.

• Advertisement

Yes, you'd still be a racist. If you were complaining about Chinese occupation which seems to be the clumsy analogy you're trying to make that wouldn't necessarily make you a racist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Have you actually asked the two Olympians in question what nationality they see themselves as, or are you just regurgitating pc nonsense ?

Generally people don't seek to actively become another nationality unless they identify as that nationality, so I'd imagine they see themselves as somewhat Irish.

Because "whiteness" is the only aspect there that's hereditary. Principles and taste in music are entire culture-bound. If people found our culture so anathema they wouldn't move here, they'd either stay at home or move to a country with similar values to them. Any immigrant I've met, or non-Irish student studying here but who would like to stay after graduation really likes the country, the culture and the people and doesn't want to actively change it. Also cultures and value systems are constantly changing- who are we to say "now we've reached the pinnacle of humanity here in Ireland and we won't change any further please and thank you"? By welcoming new people into the country you make them feel included and like ours is a country worth living in, so they won't feel ostracised and stick within their own communities and form ghettoes. Then there won't be a resentment towards the state or the people of Ireland and immigrants wont feel the need to dramatically change aspects of our culture. I think it's so charming when you see and hear immigrants using Irish idioms and expressions which show they've really gotten used to being here, I heard an Indian doctor telling me he'd be "bollocksed out of it" by his boss if he did X, Y or Z.

Also something which is often overlooked in these threads: The vast majority of immigrants to Ireland are from the UK, and as much as "ooh ah up the RA" heads like to disbelieve, our cultures are quite similar.

I don't see Irish National Identity disappearing in a puff of smoke anytime soon.

Nodin wrote: »
    You seem to be confusing "immigration" as goes on all around the world, with "colonisation" which is thankfully a far rarer bird than it was.

Pherekydes are you paying attention Nodin also has now informed you of what a white country is by pointing to our history as colonists. See you have no problem Nodin of identifying white people when you need an excuse to justify your arguments that help along the agenda which leads to white people not existing any longer i.e massive non white immigration and forced assimilation & integration of the white children with all the worlds immigrants. That's genocide why are you anti-white. Why do you use these excuses to imply we have lost our right to preserve our people. Why do you hate white children so much?

Sweet Jesus.

Why do you hate white children so much?

Won't somebody please think of the children?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Bisi Michael was looking forward to heading home to put on his Irish tricolour trousers and cheer on the boys in green in the European Championships against Spain.

welcome to Ireland Bisi.
    Get used to the dissapointment.

There are two more shindigs planned for July and August.

A further 8,000 new citizens will attend.

Since taking office, Shatter will have dished out citizenship to circa 40,000 people.

Thousands of whom have yet to receive their passports, as their documentation was false and the office do not believe them to be whom they say they are.

Pherekydes are you paying attention Nodin also has now informed you of what a white country is by pointing to our history as colonists. See you have no problem Nodin of identifying white people when you need an excuse to justify your arguments that help along the agenda which leads to white people not existing any longer i.e massive non white immigration and forced assimilation & integration of the white children with all the worlds immigrants. That's genocide why are you anti-white. Why do you use these excuses to imply we have lost our right to preserve our people. Why do you hate white children so much?

You spout a lot of ****e for a new poster. You also need to look up the meaning of the word genocide.

How many pure bred white kids have you produced? Better get on the job and create your aryan nation.

There are two more shindigs planned for July and August.

A further 8,000 new citizens will attend.

Since taking office, Shatter will have dished out citizenship to circa 40,000 people.

Thousands of whom have yet to receive their passports, as their documentation was false and the office do not believe them to be whom they say they are.

Bit of a contradiction there. If Shatter dished out 40k citizenship papers then their documentation isn't false.

Your numbers seem a bit excessive. Minister Shatter claimed responsibility for 23000 naturalisations in April. Add on last week's 4k plus the 8k later on and we're at 35k. Where did you get the 40k from?

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide Article 1 The Contracting Parties confirm that genocide, whether committed in time of peace or in time of war, is a crime under international law which they undertake to prevent and to punish. Article 2 In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group. See (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; Flooding White nations with 100's of millions of non-whites & calling for assimilation & integration of the whites with all the non-whites is genocide. It would be in Africa it would be in China but if i tell the truth of the obvious ongoing program of genocide against my race the white race liberals & respectable conservatives call me a "racist" or a "evilnazi". They call themselves anti-racist what they are is anti-white. Anti-racist IS just code-word for anti-white

• Advertisement

Bit of a contradiction there. If Shatter dished out 40k citizenship papers then their documentation isn't false.

Tell that to the Passport Office.

Metro Éireann has learned that the Passport Office doubts that some of the documents supplied with the applications, such as birth and marriage certificates, are genuine – despite being accepted by the Department of Justice in granting them citizenship.

Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide Article 1 The Contracting Parties confirm that genocide, whether committed in time of peace or in time of war, is a crime under international law which they undertake to prevent and to punish. Article 2 In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group. See (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; Flooding White nations with 100's of millions of non-whites & calling for assimilation & integration of the whites with all the non-whites is genocide. It would be in Africa it would be in China but if i tell the truth of the obvious ongoing program of genocide against my race the white race liberals & respectable conservatives call me a "racist" or a "evilnazi". They call themselves anti-racist what they are is anti-white. Anti-racist IS just code-word for anti-white

No it's not. You have no evidence to suggest that one party is attempting to wipe out another ethnicity. Unless you think the (predominantly white) governments of European Countries are deliberately trying to flood their countries with non-whites to "exterminate" the "Native" white citizens.

There are good reasons for restricting immigration- economics and resources are two good ones- if we don't have the jobs, social welfare, schools and hospitals to support a massive influx of immigrants then yes it should be restricted. But to restrict immigration due to some nebulous notion of "white culture" is nonsensical and ridiculous.

You couldn't make this **** up.

6 posts.

What, are you on holiday from stormfront?

Tell that to the Passport Office.

The error is obviously on the part of the Passport Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Piste wrote: »
    Generally people don't seek to actively become another nationality unless they identify as that nationality, so I'd imagine they see themselves as somewhat Irish.

Because "whiteness" is the only aspect there that's hereditary. Principles and taste in music are entire culture-bound. If people found our culture so anathema they wouldn't move here, they'd either stay at home or move to a country with similar values to them. Any immigrant I've met, or non-Irish student studying here but who would like to stay after graduation really likes the country, the culture and the people and doesn't want to actively change it. Also cultures and value systems are constantly changing- who are we to say "now we've reached the pinnacle of humanity here in Ireland and we won't change any further please and thank you"? By welcoming new people into the country you make them feel included and like ours is a country worth living in, so they won't feel ostracised and stick within their own communities and form ghettoes. Then there won't be a resentment towards the state or the people of Ireland and immigrants wont feel the need to dramatically change aspects of our culture. I think it's so charming when you see and hear immigrants using Irish idioms and expressions which show they've really gotten used to being here, I heard an Indian doctor telling me he'd be "bollocksed out of it" by his boss if he did X, Y or Z.

Also something which is often overlooked in these threads: The vast majority of immigrants to Ireland are from the UK, and as much as "ooh ah up the RA" heads like to disbelieve, our cultures are quite similar.

I don't see Irish National Identity disappearing in a puff of smoke anytime soon.

I think you are mistaken on the bold part of your contribution, spoke to a athlete today, he believes the its more to do with better funding rather than any "irishness" that lead one of the athletes to "declare" for Ireland.

Also they are entitled under Irish law to have dual citizenship so if you can get to Olympic standard in a given sport why would a EU citizen apply for Irish citizenship unless financially it was in their interest, nothing to do with a love for Ireland it appears and to think any different I believe is naive.

The error is obviously on the part of the Passport Office.

You are some beaut.

Thousands of "new Irish" have yet to receive their passports due to the office not believing the documentation they received, was genuine. Yep, must be the Passport Offices fault. Definitely not Shatters department. Not like he was in a rush to clear the backlog or anything, like.......

SWL wrote: »
    I think you are mistaken on the bold part of your contribution, spoke to a athlete today, he believes the its more to do with better funding rather than any "irishness" that lead one of the athletes to "declare" for Ireland.

Also they are entitled under Irish law to have dual citizenship so if you can get to Olympic standard in a given sport why would a EU citizen apply for Irish citizenship unless financially it was in their interest, nothing to do with a love for Ireland it appears and to think any different I believe is naive.

Yeah I could see why an olympian would go for Irish citizenship because of better sports facilities and funding, but olympic athletes are in the overwhelming minority of immigrants granted citizenship.

[QUOTE=Piste;79259789 immigrants granted citizenship.[/QUOTE]

Its the golden ticket for a non EU citizen. Since the Lemiere v The MoJ court case these new citizens can now bring over all their dependant family members and the Irish state can do the square root of fuck all about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I have found that 90% of immigrants contribute fairly to society, but it's the final 10% that let's the whole job down. The 'lazy' coloured people, the ' ignorant' Eastern Europens. Then every immigrant is painted with the one brush.

We have plenty of lazy and ignorant bred right here to! Bit of tolerance is needed both sides here. The immigrants need to adjust to life here, accept it's a mainly Catholic country, work hard if they can and respect their new home.

This also goes to the Irish to accept other people's beliefs and culture and just show a bit of love very now and then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Its the golden ticket for a non EU citizen.

Yep. Make the olympics and you're sorted for life. Alternatively they could just become a millionaire, astronaut or a nobel laureate.

What are you on about?

Its the golden ticket for a non EU citizen. Since the Lemiere v The MoJ court case these new citizens can now bring over all their dependant family members and the Irish state can do the square root of fuck all about it.

To be honest, if we got an influx of Olympic athletes into this country it would probably be no bad thing.

Piste wrote: »
    To be honest, if we got an influx of Olympic athletes into this country it would probably be no bad thing.

I didnt mean olympic athletes, I meant non EU citizens in general. I fucked up the quote I meant to reply to. :) Those that obtained citizenship can now bring over all their dependant family members and the state can do nothing to stop it(see Lemiere vs MoJ).

I propose some sort of gene/racial profiling for future incumbent citizens.

Done in the best possible taste of course...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

I didnt mean olympic athletes, I meant non EU citizens in general. I fucked up the quote I meant to reply to. smile.gif Those that obtained citizenship can now bring over all their dependant family members and the state can do nothing to stop it(see Lemiere vs MoJ).

Sorry, but do you have a source for that? And is it really a bad thing if someone who has become and IRish national brought over his family?

And also, I find your smiley face oddly disturbing...

• Advertisement

The source is the recent court case I mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I think it's great to see people who've lived and worked here for years becoming Irish citizens. If they've made this country their home, why shouldn't they become citizens? Some of them would be people who came here as children/teens with their parents and essentially grew up here.
    I don't know why people seem to think that they just shipped up here the morning of the ceremony and became citizens on the spot... They've been here years (and probably filled jobs that the Irish didn't want during the good years).

We've always been a nation of emigrants and plenty of Irish people have now got American, Canadian, Australian, British, etc. nationality over the years. Sad to see people being so anti-immigrant when a large amount of our ancestors wouldn't have survived without immigration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

4,000 more wasters added to the dole Q.
    Have people just given up on trying to spell the word queue now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

They should have to drink red lemonade as part of the ceremony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

We'll include Taytos too

If they want Walkers well they can head to the UK and apply for citizenship there

Taytos is non-negoitable

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement