Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Welcome to our 4000 new citizens

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Nodin wrote: »
    There is no scientific term or ethnic group known as "blacks". It's a derogatory and belittling term. Why are you using it?

"Blacks" is derogatory now, is it? According to who? News to me. What is the Newspeak term for blacks these days? The Thought Police strike again.

You have tried to dodge my question. I politely answered yours. What nationality are Orangemen and would you welcome them into Ireland? Would you march down O'Connell St with them and celebrate their culture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

What a ridiculous argument! Who is forcing you to mate with a non-white person so that your kids come out tan or some other colour?!
    If you really loveyour colour so much then mate with a white person and you'll have white kids (which i'm sure you do).

As for others, what right do you or anyone have to force anyone to fall in love with only a person of certain colour/race so that their blood lines remain "pure"?!
    If someone wants to marry a black person or a chinese person, its their wish and their rights. Who are you or the government to stoP them?!

Genocide happens when someone forcefully destroys a gruop of people. No ne is forcing anything on anyone here. If you want to preserve your "race and culture" then marry within your "race and culture". Someobe else who doesn't care about race or culture if free to do as they wish and no one can stop them.

How the hell would an influx of people from different nationalities and culture destroy the "white race and Irish culture" when no one is or can force all the white Irish people to mate with the "non-white foreign type"???!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Eramen wrote: »
    Actually the yuppies would be supporting your claim to your land and opposing the Chinese.. See reality.

The problem is 'anti-racists' (as they call themselves) only recognize the ethnic interests and rights of non-European originated peoples, which makes 'anti-racists' patently racist.

That's right, anti-racism is usually racist, at least in the popular form we see today that has become a political movement, whose purpose (to government and corporations) is simply a tool for further economic globalisation aka nation robbing.

Anti-racism is racism? This drivel beggars belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Eramen

I don't find it necessary to construct an argument against rambling, incoherent bullshit.

Belittling it is the appropriate response.

And in return you also belittle the act of genocide. Nice one :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 D3V1L

Sappa wrote: »
    I was once this White child and as were my friends at one time I have no hatred for any child but respect them all regardless of colour.
    I asked you a qurlestion but are you unable to answer it,would you date a coloured or Asian lady and have mixed race kids?

See this is a usual ploy interjected into the debates we have on these issues. But there is a bigger picture first you accept the flooding of our nations with people of different race's then you try & assimilate us. Here it is again with this question your putting into White peoples heads. Are white people wrong to answer no to that question, after all they are just self loving White people what in the world is wrong with that? Why do you feel the need to ask us to assimilate with non-Whites, Do you go to Africans in Africa & ask them to assimilate or are you only anti-white?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

@DV31L am I to believe by your silence that you would not consider dating a person of mixed race as it would lead to a breaking of your sacred White gene pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

D3V1L wrote: »
    Go do your homework my friend the "anti-racists" really anti-Whites always use the excuse we don't exist. Only ever do they call White children "social constructs" & ask them to become assimilated with all the worlds immigrants they must hate white children to be bringing about a system where we can't sustain our posterity. All the excuses they use lead to the same end, white people not existing anymore. It's not just mass immigration its also all this forced assimilation & integration. Why are only white countries been targeted by this system?

I dont recall ever being forced to assimilate or integrate with any particular group of people. I have friends who happen to be chinese, some african, australian and greek to name a few. No one is operating under some agenda to stomp out the white race. In fact, most of them by choice date within their own ethinicity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You are a piece of work. I've broken it down above and exposed your lies. How can you claim you didn't lie when you've quoted the post where I've show you've lied?

You claimed I said only White Irish can be patriots. I did not say this. Therefore you lied.

I did not say you claimed only white Irish can be patriots, so that is a lie on your part.

I did ask you a question about your use of the word "patriot", which you haven't answered yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Do you go to Africans in Africa & ask them to assimilate

The Algerians speak French and the Kenyans speak English because they were forced to assimilate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 D3V1L

@DV31L am I to believe by your silence that you would not consider dating a person of mixed race as it would lead to a breaking of your sacred White gene pool.

Why do you hate the idea of a White gene pool, Do you hate the idea of a Black gene pool, a Chinese gene pool or are you in favor of them because there not White. You would call yourself an "Anti-racist" but that's just a codeword for anti-White.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

And in return you also belittle the act of genocide. Nice one :rolleyes:

Oh genocide is it? Well nice to see it's all hands to action stations here in cretinous bullshit central.

Where there an actual genocide you might, and I stress might, have a point, but this imagined horseshit does not get a free pass just because you've decided to pick up on the word genocide while ignoring the large pile of hysterical nonsense that it's a part of.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

In fact, most of them by choice date within their own ethinicity.

true, they integrate very well

Pherekydes wrote: »
    I did not say you claimed only white Irish can be patriots, so that is a lie on your part.

Please see your post #114.
    Admit that I did not claim only White Irish can be patriots and we can move on. No grudges held.
    Also I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion about our "new citizens":
    Most are living and working here for years, so they are already benefiting the country
    Do you have a source for that?
    I did ask you a question about your use of the word "patriot", which you haven't answered yet.

I used the word patriot because it means someone who loves and supports their country. Would you prefer I use a synonym?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Do you think the Irish just appeared spontaneously on this island? Nope, we migrated here.

As did the native Americans and aborigines in Australia at one stage. Would you tell them they are not indigenous people? Like fuck you would. A study conducted in 2000 showed that some 90% of Irish people are direct descendants from the first inhabitants of this island. If that doesn't make us a indigenous people, I don't know what does.

@Smash the Unions. they wouldn't get citizenship if they were'nt paying their taxes and were living off social services.

Of course it is, anti-racism and racism are at their roots the same form of ideological tribalism.

Racism is tribalism with the tribe defined as a certain ethnic group.

Anti-Racism is tribalism with specific forms of humanity defined as the tribal group.

Both have led to untold misfortunes and suffering upon the humanity of all peoples. Both are racist tribalism.

'Anti-racists'
    want to create a 'Pan-human race' aka "The human race" (humans are a species are they not..? just goes to show how far it's gone) as the higher racial superior value instead of acknowledging each race for it's inherent beauty and dignity in themselves and their actions.

What is the difference between the anti-racists superior human-race value and the superior Arab, European or Asian that were attempted to be made superior in the past? There is no difference! IT'S THE EXACT SAME TYPE OF RACISM!

Anti-racists seek to crush all human diversity, Irish, French, Japanese, Ghanaian, Indian et al, and impose a sterile 'sameness' upon the whole world, without regard for special differences, or culture, family, language and customs. All these things are irrelevant to anti-racists anyhow, they see culture as little more than a 'utility' or 'product' to be bought and sold at any time, instead these things are really the soul of a people where they find their truest expression. The anti-racists view of the world is very superficial..

While humanity is for the most part similar, the same wants and needs, we acquire them in different fashions akin to our nature. We are not all the same, this is drivel, and we are better for it. In the end it is our differences with make us who we are as a person and as distinct peoples. Anti-racism does not account for this in any way beyond a silly 'feel-good' mentality. I never met an anti-racist who spoke with love for his own people or any other. It shows.

And what is all this Political Anti-Racism done for?! So our governments and sell us out as peoples, nations and cultures to greedy corporate rackets that rob us?! For Shame!

You are possibly just too much on an ideologue to see it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Most are living and working here for years, so they are already benefiting the country.
    Do you have a source for that?

It's the whole point of the thread Smash
    People applied for citizenship, the process took a number of years and now they have been successful

Did you read post one?
    The Nigerian lady who works for the HSE and the nurse from the Philippines or the other Filipino who had to wait three years before she could marry her Irish husband

You are asking for info that is in post 1

Why do you hate the idea of a White gene pool, Do you hate the idea of a Black gene pool, a Chinese gene pool or are you in favor of them because there not White. You would call yourself an "Anti-racist" but that's just a codeword for anti-White.
    You still haven't answered the question,would you marry a lady if you met this amazing girl who happened to be none White knowing your kids would be of mixed race.
    A simple yes or no

If Fr.Paddy O'Paddy moved to Uganda for five years to help the poor there, acquired Ugandan citizenship, moved back here and referred to himself as an african with his thick Cork accent, would anyone take him seriously and consider him an african?

@Smash the Unions. they wouldn't get citizenship if they were'nt paying their taxes and were living off social services.
    That's not entirely true,if they are on social welfare the immigration does not take this into account,the minister highlighted this fact last year.
    They have to meet the criteria of being legally here.

• Advertisement

You still haven't answered the question,would you marry a lady if you met this amazing girl who happened to be none White knowing your kids would be of mixed race.
    A simple yes or no

i would :) but i don't know many who have considering theres a lot of immigrants here. i still think theres an integration problem. either they're scared, be it religion, family pride, or we're scared.

You are wrong.

Thousands of these new Irish still haven't received citizenship, as the Passport Office do not believe them to be whom they say they are.

Kinda casts a few doubts over the oul background checks, that.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    The Nigerian lady who works for the HSE and the nurse from the Philippines or the other Filipino who had to wait three years before she could marry her Irish husband

So, because two of those interviewed work for the H.S.E everyone of the 40,000 Shatter bestowed Irish citizenship upon, to date, are working.

That's wonderful logic. Do you honestly think the author of this good news piece would print up an interview with a lad on welfare?

'Anti-racists' want to create a 'Pan-human race' aka "The human race"

Or, and bear with me cos this is very complex stuff, they just want people to not be dicks to other people on the basis of something as fucking trivial as their skin colour.

But i guess this "anti-racism is racism" fuckology lets you bullshit lyrical for longer, so I can see why it mightn't appeal.

Gentlemen, it appears we have a number of "seagull" posters in this thread - they dip in and out as they please. They throw around a few accusations and persistently ask questions, then when challenged on it, they leave.

Nodin has yet to answer my question posed to him in post #152

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭purplepanda

[QUOTE
    [/QUOTE]

Would Mohammed Ali's forthright opinions would be considered racist if spoken by a white person???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

IrishAm wrote: »
    Yeah? Well I ain't being held up as an improvement of a foreign nations gene pool.

??:confused::confused: I speculate that you mean "foreign nation's gene pool".

Isn't it a bit presumptuous to think you would improve any foreign nation's gene pool? :pac::pac::pac:

I suggest you retract the "or you ma" remark. Have some respect.

For what or whom? If you mean your clearly xenophobic views and disrespect for our new fellow-citizens, I'm afraid those are things I could never respect in anyone. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

He will. Maybe hes back to work or popped off for his lunch break. Nodin doesn't dodge questions, Il give him that.

You are wrong.

Thousands of these new Irish still haven't received citizenship, as the Passport Office do not believe them to be whom they say they are.

Kinda casts a few doubts over the oul background checks, that.

Does that not mean those who did get the citizenshipare honest people??

• Advertisement

Or, and bear with me cos this is very complex stuff, they just want people to not be dicks to other people on the basis of something as fucking trivial as their skin colour.

But i guess this "anti-racism is racism" fuckology lets you bullshit lyrical for longer, so I can see why it mightn't appeal.

Then you are being used.. simple as. But then again political anti-racism is always racism as I pointed out. I guess you didn't read.

Colour of skin? What has that got to do with anything? Are you trying to say race is not real / doesn't matter?

Colour of skin is not race. My skin can go from red to pale white, but my race remains the same. It appears you are confused.

Race is very important, it reflects something much deeper and is of value to people all over the world. It's part of what makes people who they are.

You deny them this right of self, because you are a political anti-racism racist.

Does that not mean those who did get the citizenshipare honest people??

Did I say that? But thousands obviously aren't.

At least in the eyes of the Passport Office.

[QUOTE

Would Mohammed Ali's forthright opinions would be considered racist if spoken by a white person???[/QUOTE]

That interview took place back when he was in Nation of Islam which was a fairly racist organization. Since then he has left NoI and has changed his opinions regarding such issues.

[QUOTE

Would Mohammed Ali's forthright opinions would be considered racist if spoken by a white person???[/QUOTE]

Only by those with an inferiority complex or lazy white westerners want to claim 'victim status' via being 'offended' (hey, it pays! One gets brownie points and 'respect')

these background checks, ok easy enough to do for the time theyve been here, but... how can they know if the background check in their home country is legit? i don't know how its done so...

Did I say that? But thousands obviously aren't.

At least in the eyes of the Passport Office.

If the ones who didn't the passport are the ones with the dodgy background should mean the 4000 or so ones who got it are clear and honest now, doesn't it?

• Advertisement

If the ones who didn't the passport are the ones with the dodgy background should mean the 4000 or so ones who got it are clear and honest now, doesn't it?

No, it doesn't and it clearly shows that you haven't a breeze about the process. The thousands who were denied passports attended a ceremony just like last Saturday's one. They got their certificate of naturalisation. No passports are issued at the ceremony. They then had to apply for their passport in the Passport Office and were refused due to their paperwork not being genuine. This is after Shatter bestowed citizenship upon them.

So, the question is, who exactly is Shatter dishing out citizenship to and why is he accepting paperwork, by the thousands, that the Passport Office does not believe to be genuine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Well from my personal experience, the background checks were quite extensive, even with the rapid increase of the pace at which citizenships are granted. Just as a couple of examples, the passports were checked to make sure that there was no period of illegal residence in the country, tax forms had to be submitted and resubmitted. There were also quite a few documents required from the country where I was born, and these all had to be translated by a sworn translator into English and then had to go through a solicitor who would validate the authenticity of the translation. That's just a few examples, though there were many many more. I actually had to send them about a box worth of documents in the end.

That's not to say of course that documents like that are fool-proof and account for every possible way in which someone might be lying, but as far as background checks go, they were pretty stringent.

Oh, and in answer to a previous question, no there was no exam of any kind. I did notice a few people at the ceremony that I was at that would have definitely struggled to pass an exam like the ones the USA and Canada make you take.

Then you are being used.. simple as. But then again political anti-racism is always racism as I pointed out. I guess you didn't read.

Oh good we've finally got to the core of this, you think you're a clever lad and people who don't agree with your conclusions are being 'used'.
    Marvellous.

Colour of skin is not race. My skin can go from red to pale white, but my race remains the same. It appears you are confused.

Not in the fucking slightest.
    And stop pretending that common turns of phrase confuse you, you're fooling nobody.

Race is very important, it reflects something much deeper and is of value to people all over the world. It's part of what makes people who they are.

Where did I say anything to the contrary of that?
    Come on clever boy, show your workings. Or is it time to start admitting your just running your mouth against things that aren't being said just so you can maintain this act of being ever so smart?

You deny them this right of self, because you are a political anti-racism racist.

Fuck off with that nonsense.
    "deny them this right of self"? Do you honestly fucking expect me not to notice that you're just inventing this as you go along then arguing against it as if your imaginings are what I said?

Grow up kid, your embarrassing yourself.

Grow up kid, your embarrassing yourself.

You are 'against racism' but not ageism?

:eek:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The Anti-racism is racism brigade I believe!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

If Fr.Paddy O'Paddy moved to Uganda for five years to help the poor there, acquired Ugandan citizenship, moved back here and referred to himself as an african with his thick Cork accent, would anyone take him seriously and consider him an african?

If he's okay with being Ugandan, what's the problem? Same as somebody born in Ireland, going to America and applying for US citizenship after a few years, don't see the problem.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Improbable wrote: »
    Well from my personal experience, the background checks were quite extensive, even with the rapid increase of the pace at which citizenships are granted. Just as a couple of examples, the passports were checked to make sure that there was no period of illegal residence in the country, tax forms had to be submitted and resubmitted. There were also quite a few documents required from the country where I was born, and these all had to be translated by a sworn translator into English and then had to go through a solicitor who would validate the authenticity of the translation. That's just a few examples, though there were many many more. I actually had to send them about a box worth of documents in the end.

That's not to say of course that documents like that are fool-proof and account for every possible way in which someone might be lying, but as far as background checks go, they were pretty stringent.

Oh, and in answer to a previous question, no there was no exam of any kind. I did notice a few people at the ceremony that I was at that would have definitely struggled to pass an exam like the ones the USA and Canada make you take.

I read in the Indo a couple of weeks back that a significant portion of the applicants had their applications returned to them by the civil service because they did not have all of their documents in order to comply with standard procedures. Trying to find it again.

Then Shatter fast-tracked them anyway.. It was obvious many shouldn't have have been given citizenship, thus the ruckus over it. How was this possible is the next logical question and then stop it..

You are 'against racism' but not ageism?

:eek:;)

I'm "against" stupid shit.

Feel free to view that through whatever prism that gave you the "don't much care for racism? SURPRISE! YOU'RE THE RACIST" catastrofuck of an idea.

Gentlemen, it appears we have a number of "seagull" posters in this thread - they dip in and out as they please. They throw around a few accusations and persistently ask questions, then when challenged on it, they leave.

Seagulls are fukken pests. They stole my ice cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've locked this thread as it's gotten far too silly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement