Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend boots or bandages?

Options
  • 17-06-2012 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭

I noticed a pony I'm schooling is occasionally catching her off side fetlock with her near side hoof. She hasn't broken the skin but obviously it's a concern. I've never used any type of boots before on a horse but I'm looking at getting her some fetlock boots. Can anyone recommend a brand? I'm finding the choice a bit overwhelming! Something I can throw in the washing machine when they get filthy would be a bonus. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Front or hind legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Oops, sorry I meant her hind legs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

Anything eskadron, best fit out of all of them really, and won't quite break the bank either!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

mothoin wrote: »
    Anything eskadron, best fit out of all of them really, and won't quite break the bank either!

Have to agree, they last forever too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Just a quick update to say I got a pair of Eskadron boots for the mare. I don't think she's ever worn boots before because her reaction to wearing them was quite funny but they fit perfectly and already have a few small muddy marks on them, so I'm delighted the boots are taking the damage rather than her legs. Thanks everyone! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement