Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4s screen issue

Options
  • 17-06-2012 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Looking for a bit of help on a screen issue with my 4s.

I purchased it used, It's a locked on three and probably in an 18/24 month contract, I really like it but I've noticed the slightest yellow blob on the screen, Mainly noticeable when viewing either white or black screens.

It's enough to annoy me so I was thinking I may as well send it off for repair, question is, where do I send it? I assumed apple, but would 3 also cover it? It's about 7 months into the warranty.

If it is apple, am I just best off calling them and sorting collection/postage as looking on their site I couldn't find a specific issue for 'screen blotches' or something like that.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Marks on the lcd are often liquid damage marks.
    Check the red water indicators in the dock connector and headphone socket are not triggered 1st as apple will not cover these and you may just be wasting your time.

If they are not triggered goto http://www.apple.com/ie/support/contact/ and enter your serial number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Marks on the lcd are often liquid damage marks.
    Check the red water indicators in the dock connector and headphone socket are not triggered 1st as apple will not cover these and you may just be wasting your time.

If they are not triggered goto http://www.apple.com/ie/support/contact/ and enter your serial number

Thanks for your help, didn't even know about water indicators, checked my dock one and it's white, found it hard to see the headphone one though.

Will have a look at contacting them then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

yea the headphone is difficult to see, if it was red it would be easier so I'd say your OK, go directly through apple though

Advertisement