Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

W4nkers!

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Lord Bafford

TossL1916 wrote: »
    A member of the Catholic Church is not just priests, its anyone baptised. So your saying that those 80,000 people there today condone the abuse of children? Are you trying to say that there are 80,000 rapists in Croke Park today? I'm not trying to defend what went on, and i believe that anyone who was involved in the abuse or cover ups of abuse should be excommunicated and jailed, but that doesnt mean the Church should be called a "vile institution", it also doesnt mean that all priests are clowns either.

I would argue that they are as bad for turning a blind eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

LordSmeg wrote: »
    A lot did
    When yoy say 'A lot', how many would that be as a percentage vs the total number of priests in the world??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Wrong!

It means the church can point out they have x amount of Catholic soldiers and use that as a mandate to continue perpetuating misery.
    deep breaths now,all this anger is really unhealthy.the church has had its day but aint gonna disappear overnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

My buddies tell me that I should've waited
    They say I'm missing a whole world of fun
    But I still love them and I sing with pride
    I like the Christian life

I won't lose a friend by heeding God's call
    For what is a friend who'd want you to fall
    Others find pleasure in things I despise

My buddies shun me since I turned to Jesus
    They say I'm missing a whole world of fun
    I live without them and walk in the light

I won't lose a friend by heeding God's call
    For what is a friend who'd want you to fall
    Others find pleasure in things I despise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

A member of the Catholic Church is not just priests, its anyone baptised. So your saying that those 80,000 people there today condone the abuse of children? Are you trying to say that there are 80,000 rapists in Croke Park today? I'm not trying to defend what went on, and i believe that anyone who was involved in the abuse or cover ups of abuse should be excommunicated and jailed, but that doesnt mean the Church should be called a "vile institution", it also doesnt mean that all priests are clowns either.

Leave off with the pedantic shíte, you know what I'm talking about. Do those 80k condone the abuse of kids ? No. Do they ignore it to keep their delusions in tact ? Absolutely. They still subscribe to the doctrine of an organisation responsible for sickening abuse of children. Those people were not excommunicated and jailed, they got off because the church backed them. They were hid, allowed to continue.

And yes all priests are clowns. If you spend your entire life devoted to an imaginary being telling others how to live their lives as set out by a work of fiction and spouting nonsense your a clown. Sorry.

fran17 wrote: »
    deep breaths now,all this anger is really unhealthy.the church has had its day but aint gonna disappear overnight

It will never disappear with people like you propping it up.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Final Approach

LordSmeg wrote: »
    To me its rather discomforting the sheer scale of people who believe this nonsense and happily take their cue from one of the most despicable organisations that has ever existed.
    I find it very depressing that the church still has the power to attract an 80,000 strong crowd.

It sends a clear message that the recent disclosures mean nothing.

It seems nothing can turn people off the vile institution.

Could not agree more if I tried. Its really does defy belief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

endacl wrote: »
    Well, the continent ones won't anyway....

dats racist

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

Would you ever go and get a bit of Fcuking perspective! Your trying to say that all those people knew about the abuse of children, and chose to do nothing about it? What kind of narrow minded person are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I would point out that babies are cajoled into following the organisation by an aggresive form of conditioning...

And a lot turn away from it when they get older. So their conditioning must not be as aggressive as it used to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The majority of these old farts will be dead within 10 to 15 years, they can take their Catholicism and Fianna Fail voting ways with them. At least the future will be brighter without them. Shame of the GAA for allowing this in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

When yoy say 'A lot', how many would that be as a percentage vs the total number of priests in the world??

What relevance does that have ? Are you defending child rape ? Are you defending an institution which allowed its member to rape children ? Do you think the number matters when those in control allowed it and covered it up ?

Or are you doing what the last poster was doing and trying to be pedantic over the use of the word "they" in reference to paedo priests trying to make out I am talking about every priest because you really have nothing else in the way of defence for this shítty corrupt organisation ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Seven and a half thousand overseas pilgrims from over one hundred and twenty countries will attend.

Tourism money and worldwide exposure

Would you ever go and get a bit of Fcuking perspective! Your trying to say that all those people knew about the abuse of children, and chose to do nothing about it? What kind of narrow minded person are you?

Are you suggesting most of the 80,000 worshipers have no knowledge of the atrocities committed by the church?

Two major reports have been released outlining the sheer scale of the church' callous and revolting crimes of immorality.

But people don't want to know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Insulting Boards.ie in After Hours

J A sus

So what's your opinion of the censorship of certain swear words?

I suppose you like being treated like a child?:rolleyes:

**** isn't censored. See. I just wrote it. And its there.

As for you saying it says a lot about "the site" what does that mean exactly now that your making an actual go of it?

And yes I do like be treated as a child, if I could, I let the mods of After Hours change my nappy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

That's real clever, piss off God just when he decides to bless us with a bit of sunshine.

And a lot turn away from it when they get older. So their conditioning must not be as aggressive as it used to be.

Wrong.

While they may appear to 'turn away', they still mysteriously baptise their sprogs.

It penetrates deeper than you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A the end of the day OP, no mater how you dry to dress it or defend it OP, Ireland is traditionally Roman Catholic country, in the same way that England is traditionally a prosidant country, Saudi Arabia is traditionally Muslim, etc etc.

This means that there is always going to be people who follow and practice that religion in that country. What is doesn't mean is that they should be subject to this religious hatrid that you seem to be subjecting them do. Fair enough, protest against the leaders of that religion if you want, but not those who profess to beleive in it.

There are peadofeals in every walk of life and profession, unfortunatly the catholic church in Ireland have just handled in it in a sh!t way. Most of its leaders and the clergy involved in it I'd say are good people, and carry out their role in the way expected from them.

As for 80,000 in croke park today, I seriously doubt it will reach that number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

It will never disappear with people like you propping it up.:mad:
    seek professional help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Maybe they didnt read your leaflet on how they should live their lives??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Thats like saying people who go to football matches are turning a blind eye to football hooliganism.

Some people believe in God and like to pray and attend mass etc. It does not make them evil people nor does if give extremists the right to vilify them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,355 ✭✭✭✭endacl

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Tourism money and worldwide exposure
    Worldwide exposure? So we could become the holiday destination of choice for superstitious religious nutjobs? No thanks. We've enough to deal with here with economic collapse and crap weather.

Tourism money? How many rosary beads would we have to sell them? It's not like they'd be out partying...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Attack the Pope, not the parishioners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Can someone tell this "w4nker" to shut up? Seriously, what's the point of getting this angry over something you don't need to even think about. Can't believe a mod hasn't stepped in yet.

Careful now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,355 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Attack the Pope, not the parishioners
    Too dangerous. He could eat your brain. Or worse, he could turn you...

**** isn't censored. See. I just wrote it. And its there.

As for you saying it says a lot about "the site" what does that mean exactly now that your making an actual go of it?

And yes I do like be treated as a child, if I could, I let the mods of After Hours change my nappy.

But other swear words are. I didn't want to take the risk.

Actually, the reason swear words are censored is more than likely connected with the Catholic church's dominance in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Actually, the reason swear words are censored is more than likely connected with the Catholic church's dominance in this country.

Wow!

fran17 wrote: »
    seek professional help

I reckon you'd struggle to find a non catholic mental health professional tbh. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TossL1916

Are you suggesting most of the 80,000 worshipers have no knowledge of the atrocities committed by the church?

Two major reports have been released outlining the sheer scale of the church' callous and revolting crimes of immorality.

But people don't want to know.
    They weren't involved in the abuse! Obviously they know what went on and they despise it and the people who did it.
    People know what went on, they haven't chosen to ignore it either. A small minority of humans do disgusting things, does josef fritzil represent austria? Do that group of men who gang raped another man represent Belfast? Do those priests who raped children and the hierarchy who covered it up and moved those priests to another parish represent the church? No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

But other swear words are. I didn't want to take the risk.

Yeah, After Hours is basically the online version of Alive Magazine.

You sir, have earned three :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I reckon you'd struggle to find a non catholic mental health professional tbh. :rolleyes:

I have a feeling you won't last long around here.

So God tells me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

This is just a mess now.

Locked.

OP, if you have a problem with how this free site that you joined less than a week ago is run, the I suggest you start a thread in Feedback, instead of derailing your own car-crash-tastic threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement