Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All Ireland Scholarship Scheme, Getting out of Irish? Applied Math and more...

• 17-06-2012 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey everyone,

Dropped out of school @ 16 for medical reaons so never sat the LC. Planning on going back in september to sit the final year. I've been studing for the past few months in physics, chem, math and will be up to a good standard before I go back. I'm planning on taking applied maths but wondering if it will be too hard as I won't have started any calculus before september?

I'm also aiming for quite high points in order to apply for the All Ireland Scholership Scheme but have a few questions about it. Is the scholership awarded along side the general maintenance grant? Meaning if you were granted the scholership would you be on 11,150/ year? Has anybody heard of any cuts in this area over the next 12 months?

My third question is in regards to sitting Irish in the leaving cert. I went to a primary school that barely did Irish and for my 4 years in secondary I did little to no irish (pass). As you can imagine I cannot remember a god damned thing. Is there any way for me to get out of having to sit Irish for the leaving seeing as I'm 20 going back to resit it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pepperr

For your first question, only one of the topics in Applied maths uses calculus, which would be Q10 Integration. It's one of the easiest if you know what you are doing, so it might be worth looking at trying to learn it yourself.

As for Irish, I think some people can get an exemption in certain cases. Staying in pass/foundation is an option too.

Advertisement