Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironman tracking

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

catweazle wrote: »
    Timing updated, I think Oryx is in the lead now followed closely by Red.

Hard what to make of Handageos time, looks like if chip times are correct he is running injured. Over 2 hours in transition, fair play to him hes showing great courage

As an aside I see Kevin Thornton just missed the sub 10, it just shows how hard a target it must be as I would have said he was a nailed on cert to dip under given his performances this year.

Great race by Mike O Brien in 9.36 (good Limerick Tri club target for Shotgun)

Yep, MOB, aka Mr Duracell in my log home in 9:37 with a 3:14 run on his first IM, savage in that heat. First Irish home too by the looks of it. Anyother boardsie will be happy eswords but 4:41 on the bike??

Katie Cooke 13 overall and podium AG! Great stuff

Handangeo 12:26, or is that right, tracker is messed up in places

C'mon the rest of the Boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Great stuff - Handegeo done and dusted for the day, must have been chip problems. Time = 12.26 (with a standout time of a 2.11 marathon split - watch out Kenya :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

There has to be some issue with that time for George as he was targeting 2hr quicker. Impressive time and marathon in MOB first IM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Handangeo done in 12:26. Timing must've been acting up for him.

RedB & Oryx must be holding hands, both through half way on the run in 12:28... who is going to move first :D Boardsie snog at the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

RedB & Oryx must be holding hands, both through half way on the run in 12:28... who is going to move first :D Boardsie snog at the end?

They could set a boards tradition for Tunney and JB to follow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Stay away from my Jewish mammy !!!

I haven't seen an update in a while and the next section was only 5.4k :confused:

Oryx is Jewish??? :confused:;)

Probably computer or chip issues. Or they've all nodded off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Nwm2 wrote: »

Great race by Mike O Brien in 9.36 (good Limerick Tri club target for Shotgun)

Excuse my ignorance, but I presume there are Kona slots at Austria? Is this close to qualifying?
    He came 53 overall i think and 32 in his age group...u do a 937 and only come 32nd...uber competitive age group..no hope of a roll down that far...but bound to be knocking on kona door in a yr or two..remember mob won tri an mhi half this year #perspective

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

The hamster seems to have fallen off the wheel that powers the live tracking........again.

• Advertisement

He came 53 overall i think and 32 in his age group...u do a 937 and only come 32nd...uber competitive age group..no hope of a roll down that far...but bound to be knocking on kona door in a yr or two..remember mob won tri an mhi half this year #perspective

32 AG, I sorted by AG and I counted him in as 10th AG. Remove all the Pro men etc... Top 10 AG is a great performance. I swim with him and another lad who finished today every monday. Both of them have been swimming sub 1hr IM pace on endurance swims last few weeks. Cooler IM, wetsuit swim and thats 10-12 mins off straight away. He jogged a 2:50 DCM last year. Absolutely Kona material even in the 30-34 ultra competitive AG.

griffin100 wrote: »
    The hamster seems to have fallen off the wheel that powers the live tracking........again.

F£%k sake. I rare;y ever swear but for f£^k sake!!! 2 more boardsies out there and I'm glued to the LIVE finish feed waiting for them. Another club girl was running 1st in her AG and I need confirmation. Another lad who has been training and losing serious weight like a hero is going to turn some of my hair grey waiting him to come in before the cut off

COME ON REDB! COME ON ORYX!

Updates always seem to die.

32 AG, I sorted by AG and I counted him in as 10th AG. Remove all the Pro men etc... Top 10 AG is a great performance. I swim with him and another lad who finished today every monday. Both of them have been swimming sub 1hr IM pace on endurance swims last few weeks. Cooler IM, wetsuit swim and thats 10-12 mins off straight away. He jogged a 2:50 DCM last year. Absolutely Kona material even in the 30-34 ultra competitive AG.
    I stand corrected. Saw 32 in his division. Top ten..should get him kona no?

Not a chance unfortuneatly, top 5 required and all sub 9 qualified last year.

Not a chance unfortuneatly, top 5 required and all sub 9 qualified last year.
    Wud not look at time. No wetsuits and a lot hotter this year...he has a roll down shot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Just heard from handangeo - sounds like the epic swim sucked the life out of him, add in a hillier than expected bike and running in 38 degrees - hell on earth!

Wud not look at time. No wetsuits and a lot hotter this year...he has a roll down shot

So you are expecting 5 people to refuse a slot...not a chance.

how do u know? not everyone has money and time to fly halfway round the world in 3 mths time..depends on a number of unknown factors...unlikely maybe but not a chance never say never. Deserves to get it ;)

RedB just in... YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!

Well done mate... that was a tough day after a close call swim but you did it!!!

15:30 long hours... you looked like one relieved man!!! It took courage

Congrats on becoming an Ironman!

• Advertisement

Ok come on Oryx, turned on the live footage to see our hoochie cross the line. Well done Red.

Thats assuming RedB came in first :confused:;):D

I turned on again for just that. COME ON ORYX!!

Really gearing up for a party at the end now! Not a hope in hell will I miss it again this year. Promised Caz that I am getting smashed and dancing the night away with her in Calella...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Any bow and arrow or six gun shooting from Redb crossing the line :D - looks like a great atmosphere there

Congrats Red!

Any bow and arrow or six gun shooting from Redb crossing the line :D - looks like a great atmosphere there

Congrats Red!

Big sigh of relief

Still no Oryx?? I've been watching - don't know how I missed RedB???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

how do u know? not everyone has money and time to fly halfway round the world in 3 mths time..depends on a number of unknown factors...unlikely maybe but not a chance never say never. Deserves to get it ;)

Eh no. If he deserved to get it he would have placed top five. If he gets a roll down he is just lucky.

I am getting concerned for Oryx given her and Red went through the HM at the same time. Never met you before Oryx but i am finding myself shouting and rooting for you. I so want to see a 280 cross that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I am getting concerned for Oryx given her and Red went through the HM at the same time. Never met you before Oryx but i am finding myself shouting and rooting for you. I so want to see a 280 cross that line.

Doesn't seem to have been an update for a while, same with a girl from the club too. She went through run spit 5 ages ago and nothing since.

tunney wrote: »

Eh no. If he deserved to get it he would have placed top five. If he gets a roll down he is just lucky.
    So roll downs dont deserve to go to kona?

• Advertisement

So roll downs dont deserve to go to kona?

Start a new thread as this is not the one for discussing roll down slots. I have my own personal views on it.

Advertisement